• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Day 1]What does MCG think about SG1?

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
AH COME ON
Why would you care about TREES?!

Valleyside has default trees and SG4 does (probably many more but it can't really think of any atm) yet they're still very successful maps. Both of them are much more successful than your map with CUSTOM TREES.
The reason that Valleyside and SG4 are successful maps is because of their structures, PvP aspects, etc (not to mention that they are older maps when less scenery-oriented maps were accepted). The trees have nothing to do with their success. Nowadays, a map with custom trees is more likely to be accepted due to the fact that those who choose the maps enjoy detailed scenery in maps (see: Winterhaven, Fallen Empire).

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The reason that Valleyside and SG4 are successful maps is because of their structures, PvP aspects, etc (not to mention that they are older maps when less scenery-oriented maps were accepted). The trees have nothing to do with their success. Nowadays, a map with custom trees is more likely to be accepted due to the fact that those who choose the maps enjoy detailed scenery in maps (see: Winterhaven, Fallen Empire).
Yes, but the thing is that he said everything bad about the map and stated that the map should be removed from the network because of some easy things to fix and trees.

By easy things I mean a low amount of chests, routes and such.

Reaction score
One of the best maps ever made. I's not about getting the op route but surviving and having to actually try to win. Most people who want this map removed are probably new players who are too used to this fast paced (and pretty annoying) meta of SG

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, but the thing is that he said everything bad about the map and stated that the map should be removed from the network because of some easy things to fix and trees.

By easy things I mean a low amount of chests, routes and such.
I agree that it can be fixed. However, is it the right thing to change it? SG1 is a classic map from the old days - not many of those maps remain. What right do we have to desecrate a classic such as this map? Personally, I believe that the lack of chests and huge open-world PvP style is all part of the style of the map, and that shouldn't be changed just to cater to the players' desires.

Berserker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
AH COME ON
Why would you care about TREES?!

Valleyside has default trees and SG4 does (probably many more but it can't really think of any atm) yet they're still very successful maps. Both of them are much more successful than your map with CUSTOM TREES.
HAHAHAHAHA
the trees on this map make it hard to run kid have you ever played this map?

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I know this is a super old map. I've played on it quite a bit and I find it hard to find chests. I do like how it brings back the old survival games vibe because a lot of servers had the map back in the 2012-2013 time period.

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA
the trees on this map make it hard to run kid have you ever played this map?
Yes, I have. I wouldn't say anything about the map if I never played it.

William

District 13
Reaction score
This map brings a lot of memories. First time playing it all the way back to 2012, I still enjoy it to this day. Whenever I see the option to vote for it I usually vote for it. It's kinda been one of the characteristic maps of Survival Games for me, same with SG2.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Bad terraforming not enough chests, one op chest route that everyone goes, default trees, too big, map not centred at 0,0. Op items still exist on this map with enchanted helmet and a god Apple I I think.

Should this map be removed? Yes lmao
There's no god apple. And one enchanted chainmail helmet isn't really "OP." Blame MCSG for not tiering the map so that there's balanced routes, and considering this was the first map ever made, it's gonna have some flaws. There's no way it should be removed, as it IS the original map.

I think this map is terrific. Lots of nostalgia can be found on it. It feels so "survival-y" and it really brings back what "Survival Games" should be. The tiering is unblanaced, but that's not really the map's fault. If MCSG wanted to they could balance the tiering.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci