• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Day 1]What does MCG think about SG1?

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
The Survival Games
  • Created by Team Vareide
  • Proud MCSG map since opening day, April (11th?) 2012!
  • Forest styled map based off "The Hunger Games" movie
Map Trailer
By Vareide

Let's hear your thoughts on this classic map!
If we get a good turnout, I'll keep it going for every map!
So stay tuned for new threads on other maps in the future!

Lis

Career
Reaction score
I miss playing this map, honestly. It had such an authentic feel to it.. games lasted so long and it wasn't just OP routes but also just surviving. It's definitely one of those maps that are for fun and not exactly for being competitive, which I like.

Reaction score
I actually do like this map. The only problem is I don't know where the chests are anymore. I used to know but not much anymore since it's barely played.

Zacharyyyy

Platinum
Reaction score
It is well built. The chests are very hidden and that is what sets me off to this map, and all of the trees. Also the length of the games are very long and the map is so large if there are 4 people left you will not find anyone until you circle the entire map 5 times.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
it's iconic and all but doesn't stack up to the higher expectations for maps nowadays

Catz.

Survivor
Reaction score
Well if everything didn't look the same, and I wouldn't get lost finding my route as easily, I might like it more.

Berserker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bad terraforming not enough chests, one op chest route that everyone goes, default trees, too big, map not centred at 0,0. Op items still exist on this map with enchanted helmet and a god Apple I I think.

Should this map be removed? Yes lmao

GodChueco

Quantum
Reaction score
I think that SG1 was a decent map because it gave you that feeling to survive and to win but it has not been very likable as of now...
Should it be removed? 60%

Misjudged

Survivor
Reaction score
The first map I've ever engineered my own chest route on c:. I still remember playing 20-25 minute games on this map, but nonetheless, it was a good time.

And, it probably should be removed because although it has extreme nostalgic value, it will always be stifled by the horrendous game times and unappealing landscape. Still one of my favorites though. :p

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I miss playing this map, honestly. It had such an authentic feel to it.. games lasted so long and it wasn't just OP routes but also just surviving. It's definitely one of those maps that are for fun and not exactly for being competitive, which I like.
Yeah, Survival was the name of the game back then, but competitive gaming took over and this was kinda thrown to the side.
It is well built. The chests are very hidden and that is what sets me off to this map, and all of the trees. Also the length of the games are very long and the map is so large if there are 4 people left you will not find anyone until you circle the entire map 5 times.
Really enjoyed your comment :) It gets really confusing, even for me, on the forest side of things, and since everyone gets lost, the one guy who actually can find his way around can't find anyone!
Bad terraforming not enough chests, one op chest route that everyone goes, default trees, too big, map not centred at 0,0. Op items still exist on this map with enchanted helmet and a god Apple I I think.
Should this map be removed? Yes lmao
A lot has changed in map expectations, back when this was created, the OP items rule was nonexistant, and the terraforming was more meant for the landscape to kill you instead of the players killing each other.

Great feedback everyone! Expect another edition coming soon!

Seth

Career
Reaction score
I really like this thread idea :p
I don't mind it, although in regards to gear, whomever gets boat usually ends up winning as they slaughter the entire game. Great map at the time but it has degraded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci