• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
I really like it. While many players dislike it, I was quite happy when the idea was implemented. I, and many others, enjoy some underplayed maps. With the previous system, those maps were never voted, because players prefer the 'better' maps. This system allowed me to play those maps I wanted to play.

I will admit there where times where I was mad that maps I dislike won over popular, mainstream maps such as SG4 and Valleyside University, although it was for the better. While those maps are great, variety is even better. I don't know about the average 'competitive' player, but I like to play many different map styles. Playing maps like SG4, Valleyside, and other popular maps gets very boring, the gameplay gets repetitive, and eventually you just leave because there was nothing new.

This new feature changed that. It added variety to the games, and made you anticipate what map you might play on. With the old system, every time I joined a lobby, I didn't bother looking at the voting options because I already knew which map would win. This system, however, changed that for the better.

All in all, please do not revert the voting systems.
I get what you're saying, still I think one reason people dislike the system is that mostly, the popular maps are short games, fast pace gameplay, this is what most mcsg players really enjoy; Including me.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
There is a direct correlation. If you ask everyone in rebels, forgotten, and trivium 95% say valleyside I can bet on it.
Just because more players prefer a map over another doesn't mean it's better.
Most really popular maps have really bad builds and terraforming (and also "gameplay", as survival games should be survival games, not clan battle games. Some popular maps also have terrible gameplay for clan battles due to an disastrous amount of water/lava. That being said, most people seem to enjoy their map over how "good" it's tiered, over how many tier 2s and how simple it is to get them.

Demcmd

Experienced
Reaction score
People vote to play the map they want. Then there is that one person who votes for some random map, and that ends up winning. 23 people want to play Valleyside University, and they end up playing something like Howling Mountains. I vote for the removal of this system. It seems very flawed as it is.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
ChadTheDJ , underplayed maps are underplayed for a reason.
Stop assuming a map is bad just because it underplayed. THAT is the real reason they are underplayed... most people dont even give them a chance... also another reason is becuase everyone is so competitive they dont want to dedicate time to learning new routes in new maps, so they just keep on voting the same maps. People really need to remember this is for fun, not to be ranked number 1....

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Stop assuming a map is bad just because it underplayed. THAT is the real reason they are underplayed... most people dont even give them a chance... also another reason is becuase everyone is so competitive they dont want to dedicate time to learning new routes in new maps, so they just keep on voting the same maps. People really need to remember this is for fun, not to be ranked number 1....
I said it could be because of any reason, like a bug or a glitch.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
It really should be kept. It's not perfect, there's always that one time where you really want to play a map and then the map with one vote wins, but I usually play the map anyways. Generally I would just look for a server until it had my map but this new system has gotten me to branch out and try new maps. Those who dislike this system usually are just against learning new routes and playing other maps that might take a little longer. Because of this system, underplayed maps that usually only get around 3-5 votes (compared to other maps that get 5-8) have a larger chance of being picked. A can tell you for certain that Eye of Horus, Memory of Earth, and pretty much all new maps would only get played like once a decade with the older system, and underplayed yet somewhat liked maps like Origins, Fortress Pyke, and others would suffer the same fate. Sure every once in a while SG3 wins with one vote, but it is very rare. And if that happens, why not give it a shot? We're here to have fun aren't we?! Even if you really hate the map that is chosen, just join another server. It's really not that hard, especially with the new autojoin feature. Lobbies aren't very long (and autojoin tends to put me at least in servers that only have about 40 seconds remaining.) If it was up to me in all honesty, I would've removed the voting system long ago and left it completely random, though I admit that this system appeals more to the general public. Perhaps some are rather unlucky with the system, but I feel it in general works for the benefit of all, and gives those who donated a lot more influence in the voting system (more appeal to donate!)

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice ratio. 2 out of 30 games. That means you have a 1 out of 25 game suwon ratio. I'd be suprised if you had won more than twice and valley side.
you dumb kid? My actual ratio on here is 369/2200. Want to know the ratio I can get when I'm not even trying? Stat theoremz. I am bad at breeze so I don't play it. But I win plenty on valleyside
That's why I made that edit :p

ok, your not the only people making MCSG money. You make them some, but there is so many donors that aren't in clans. Think of the big picture. How many people have logged into MCSG? Over a million or 2? 500 is nothing compared to that. Lets day that out of that 500 about 100 have donor. There are tons of people buying donor everyday, and in pretty sure most of them aren't in clans.
sorry but you'd be surprised the percentage of donors that are in or have been in a clan. I alone have spent 200$ on this server solely for my friends and I DUE TO CLANS

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
you dumb kid? My actual ratio on here is 369/2200. Want to know the ratio I can get when I'm not even trying? Stat theoremz. I am bad at breeze so I don't play it. But I win plenty on valleyside

sorry but you'd be surprised the percentage of donors that are in or have been in a clan. I alone have spent 200$ on this server solely for my friends and I DUE TO CLANS
First off, that is not even good. My ratio is about twice that and that's not even good. Second off, please stop acting like a pretentious jerk just because you donated. A donation is a donation, MCSG does not owe you anthing. You are the embodiment of the reason why the system needs to stay. "I'm bad at breeze so I don't play it. But I win plenty on valleyside" this is the problem and why this system needs to stay. Because so many people don't vote for underplayed or new maps simply because they are 'bad' at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci