• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Describe Your Personality

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Observent, thoughtful, respectful, funny, fair, caring.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Loud, commanding, bold, semi-arrogant at times

But also, caring, fair, observant, and a thinker.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
**900 words into typing this, I realized I went way beyond the original question of what my personality is like. Only read this if you have spare time, because it's massive.**

Oh, goodness.. I once wrote three pages on my personality.

**please note that my view of my own personality is biased, and is based off of my personality in all sorts of situations, both public and private. For example, while some people might think that I am (X) personality, and others might think that I am (A) personality, really I could be (NAX).
***also, please note that this is quite a rant. It's late and I fell asleep in church about two hours ago, so don't expect literary greatness.

First of all, I was raised by a father who was clinically bipolar, threatened to be abusive, and was absent for more than half of my life, as he was constantly going on "business trips" that were really his excuse to go and cheat on my mom. My mother and sisters were the main people to raise me, and for quite a bit of my life I was completely fine with watching Barbie movies with my little sister. I think we lost all of them when moving last year.
That right there should be a warning indicator.

At some point in my life, I held at least four personalities, all different and quite unique...

Outwardly among strangers, I was shy. Never speaking unless spoken to, and even then I usually either ignored the person or replied without words. "Shy" is an understatement. I'm starting to slowly get over it due to my experiences with people on MCSG, but I still hold a distaste for being in public social situations.

In addition, I have extremely low self-confidence. It is incredibly low, beyond the point of me simply feeling ugly or inadequate.
Since I was young, I was forced by my older sister and mother to conform to her idea of a "perfect child". I was always separated from the "other kids". I wasn't allowed to watch TV, once I grew up they didn't let me listen to any music that the other kids liked, and I was forced to find interests that were separate from everyone else.
I was taught to think of myself as unique, special, and "above" everyone else. I know this is false, but I can't help but see faults that other people make - whether it be bullying others, allowing themselves to be bullied, making simple mistakes in random things... I was taught to watch other people make mistakes, and learn from theirs so that I would not make any.
Being brought up in that manner yet also instructed to stay humble and reserved was rather difficult. Eventually I learned to cope, but it's something that I still struggle with.
To this day, I have issues getting along with other teens.

Among friends, of which there are few, I pick weird moments to be serious or not.
Zaex can testify to this - at some times I will hold myself to extremely high moral standards, and watch others around me. I strive to be a 'better' version of myself.
And sometimes, I completely goof off, especially later in the night, like past 10 PM... and especially past midnight, when I get to the point of insane tiredness. I simply flip, and start cursing anything with two legs and a computer. I basically let go of my coherent thought process and just go on more spur-of-the-moment things. I guess I sort of compare it to being drunk and lacking better judgement.

I'm secretly a hopeless romantic, but I will deny it if you confront me about it.
I may not show it, but I'm just as hormonal as any other teenage male, unfortunately. I do have a physical attraction towards the opposite gender, but I try to restrain it as much as possible. So instead of openly pining for the concept of "love" in real life, I confine myself to wandering through virtual dusty libraries, spending hours each week reading novels, most of which have romance in some form or another.
(This is quite embarrassing to admit, but it's true. The only reason I'm admitting this is because it's late, and as I mentioned earlier today I lack decent judgement skills past a certain point of exhaustion. However, as you might be able to tell, my capacity for writing is mostly fine.)

I'm always "that quiet kid in the corner" everywhere I go. Even in TeamSpeak channels where everyone knows who I am on MCSG, I prefer to resign myself to typing and hope that my messages are read by those in the channel.
I simply cannot bring myself to stand out, even if I want to. Online is probably the one place where I can put effort into who I am.

Oh, and also, some people asked me a while ago why I typed how I do...
Well, let's just say that it ties into the whole "Perfect child" concept.
When I first started online gaming, my older sister didn't really care about what I did online much. But when I got into Minecraft and started participating in servers, she insisted that I use decent grammar - placing periods at the end of messages, commas here and there. Capitalizing where necessary, the whole package.
Believe it or not, I credit my English and Language Arts classes with very little when it comes to my ability to type. I can't remember a single lesson that I was taught over the past five years (except for this school year, because it was so recent). Honestly, it's 99% effort, and 1% skill.

I started from nothing - at the age of 12, armed with a mere keyboard, a young boy began to type...
And three years later, he hasn't really stopped

Participating in MCSG has truly changed who I am and what I'm like.
If I choose to, now I can engage in debates with any random fellow and push forth my own points and ideas, where previously I would have sat back and let them ruin themselves.
I had always been thoughtful on the inside, rather than expressive on the outside. Through my experiences on MCGamer, especially the forums, I've managed to expand my horizons.

Reaction score
I get angry easily and I tend to rage. I'm not that shy, but I still sit 2-3 hours on the computer everyday :p I'm pretty social and weird, as my friends call me sometimes xD

And sometimes, I completely goof off, especially later in the night, like past 10 PM... and especially past midnight, when I get to the point of insane tiredness. I simply flip, and start cursing anything with two legs and a computer. I basically let go of my coherent thought process and just go on more spur-of-the-moment things. I guess I sort of compare it to being drunk and lacking better judgement.
Nah it's pretty usual :p (for me at least)
But dude, how much did that take you to write xD

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Sarcastic, Competitive, Hyper/Chill depends on my mood.

N

nobot28

i love how everyone is using one to four words when mooclan just wrote and essay

ON TOPIC : Nerdy

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I tend to be quiet and serious during the morning, most probably because of exhaustion and, or sleep deprivation. But throughout the day, I begin to become more hyperactive and sometimes a little joyful. However a majority of the time plenty of people talk behind my back, unfortunately for them they don't know how to whisper properly, but I don't tend to bother far too much about it and continue my somewhat irritating personality in the afternoon. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci