• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crazy 1.6 lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Some people's stayed the same, meaning it's not a minecraft-wide ordeal. Stop fighting me.
After several comments of the same things, it's gotten useless. I'm not fighting, I'm discussing with you about what I want in my thread and what I don't want.
So you only want people that got an FPS drop to reply to this thread?
Not even, I want people that can help to reply to my thread. If people also need help with the same issue, it's fine if they reply saying that, but it still annoys me. Someone that gets the same FPS as before or a really good FPS doesn't need the help anyways. There is always the watch thread button though if you need help with the same issue.

M

MrKorrenian

I've actually been getting better FPS with 1.6.2. I run at about 100 - 120 FPS on far. and 80 - 90 While recording on far.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Now you know how I feel. Although 20 is my average, never 5.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Update post! (One of those situations where you are allowed double posting).

So I found a solution to the problem, but I don't know if I will be able to explain it well here. If you don't understand what I post, follow this (insert hyperlink here of: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1872513-fps-in-161/page__st__20 because I have no idea how to do it :p) thread I found on the Minecraft Forums where the solution is quite the same as Forairan did in his thread a while ago. I did follow Forairan's tutorial earlier, but having the old launcher and the new launcher prevented it from working properly.

So like it says in those guides, your Minecraft is running off the Integrated Graphics and not the NVidia or whatever graphics card you have like it should. There are 2 ways to change it, one in Forairan's guide or you can RIGHT click on the Minecraft Launcher and it should say something like "Run with graphics processor". Hover over that, and click on "Change default graphics processor...". Then you can change from Integrated Graphics to the Graphics card you should be using.

I had done that before making this thread. It turns out the problem was that I couldn't run the new launcher on the NVidia graphics card, because if I tried, it would redirect me to the old launcher. So I deleted the old launcher, and now the new launcher can use the NVidia graphics card perfectly fine.

Hopefully that helps some people :)

TerrabyteX

Tribute
Reaction score
Lol. I don't mean to be arrogant DaPieHD . I use to get 200fps on my laptop and now I'm only getting 12

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
This isn't the final solution since I run on an APU (Basically no graphics card but a processor with intergrated graphics card) and I can't switch to a Graphics card, fu 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci