• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Day 1]What does MCG think about SG1?

Berserker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, Survival was the name of the game back then, but competitive gaming took over and this was kinda thrown to the side.

Really enjoyed your comment :) It gets really confusing, even for me, on the forest side of things, and since everyone gets lost, the one guy who actually can find his way around can't find anyone!

A lot has changed in map expectations, back when this was created, the OP items rule was nonexistant, and the terraforming was more meant for the landscape to kill you instead of the players killing each other.

Great feedback everyone! Expect another edition coming soon!
suhdude

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
People should build more maps like this. Chests are hidden- you won't find a chest out in the open- ( which is basically the case now with newer maps, where everything is just given to you withouth needing to really search for it) this is one, and will always be one of my favorite maps

Berserker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People should build more maps like this. Chests are hidden- you won't find a chest out in the open- ( which is basically the case now with newer maps, where everything is just given to you withouth needing to really search for it) this is one, and will always be one of my favorite maps
These are the reasons people don't play it, they like a fast game where you can get stacked with opening two or three chests.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
These are the reasons people don't play it, they like a fast game where you can get stacked with opening two or three chests.
Then y don't they go play battleground or something... What's the fun of having amazing big maps if the games are over so quickly?

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
pls no remove c: all the nostalgia

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
This map and SG2 are probably the only two maps I can bare seeing from the old creations :p (That & Teweran SG :p) I hope it'll stay :p

Cold

Platinum
Reaction score
SG1 has always been my favorite map.
I really like the original 5 Vareide maps, even though 5 is gone now and 4 is overplayed

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
SG1 is a really fun map to play it, especially because it is so open and has the "survival" aspect that so few of the maps we have nowadays include.

But SG2 is better. = ))

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I love SG1, i remember playing hour long games on it where i would just run around exploring. I eventually made what i thought an amazing route but it has like 2 or 3 tier twos so it's no good anymore. Nowadays whenever it's in the map pool I vote it 100% for the nostalgia. I just rush the boat and the castle thing then sometimes enchant... then camp spawn. I rarely play SG anymore but when I do I always look for SG1, SG2 or Origins because they are the only ones i can win on xD

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
default trees
AH COME ON
Why would you care about TREES?!

Valleyside has default trees and SG4 does (probably many more but it can't really think of any atm) yet they're still very successful maps. Both of them are much more successful than your map with CUSTOM TREES.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
AH COME ON
Why would you care about TREES?!

Valleyside has default trees and SG4 does (probably many more but it can't really think of any atm) yet they're still very successful maps. Both of them are much more successful than your map with CUSTOM TREES.
the burn o my

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci