• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you want Friend rank back?

Do you want Friend back?

• Ya, I do!

• Nah. Begone with that!

Results are only viewable after voting.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I think there should be a friend rank and I agree there should be changes to make it fair and somewhat difficult to get. An example would be, the moderator would have to be active for 6 months, have a certain amount of kicks, bans, and mutes and leave on good terms. This would ensure that it would be given to people who actually deserve some recognition/reward for all the hard work that they have put into the server.

Map makers get VIP for maps they have made which takes anywhere from days to weeks to make, mods get platinum for the months of work they have put into this community. I am perfectly happy with getting platinum and honestly I personally don't really need any reward. Im not saying map makers don't work very hard but staff work just as hard. Staff should get their own rank for all the hours and work they have put into this community to make it a better place.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Only 3 months? Same perks as platinum? You really want VIP, don't you.
A map maker works on a map for around 48 hours all together max and gets VIP. Three months as a moderator is probably 75 hours of work and I am proposing a friend rank with less perks than VIP... Please look at the big picture.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Title says it all. If yes, why? If no, why?
No. It was just another rank that was not really needed. Platinum is good enough for the resigned moderators. Plus, platinum is better than friend for a few reasons, one being more votes than a friend actually had.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
A map maker works on a map for around 48 hours all together max and gets VIP. Three months as a moderator is probably 75 hours of work and I am proposing a friend rank with less perks than VIP... Please look at the big picture.
Lets suppose you moderate for 4 hours a day. that would be 28 hours a week and 112/140 hours per month. Now, moderating is basically just writing. You reply on the forums, learn the rules, and report players. Though, when you think of it, 4 hours go by so fast. By just playing 8 MCSG games, there goes 4 hours, if each of those 8 were 30 minutes each, of course. If you only played Solar Frost and we said each game lasted for 5 minutes, you could play 48 games in 4 hours. Now, if we combine the play-time with the forums, there goes your 4 hours.

Really, whether you put the time each of these actions take, map making and moderating can't really be compared.

Reaction score
Platinum is good enough for the resigned moderators.
I disagree with this, because everyday you see people with plat and don't know why. In the sense that did they buy it, get it by resigning, et cetera. The friend rank distinguishes that, Hey! I worked as mod and resigned. Its like a "a rank for a tribute to the resigned person. But when you have plat, nowadays, its just another rank.

Plus, platinum is better than friend for a few reasons, one being more votes than a friend actually had.
True, it had 1 more vote, but take this into consideration. Does just ONE vote matter. Maybe it can make a difference when voting but still. And another thing is, the rank system that MCSG uses (Buycraft and I think PermissionsEx <--Not sure), its not like the things they applied cannot be changed ever. They can make it to that Friend has more votes than Plat. Its really simple.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Lets suppose you moderate for 4 hours a day. that would be 28 hours a week and 112/140 hours per month. Now, moderating is basically just writing. You reply on the forums, learn the rules, and report players. Though, when you think of it, 4 hours go by so fast. By just playing 8 MCSG games, there goes 4 hours, if each of those 8 were 30 minutes each, of course. If you only played Solar Frost and we said each game lasted for 5 minutes, you could play 48 games in 4 hours. Now, if we combine the play-time with the forums, there goes your 4 hours.

Really, whether you put the time each of these actions take, map making and moderating can't really be compared.
lol you're puttin math and such into this map making is just entering in commands + picking blocks and placing them

Scott

District 13
Reaction score

Moderators do a ton more than just type. Recording hackers, our main task, requires little typing. Additionally, moderating TS takes more than just writing.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, I do want friend rank back as recognition for ex-staff, but it shouldn't be dependent on only length of service. It would have to be decided based on a number of factors, such as the Moderator's activity, ban count, and overall behavior. As long as you enforced strict guidelines on how to acquire it, it would be unlikely for problems to arise.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'd like to see it back under a few simple and more controllable conditions. In the past, friend rank was given to friends of Sr. Staff, these mostly consisted of ex-moderators (or mod's alt accounts) who showed solid qualities of their moderator duties, and were staff members for a solid amount of time (5 months at the least in most cases). This rank had access to staff areas, and was held in a high position. Friend ranks had a lot of influence. Some people abused said power of their friend rank. That, the fact that the distribution and control of it was rather disorganized, on top of the fact that Chad never approved it anyway led to its removal.

If we were to set more strict requirements for the friend rank, I think things would work out just fine.

examples include..
For ex-staff:
- Hold a staff position for a certain amount of time (say somewhere between 6 to 9 months)
- Be on good terms with the Sr. Staff and administration upon your resignation.
- Have made a significant impact and influence on the community
- Performed your duties as a moderator well (including the way you treated others, and the amount of moderator actions you made)

For other cases:
- Be close friends with the majority of the administration and Sr. Staff
- Be on good standing with the rules and regulations of MCGamer
- Be a respectable, active, supporive, and influential member of the community
- Be mature and responsible with the rank

It is a known fact (or opinion .-.) that a true mod does more work than a mere builder.
This may be true. Moderators spend hundreds, even thousands of hours on their job, while overall builders may spend 20-50 on one map. However our maps are held to incredibly high standards, which is why we give VIP to the creators of these. The builders of these maps would have had to be very skilled in their trade, including things like project management, the aspects of building, and presenting their map in a formal way.

If you think about it statistically, yes it is slightly lopsided that map makers get VIP while moderators get our second highest donor rank, however it's better to have something compared to just going back to being a greenbean c: (unless you previously had a lifetime donor rank :p)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I'd like to see it back under a few simple and more controllable conditions. In the past, friend rank was given to friends of Sr. Staff, these mostly consisted of ex-moderators (or mod's alt accounts) who showed solid qualities of their moderator duties, and were staff members for a solid amount of time (5 months at the least in most cases). This rank had access to staff areas, and was held in a high position. Friend ranks had a lot of influence. Some people abused said power of their friend rank. That, the fact that the distribution and control of it was rather disorganized, on top of the fact that Chad never approved it anyway led to its removal.

If we were to set more strict requirements for the friend rank, I think things would work out just fine.

examples include..
For ex-staff:
- Hold a staff position for a certain amount of time (say somewhere between 6 to 9 months)
- Be on good terms with the Sr. Staff and administration upon your resignation.
- Have made a significant impact and influence on the community
- Performed your duties as a moderator well (including the way you treated others, and the amount of moderator actions you made)

For other cases:
- Be close friends with the majority of the administration and Sr. Staff
- Be on good standing with the rules and regulations of MCGamer
- Be a respectable, active, supporive, and influential member of the community
- Be mature and responsible with the rank

This may be true. Moderators spend hundreds, even thousands of hours on their job, while overall builders may spend 20-50 on one map. However our maps are held to incredibly high standards, which is why we give VIP to the creators of these. The builders of these maps would have had to be very skilled in their trade, including things like project management, the aspects of building, and presenting their map in a formal way.

If you think about it statistically, yes it is slightly lopsided that map makers get VIP while moderators get our second highest donor rank, however it's better to have something compared to just going back to being a greenbean c: (unless you previously had a lifetime donor rank :p)
Not even all moderators get the second highest donor. Even if you did your job.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I just want friend rank back just because I find as a good reward for a moderator's service ^_^ Also would like it how Scott explained it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci