• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Voting

How should we vote for maps?

• Vote to skip (server picks next at random)

Votes: 141 53.6%
  • Vote on 5 (server picks at random 5)

Votes: 84 31.9%
  • Vote on overall (What we have now)

Votes: 38 14.4%

• Total voters

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My two cents.

IMHO, we should add a raffle system.

Example:

24 player server, 12 people vote for Breeze Island, 8 vote for map two and 4 vote for Overgrown Forrest

Then it puts into a raffle which would mean.

12 tickets for Breeze Island
8 tickets for map two
4 tickets for Overgrown Forrest

This would mean Breeze island has a 50% chance of winning, etc. I believe this would add a variety to the games, it wouldn't always be the same map, but if people preferred one map they would have a higher chance of playing on that map. It still allows an input.

So basically it would end up like this.

People join, vote for their favorite map and wait for the lobby to end. Each vote of a player = 1 ticket.

At the end of the lobby it calculates all the votes and puts them in a raffle, and the winning ticket would be drawn and the map would be played depending on which number was drawn. (I'm pretty sure this would be possible, if you have some people who would lend their time to code it)

This is my favorite idea, but if you're not taking suggestions then my vote would be to stick with the one we have now.

Purewelshboy1

Career
Reaction score
In my opinion, the voting system needs to be changed because the lobby (Most of the time) gets full of spam saying "Vote1!!!!!!!" or something like " Vote 2 or i'l kill your mother!" (Not joking) so yeah, Maybe if it was changed to random then no one can spam about that anymore (at least) so then the lobby would be more peaceful and there will be less rule breaking of spam in the community :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I would like a mixture of 1 and 2, tbh.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"Right now it seems some really popular maps like Breeze Island are very common with our current system."

Umm .. I do not think its the voting systems fault, I think that the majority of people like Breeze Island enough for it to win, not because of this voting system.

FMJ_Blade

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the idea of 5 maps chosen and I think it would be a good idea to have certain servers have specific maps so maybe dedicate 2 servers for a particular map.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Back when I was working on this stuff, this was the sitation:

Server boots up, and gets a random map. It displays it in the lobby like this:

Next map: nextMap.

Skip next map with /skip.
Amount of skipvotes: skipVotes .
Skipvotes needed: getSkipVotesNeeded .

Just like the game were this idea came from (MW2), players can only skip once. Once a map gets skipped, the plugin disables skipping for everyone.

So once a map gets skipped, the next one would be played for sure. Unless the server catches fire, than ehm, nothing will be played.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I figured a limited number of skips would be the case, but that's why I said "if an infinite amount is allowed". :p

Anyway, my vote still goes to option 2 personally, but if a limited number of skips is allowed for option 1, I wouldn't mind it so much if it became permanent.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
If a map gets voted on than that is the map the majority want to play. Majority rules.
This ain't Russia, lol jk.. love you Russian faces.
Perhaps have dedicated servers for certain maps?
3 servers for map 1, 3 for map 2 and so on...
And the rest have a voting system

jryano17

Spectator
Reaction score
You should do it like black ops where you can chose the map, previous map or random. but you can only play on the same map 2 times in a row.

RadioactivFly

Survivor
Reaction score
Then how about we only get to skip once. Then the map becomes locked in. Voting to skip would then be a gamble, not a luxury.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci