• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't let it consume your life.

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Literally no joke, as you posted this the thunderstorm at my place had just stop. Is this a sign?! o_O

I can see what you're coming from Sean, once this game gets old and no one plays it's all over and we will be left with a void to fill. I also share your opinion on online relationships. I don't know how can someone can truly love a person when they've seen each other in person, it can be a rare case where they do end up together happily ever after, but most of the time it's just not going to work out. I'm really two sided on this subject :\

Andrew_LS

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that some people are very addicted to video games and such but as for time on screens and stuff, for this year in school, I have to do all my work on a iPad and read all my books on a iPad so I am on a screen more then 5+ hours a day from just school? I am actually writing this on my iPad. I can still get 10-15 games on any weekend day but on schooldays I have music, cross country, walking dogs, normal chores, homework and more so I don't play on weekdays. (Also I don't really want to as I am hooked on forza horizon 2) that's just my opinion.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Can't agree more. There's nothing wrong with talking to and playing with people you trust online (and I don't mean the guys you meet in chatrooms; that's just creepy), but once you're confessing 'love' to people online, you know you've lost touch with your sense of reality. Let's be real: MCSG isn't going to last forever. Any other games you play e.g: COD, League Of Legends, etc., will not last forever. Unless those people consistently migrate to the same games as you (assuming you're a person that is going to play games their whole life), you're probably going to lose contact with these people, with possibly the occassional talk. Almost all the contact you have with the people you've met on MCSG is going to be because of the actual gameplay - you have fun, you talk, you laugh, but that only happens because you have the common goal of playing MC. I'm not saying that you can't have strong friendships over MC; I'd say some of the ones I've made are stronger than ones I have in real-life, but unless you meet-up with them and continue to meet with them on a regular basis, they are going to end. What are you really going to be left with? No friends? What happens when your schooling goes to crap? Bad grades? A bad job? Even doing well in school does not matter at all if you don't have a social life to fall back on. There's more to this life than playing games. Go do something with some friends you have in real life, seriously man :) Go to the movies, swimming, maybe play some soccer together or just visit their house. I don't know, but spend some time with these people and enjoy it. If you really don't have any friends right now, my suggestion is to try and fix this as soon as possible. Most people that play this game are pretty young. You guys got plenty of years to make some good friends before mature 'groups' are made, ones in which approaching people is generally pretty hard because they're always together and know each other well. Even then, you can make something happen, but please do something with your social life before you finish high school :) The friends you make there are probably going to introduce you to more friends, ones that you'll also (probably) have for a really long time. Your clan on MC is only going to last so-long.

Last edited:

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
You think Minecraft is your ally? You merely bought it;I was born in it-molded by it. I didn't go outside until I was only 14. By that time it was nothing to me but a new dimension.

CreeperGoesPro

Diamond
Reaction score
Sean Thank you so much for making this thread. I just now realized what the heck I am doing and how this can help me in life. It's crazy how video games can really impact you're life so much, like swearing a lot more, having less friends or no friends, talking to random people online that you don't even know, there are many other things how video games can really impact you're life. Now that you have kinda saved my life and helped me to get back on the right path I was back in 6-7th grade, yes now I am a freshmen and time is kicking in. High school is the biggest change you will go through and you will need some friends to back you up, in highschool drugs will go all around and school shootings included. Since, have you ever asked you're self could their be a shooting at my school? Well, the truth for that question is you will never know when... People act dumb/stupid everyday, on top of that video games is exactly what i'm talking about it changes you're personality and makes you more violent? While I was done reading what sean had said, well it was well written and that helped me out figure out what is going on in my life now. EVERYBODY, has gone through somethings that is why they play video games to help them feel better.

On the other hand, can't thank enough for the best MCSG community and helping me out. But it's best choice is get the heck out of the gaming world and go outside and take things for granted. Once again, thanks guys <3

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Love is a word that is thrown around way to much. You can never really love some one unless you meet them.
Talking from experience, yes you can. As someone who has been in an "online relationship" for a year and a half now, I do know it's possible. I've felt exactly the same for my boyfriend the second I first met him irl. Sure, it is rare and it does take a lot to make it last but if you think you can do it, it really is worth a try.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Talking from experience, yes you can. As someone who has been in an "online relationship" for a year and a half now, I do know it's possible. I've felt exactly the same for my boyfriend the second I first met him irl. Sure, it is rare and it does take a lot to make it last but if you think you can do it, it really is worth a try.
Not trying to be an asshole, but I don't think you can really 'love' someone until they became a part of your daily life, and not just through a computer screen. The people I've met in Phoenix are way better friends to me than most people I know in real life. Not sure whether that's bad or not, but regardless, it's how I feel. Fact is, and to my disappoint, I'm probably only going to know these people for a few more years at most. Life goes on. Another thing is, I feel great about these people, but I have no clue how they'd treat me if I knew them in real life; we've stuck together and had a blast, but for all I know, my same friends could be some of the biggest assholes I may know irl. It's really sad to accept, but I think that's just the way it is. The only people I think I may possibly stay in contact with for ages are Phoenix members in Melbourne. One day you're probably going to meet someone who you like, and he's going to have the same feelings. It's times like these that you're forced to make a choice between someone you're with online and a person in the real world. People can be anyone over a computer screen, you need to know who they hang with and what they do in the real world do understand who they are. Without that, you can't 'love' them. I know who it is that you're talking about; what is it about this guy that makes you 'love' him? I can take it to a Skype PM if you think it's too personal, or we can just not go there. Whatever works for you. Also, I really do apologise if that hurts your feelings, but that's my opinion.

Quantriatos

Tribute
Reaction score
Sean Thank you so much for making this thread. I just now realized what the heck I am doing and how this can help me in life. It's crazy how video games can really impact you're life so much, like swearing a lot more, having less friends or no friends, talking to random people online that you don't even know, there are many other things how video games can really impact you're life. Now that you have kinda saved my life and helped me to get back on the right path I was back in 6-7th grade, yes now I am a freshmen and time is kicking in. High school is the biggest change you will go through and you will need some friends to back you up, in highschool drugs will go all around and school shootings included. Since, have you ever asked you're self could their be a shooting at my school? Well, the truth for that question is you will never know when... People act dumb/stupid everyday, on top of that video games is exactly what i'm talking about it changes you're personality and makes you more violent? While I was done reading what sean had said, well it was well written and that helped me out figure out what is going on in my life now. EVERYBODY, has gone through somethings that is why they play video games to help them feel better.

On the other hand, can't thank enough for the best MCSG community and helping me out. But it's best choice is get the heck out of the gaming world and go outside and take things for granted. Once again, thanks guys <3
I disagree with one of your last points. People, mostly, play video games for fun, and not because they are traumatised or depressed, or whatever. Some people do do it to get away from school, but that is not exactly having gone through something to make you feel better.

I only ever play MCSG with either irl friends, or solo. Friends are always better irl once you know each other well, and playing a few rounds of a video game with them isn't going to hurt. I, personally, have only played 20 games on MCSG (won 10), and played another 10 on some random server. This is in the course of around 3 weeks. I doubt that you can really call that overplay... I don't have a girlfriend at 14, but that is normal, not everyone starts dating this early on in their life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci