• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Voting

How should we vote for maps?

• Vote to skip (server picks next at random)

Votes: 141 53.6%
  • Vote on 5 (server picks at random 5)

Votes: 84 31.9%
  • Vote on overall (What we have now)

Votes: 38 14.4%

• Total voters

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the vote to skip, but I have some questions...

Every time the votes go over 50%, does it change to another map to be voted upon? Or does it play the next map, without voting?

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
The sole reason that Breeze Island is so popular is that it is small. This might be immediately obvious but the majority of the players want smaller maps so that they can play more games in a shorter amount of time. Personally I like the larger maps because then it relies more on skill and knowledge of the map to succeed. Look at the Call Of Duty franchise for example. Fans of Black Ops will remember Nuketown 24/7, the playlist based entirely on the smallest map in the game (Nuketown). That being said, I am going to go with the general public here and say that I think we should have the right to vote for what map we play. If the majority wants to play map 4, then why cant they? Donorship is a different mater, because 1 rich guy can outvote 5 regular guys. I am not saying this is wrong, because the servers need the money. If it ever gets to the point where there are more than enough maps to display (and I really hope it does) then the second option sounds the best.
Yea in a way egrodo is right because in MW2 the map rust was very popular because of its small size... however there is an exception, actually many. MW2 map terminal, Black Ops zombies map Call of the Dead, and of course, Skitscapes many maps.. these maps are bigger and do require a very good strategy for survival. Though the most imporant is Skitscapes sg maps. I think if you can get a builder team like Team Cloud(im a big fan) to build a map that is bigger, harder, and the chests aren't just out in the open it would be nice. This would also be a way to find hackers because in a big map only hackers will find you in very isolated places. Anyway Chad i hope u open up some really nice new maps because I've gotten tired of the old ones.

R

RedSeamonster

Back when I was working on this stuff, this was the sitation:

Server boots up, and gets a random map. It displays it in the lobby like this:

Next map: nextMap.

Skip next map with /skip.
Amount of skipvotes: skipVotes .
Skipvotes needed: getSkipVotesNeeded .

Just like the game were this idea came from (MW2), players can only skip once. Once a map gets skipped, the plugin disables skipping for everyone.

So once a map gets skipped, the next one would be played for sure. Unless the server catches fire, than ehm, nothing will be played.
You only skip once!
YOSO!!!

TheCocaColaGuy

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the idea of 4 random maps better because if 50% or more of the people have to vote to skip, map 4 will more than likely end up being played anyway. This is my argument and I'm stickin to it!

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Having 5 random maps would allow you to add all 4 community maps, and have a large degree of flexibility.

RadioactivFly

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the idea of 4 random maps better because if 50% or more of the people have to vote to skip, map 4 will more than likely end up being played anyway. This is my argument and I'm stickin to it!
The whole idea of skipping until the one most people want to play is selected can be easily avoided. The solution: only allow one skip. After that, the map is locked in. I hate to compare MC to CoD, but here's the analogy: In World at War, multiple skips were allowed. This led to people skipping until they found the one map most people liked. Naturally, only a handful of maps were ever played. That particular problem was fixed in Modern Warfare II, in which only one skip was allowed. This is what should be implemented in MCSG. Voting to skip would become a gamble rather than something you do when you would rather play a different map, because the next one could be worse. Again, I'm comparing MC to CoD. But I certainly liked the MW2 voting system much better than the COD3 voting system, in which voting is between every map, and the Black Ops/MW3 voting system, in which voting is between two specific maps and an option for random selection. Even if people don't like the one-skip voting on MCSG, it's still worth a try.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
You should do it like black ops where you can chose the map, previous map or random. but you can only play on the same map 2 times in a row.
They can't do that because the server resets it self after everygame. So all the plugins will reset

DarkStar634

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the vote on 5 maps idea. It will be much better when more maps are added.

Also, with this, the same map that was played last round shouldn't be selected again, so players get a chance to play different maps, because Breeze Island is way too much overplayed.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the vote on 5 maps idea. It will be much better when more maps are added.

Also, with this, the same map that was played last round shouldn't be selected again, so players get a chance to play different maps, because Breeze Island is way too much overplayed.
See the post above.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes they can, it's easy.

The map that was last played just gets written to a file.
Think about it. They have around 70 servers, each of which is active 24/7. A game lasts around 20 minutes, or around 3 an hour. That's 72 games a day, for 70 servers. Keeping track of all of those games wold cause incredible amounts of lag, as well as taking up a large amount of server space. So no, it can't happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci