• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Voting

How should we vote for maps?

• Vote to skip (server picks next at random)

Votes: 141 53.6%
  • Vote on 5 (server picks at random 5)

Votes: 84 31.9%
  • Vote on overall (What we have now)

Votes: 38 14.4%

• Total voters

DarkStar634

Tribute
Reaction score
Think about it. They have around 70 servers, each of which is active 24/7. A game lasts around 20 minutes, or around 3 an hour. That's 72 games a day, for 70 servers. Keeping track of all of those games wold cause incredible amounts of lag, as well as taking up a large amount of server space. So no, it can't happen.
No, it get's cleared at the start of each game, not to keep been recorded.

But fine, I guess it would cause lag anyway, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

DarkStar634

Tribute
Reaction score
It can work like that, but it's not that simple.

But we get it... if it were to happen, it would cause mass lag.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the voting system on another game is rather good, a choice of 2 random maps come up and you can vote for A, B or another completely random one, kind of like the vote on 5 one but with less maps and a random (perhaps increase this number as more maps are added)
I hate to reference to it but the system comes from Call of Duty... yeah, they did something right for once XD

DarkStar634

Tribute
Reaction score
Play on a 48 server.
Some people don't like to play with that many people.

Also, I think we should have the Vote on 5, or if not exactly that, every round, there are 5 (or some other number) maps to select from, especially now that there are a lot of maps.

I also don't quite get what "Vote To Skip" is.

THatShadowGuy

Spectator
Reaction score
I think Vote On 5 would be best. It would be the best compromise between letting people choose and making sure maps can't be overplayed. It would also help simplify voting a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci