• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Demon's Breeze getting removed?

Jstame

Experienced
Reaction score
Than you have a weird definition of not that ugly.
If you ask me, trees without leaves, buildings that look unfinished; random dragons, giant lava pools, all look kinda ugly. I'm still amazed this map got past.
you do realize that the trees without leaves, lava, buildings that are broken down are how the map was intended to be. This wasn't meant to be pretty and green. It was meant to be an apocalyptic style of map with a few places of life remaining. There is no other map on the servers that offer the same type of game play as demons breeze and that is why it was accepted. Im honestly amazed that you missed the entire point of the map and the theme behind it.

MaxStormz

Experienced
Reaction score
I enjoy Demon's breeze, not so much Freeze Island. Chasing people through the ice is annoying. >.>

Sasher

Experienced
Reaction score
I guess Im the small forum minority that actually enjoys Freeze island over Demons breeze :(

BomBashious

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
you do realize that the trees without leaves, lava, buildings that are broken down are how the map was intended to be. This wasn't meant to be pretty and green. It was meant to be an apocalyptic style of map with a few places of life remaining. There is no other map on the servers that offer the same type of game play as demons breeze and that is why it was accepted. Im honestly amazed that you missed the entire point of the map and the theme behind it.
I think what hes trying to say is the builds just don't look that good. The map just kinda lacks ... theme. You kinda just took all of statics builds, broke them down a bit, placed a vanilla nether fortress and replaced nether brick with stone brick, and just put lava everywhere. The mountains bare just look too skinny and plain. I know you were going for an apocalyptic type of feel, but that doesn't mean things can't look good. In addition, Lucid said he "Didn't understand the dragons" Because the "dragon" doesn't really go with the theme of demons breeze.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Do you think I'm stupid or something? I understand the map was made to look like trash: and that's why I hate it.
It's understandable why you defend it, you built it.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Except for the fact I fry in lava nearly every match, I love Demons. As "ugly" as it might be, there's a lot of other ugly maps out there, with lesser of a gameplay aspect.

Demons brings in something we don't see in most other maps, which is the excessive lava. This can make the games more of a PvE aspect, than PvP.

Who doesn't like punching someone into a pit of lava?

As stated before, I find the gameplay on this map amazing, simply because of it's incorporation of the lava, making it a bit more PvE, rather than stabbing everyone to death.

Yes, I realize the Survival Games is PvP, but it's still PvP, but with a change in pace.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I think the poll idea was a horrible idea, no offense MCSG. All the noobs want the game to be super easy because they suck. Therefore, they voted for no mobs, no lower chest loot, Demon's Breeze to be removed over Freeze Island because they get lag and are too nooby to know that if you turn your sound off the lag stops. Freeze Island should be removed instead of Demon's Breeze. This also is one of my favorite maps, I almost always win on it too. At least they voted for Hell Games to be removed....

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
The way minecraft handles hellish blocks is just plain bad, also your builds/team elites builds on the map are less than par. The mansion looks flat, the gameplay favors those who stick to corn and the main island because there are less chances of you being knocked into lava. It's not really apocalyptic, in my eyes. When I think of apocalyptic, I think of a wasteland, not lava. Although the map may be unique to this server, if the map is bad, it shouldn't be here. It's not that bad, it's not the worst map on MCSG, but the standards are pretty low, I feel.

This is just my opinion, and I felt like expressing it, just like you felt like defending your map.

Also, about the lag players get, you guys are acting like you don't care about those players, but I made an argument on another thread on why Optifine was accepted as a mod, and they said it was because "it wouldn't be fair to the other players who get lag if we didn't allow it as a mod." This map goes against that point.

Jstame

Experienced
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, in demons breeze its a lava snake/ lava monster.., not a dragon. If it was a dragon it would be better built and have wings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci