• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
First off all, I know that my math was off http://puu.sh/8JXXp.png (as posted above). I wasn't giving a real scenario as far as the numbers go.

I understand what you are saying, but you confused what I was saying. If 3 maps get at least 30% of votes then it would be a raffle between those maps. All I was trying to do what meet in the middle. Still have a raffle of the top voted maps, but not have the map that gets less than 5% picked.
I understood you perfectly. Those maps are still underplayed, and removing them hurts the system (in my opinion). While meeting in the middle sounds like a good idea at first, you should probably either leave the system the same or switch to the old one.

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
Please, remove it ;
1 : Clan battles/Scrimmages, sometimes the map sg2 whins when sg4 should've..and thus making people spend more time
2 : I vote for a map because I want to play it.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
He never said it sucked, he said REMOVE PLS
Still doesn't help, he should have said that he thinks that it should be removed because .. and because ..
Please, remove it ;
1 : Clan battles/Scrimmages, sometimes the map sg2 whins when sg4 should've..and thus making people spend more time
2 : I vote for a map because I want to play it.
1. Why not play on SG2? Sure, it might not be exactly ideal, but honestly, I think knowing all (if not most) maps should be a vital part for the competitive side of MCG
2. Don't you think people most often vote for the map because they want to play it? Yes, more people might vote for another map, but that shouldn't mean that the others should be excluded completely.

Qoku

Survivor
Reaction score
First off all, I know that my math was off http://puu.sh/8JXXp.png (as posted above). I wasn't giving a real scenario as far as the numbers go.

I understand what you are saying, but you confused what I was saying. If 3 maps get at least 30% of votes then it would be a raffle between those maps. All I was trying to do what meet in the middle. Still have a raffle of the top voted maps, but not have the map that gets less than 5% picked.
As much as I would agree with you other maps must have chances to get picked thats the reason of this new system. Its so that everyone has a chance to play the maps they want to play despite the odds. If the map gets picked then they get picked no real reason to eliminate another player/s decision on the map they like.

MaxTheKokiri

Platinum
Reaction score
Still doesn't help, he should have said that he thinks that it should be removed because .. and because ..

1. Why not play on SG2? Sure, it might not be exactly ideal, but honestly, I think knowing all (if not most) maps should be a vital part for the competitive side of MCG
2. Don't you think people most often vote for the map because they want to play it? Yes, more people might vote for another map, but that shouldn't mean that the others should be excluded completely.
Really should be removed because there are so many bad maps that interfere on the voting system for a clan scrim or battle.
For example, say there are 50 votes for valleyside and 1 vote for SG3, and SG3 wins. This is not a clan battle map therefore they can't play on it. There are a set of rules for clan battles that Soul has set up and one of those rules is that you have to play on a clan battle map like SG4 or Valleyside and etc.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Really should be removed because there are so many bad maps that interfere on the voting system for a clan scrim or battle.
For example, say there are 50 votes for valleyside and 1 vote for SG3, and SG3 wins. This is not a clan battle map therefore they can't play on it. There are a set of rules for clan battles that Soul has set up and one of those rules is that you have to play on a clan battle map like SG4 or Valleyside and etc.
1. Just because most people doesn't find it ideal for cbs doesn't mean it can't be done, I think that all competitive players should know all maps well and not just play SG4, Valleyside etc.
2. The rules are the ones agreed upon, whether it's soul's or not. (at least in EU)

MaxTheKokiri

Platinum
Reaction score
1. Just because most people doesn't find it ideal for cbs doesn't mean it can't be done, I think that all competitive players should know all maps well and not just play SG4, Valleyside etc.
2. The rules are the ones agreed upon, whether it's soul's or not. (at least in EU)
Nis sometimes I get aggresive giving my opinion lol

TheDominoyo

Tribute
Reaction score
Personally I find the current voting system is very helpful in allowing other maps to get chosen, if players didn't want the maps they wouldn't be voted. I feel if MCSG were to remove the current voting system (I hope not) they should replace lesser played maps with new maps a bit more frequently allowing maps not to be voted as repetitively! This would take care of the voting system as well as the main reason people did like the new voting system! :D

Tgod_24

Survivor
Reaction score
OK, I don't know if anyone has said this yet but
I FEEL I HAVE FIGURED OUT A PERFECT VOTING SYSTEM EVERYONE WOULD ENJOY
  • What we do is we use both of the voting systems.
  • Heres how it works, Very Simple. If the map WINS by more than 40%, or maybe 50% of the vote, than the map should automatically be played, so when SG4 has 27 votes, and SG1 has 2 votes, SG1 will be automatically ruled out because SG4 has more than 40% of the vote. EX - (SG4=94% . SG1=6%) SG1 will not win no matter what.
  • This prevents a lot of annoying occurrences, such as 1 person wanting SG1 and 23 wanting SG4, but if the vote ends up being 11 to 10 votes or some close number, then we would go back to the new % voting system.
  • Also I think we should Implement a /v 6 for a Random Map.
Thanks for reading this and have a great day!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci