• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't let it consume your life.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I agreed with the majority of what you said, with the exception of love. You will never be me, for example. So you will never be able to tell me that I do not truly love someone, because love is something different to everyone.
Ye you do have a fair argument there, but the facts are there. People mistake love for really liking someone, or what I see a lot of younger people doing now is just saying it out in the open. For example I recently saw someone on Twitter who was going out with someone for no longer than a week and they were like " Your the love of my life bby xxxxxxxxxx" .... Get a grip of your self please.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Ye you do have a fair argument there, but the facts are there. People mistake love for really liking someone, or what I see a lot of younger people doing now is just saying it out in the open. For example I recently saw someone on Twitter who was going out with someone for no longer than a week and they were like " Your the love of my life bby xxxxxxxxxx" .... Get a F*** grip of your self please.
Yeah people say they love someone when they've only known them for a week to a month, love is something that comes over time, and if you do find true love. It's not as fragile as all these teenage relationships you see

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ye you do have a fair argument there, but the facts are there. People mistake love for really liking someone, or what I see a lot of younger people doing now is just saying it out in the open. For example I recently saw someone on Twitter who was going out with someone for no longer than a week and they were like " Your the love of my life bby xxxxxxxxxx" .... Get a F*** grip of your self please.
I don't see why you have a problem with that to be honest. In all honesty, it seems like you might just be jealous. If they're happy with the person that they're with, then let them be.

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First there is plenty of people who's day is like that.

And that Is not love what you are experiencing. My friend you have a lot to learn.
I don't know any, the fact you don't know any (or you didn't state). Makes your statement just an assumption.

Sorry to break it to you, but that is love http://puu.sh/d1cP1/ff86f3c3bd.png

Here is a small list of things I love
- Mom
- Dog
- Taylor Swift
- Hockey
- Dad
- Bodybuilding
- Phi
The list goes on....

Last edited:

LAPaxton

Diamond
Reaction score
You're telling people there playing it to much, when you have over 3 weeks played, just saying.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
You're telling people there playing it to much, when you have over 3 weeks played, just saying.
He's not saying they are playing too much, he is just warning not to play too much. Also he's been around mcsg for a while, so it's not like he played 3 weeks straight

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
I highly doubt that there is anyone in this community who's days consist of that. Do you have any examples? Sources?

Ryan_Ayden doesn't even goto to school so he could but he doesn't.

I don't really see this a problem. I live in Malaysia and most of my friends live in Singapore. Its hard to meet them.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I still manage to do all my homework, have a regular amount of meals and sleep, and go out multiple times a week including like jogs around the neighborhood

This is only half true, you can truly love someone online, but most people don't know what true love is. You know the person for a week an you say you love them? Pfft wrong. It takes months/years to develop solid true love. But I always suggest dating irl instead, the real world is more important then mcsg.
lol

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Sean, thank you for saying this! I used to spend my life on this game and found it was time for me to quit. I thought this game got me out of illegal things but I was wrong...that was total BS. After I got caught shoplifting I found myself playing this game so much it wasn't even funny... I almost made new friends... but I lost them... I always tell myself it was because I stole things and lost allot of self esteem maybe that was part of it? But... What I don't like to admit, it was because I played this game for hours on end. Now I chill with the few friends I have left and ask myself almost everyday if ill ever make more friends. Thanks for posting this Sean it was needed.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Totally agree with you on the online dating part of this- I think it's totally fine, and pretty cool to meet someone you really like online but I don't think that relationship can ever progress unless you're able to be together in real life.

As for the rest of the thread- I agree with that as well. I think being completely consumed with the 'internet' isn't the best choice to make, but I think part of our generation is the electronic communication. I think it goes to show for a lot of people here that they have learned social skills similar to that they could learn in real life from being in clans, talking to people on TeamSpeak's, all that jazz. I've learned graphic design skills here, I've greatly improved my writing through the forums, and my general 'professionalism' and things like that through being a staff member here.

I find it so frustrating when you look on comments of a popular gaming video, for example, and all you see is people incessantly commenting about how that person "needs to get a life".

The things you do on the internet are absolutely an extension of your real life, and if you can find success, happiness, friendship, whatever you're looking for on the internet, I don't think that should be looked down upon just because it's not in 'real-life'.

People who think they're superior because they "have a life" (pretty sure we all do) or "play sports" I find to be people who perpetuate the whole "people who play videogames have no life" 'stereotype'. Playing sports is a hobby, exactly like someone who enjoys playing video games in their spare time. Yes, sports are a more physical, healthy activity, but there's no reason you should think you're any better than someone doing essentially the same thing as you- an activity they enjoy- just because yours makes you think you're 'cool' and 'popular'. Having a sense of entitlement because you're on a sports team, or think you're any less involved with this game than someone is pretty ridiculous (this isn't directed towards you- just a general rant about stuff related to this subject :p)

I know that's not the point of this post, but that's just a general frustration of mine when it comes to this stuff :p

I also think it's a bit over-exaggerated when people assume that there are people who spend the entirety of their time online. I think it's safe to say the majority of this community has a healthy balance between what they do here, and what they do in real-life.

Personally, I get my fair share of social interaction, and activity at school. After school, I come home, and that's when I use the forums, do my job as a staff member, work on graphics, etc. It's a hobby, and I think the same can be said for most people.

My priorities, like many people's, are school, family, friends, and then just whatever hobbies I may have, which of course, include MCG.

School should always be a priority and one thing that frustrates me is people who just throw school to the wayside, whether it's for their online or real-life hobbies. School is incredibly important, and it should always be a number-one priority.

All in all, I do agree it's important to keep a balance of 'real-life' and 'online' but there are plenty of incredible opportunities online that I don't think should be looked down upon just because they aren't in 'real-life'.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Like I said. I'm doing bad in school, I'm not allowed to play Minecraft. At first, I was so upset. I was like "what am i gonna do now???" But that was actually for the best of me. Sure, I want to come on time to time. But now I can go out and hang with friends and make new friends! It's great! I'm having such a great time in life right now! (that last sentence sounded so cheesy lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci