• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't let it consume your life.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
The thread does indeed strike a demonstration of controversy, and both sides, each consisting the points of clash. And through reading the thread and taking consideration for quite some time towards what you have stated, I would agree with you. It is indeed true, and towards my opinion, there must be no denial towards it. Today's youth and trends of society is contemplated towards the use of technology to the extent of which is considered a habit, or in various cases, and addiction. And as the old times of society wishes to leave a better world for the children, and wish to encourage them to succeed, seems as if our hopes will be considerably low for us to triumph.

However, as arrogant of me as it may sound, and through my sincerest apologies, (please do not take it personally) I beg to differ. It may be perplexing for me to decide such choice, yet again, it is easily expected from a child who is part of the youth and is still currently at a premature age. I decide that our youth is not as terrible as it may seem. Although my conclusion is quite peculiar; I must confess, the majority of people, young or old, spends far too much time on their devices rather than being productive with the life they have been given, which of course, includes me. But as I have stated, they are a majority, Furthermore, there is always a minority. As one of our administrators have stated before, CAmadeusA has mentioned how funny it is that the minority can be the loudest.

Taking the statement to context, he is absolutely correct for it. Regardless of the minority, they are the ones who are indeed the loudest, the ones who would stop at nothing to achieving what they have been aiming for. Which used as an analogy, the same would go with the minority of the youth, the children who do indeed focus on success. The minority had not been mentioned, but nor has it been clearly mentioned of society today.
But reading this absolutely incredible thread; I can infer it already as a book, and can clearly show the frustration on how today's society has evolved to people who would most prefer looking at the screen a huge majority of their lifetimes.

Let us consider our educational system, too. Despite what kind of educational system it may be, ranging from international to all specifics, or private, to public; they often consist of high standards, in a manner, it could simply be, you obtain high grades, or you don't. It is of course, encouraged for people to prove their dedication for knowledge and success by simply working hard in school. But when realistically observing among the statistics, high, and opportunity filled schools and universities, maybe like Cambridge or Princeton university; they usually seem like a competition to whom is more deserving than the other.
I have witnessed various, extremely deserving individuals being declined from their chosen universities. And after looking upon the statistics of acceptance rates, some can be one person chosen over hundreds of other people who are just as deserving as they are.

Success is difficult to obtain, naturally, it is supposed to be. But from what I have seen with my reality, opportunity, success is far more difficult when others oppress you.
This leads me to oppression, imagine being treated unfairly throughout your lifetime, harassed, abused, damaged. The psychological pain some people may endure throughout their lives, especially in areas like school.
It can easily lead to depression, the begging for hope, the begging for someone out in the world to care. The ones fortunate to comprehend the absolute greatness of size of our Earth, and how many people reside within it, would of course, turn towards online communication. Because there could potentially be more friendlier communities, more acceptance of others, instead of hate, there is love.
From personal experiences, it can prove that there is the possibility of meeting other people towards accepting others on the internet. Which easily proves how incredible the MCGamer community is. This could also be a reason towards why there are quite a good amount of people here, to meet more accepting individuals within the community, to form friendships that were never to be destined without the internet.

Bringing more depth towards the success of people within being online most of the time..
I would indeed agree with you, we achieve next to nothing, we do not gain much from spending our time within a computer screen. But that was the extent towards the agreement. I do not agree with the internet supposedly "Destroying valuable social skills that you need to get you through life".
I can assure that it does not do so, but from perspective, it helps with communication and social skill, depending on the circumstances. Consider the MCGamer Teamspeak, I would think that those who even use the application for the first time for communication would of course, feel quite shy, lacking confidence towards speaking. This situation had included me.
I unfortunately do not see how it must always destroy the social skills of an individual, this sort of situation would lead towards any sort of conclusion and effect. It could either lead to having one simply going on the computer or any sort of electronic device to which they do not use any sort of communication at all, as well as developing an addiction, which leads them towards anti-social behaviour. Yet again there are people who wish to communicate with others through the internet.
The moderator application functions in a way as if it were a real job, it even provides a full interview for what your potential is towards getting accepted. That also develops speaking skills.

Continuing on towards social standards being lowered towards the internet, we may never know who is behind the screen. I do go on the screen for large sums of time, and it is obviously not good for my growth and development, but I do not see how it will affect my social speaking skills, as a little known fact, I have taken up debating, and am in quite a prestigious team as well. Despite the amount of time I go on my computer, my ability to speak with confidence had not lowered.
And as I have previously mentioned, we do not know who could be behind the screen. Our amount of time on the computer should not necessarily determine our social status. Our choices, and what we say in real life, or in the internet determines on who we are and what our potential is.

Now regarding about online relationships, I unfortunately do not know much about online relationships with strangers, and I would agree with you on how peculiar it can be to even getting a relationship online, which is also a risk. But yet again, it is entirely up to them, their choice on what they do on the internet, however, I do see things like that quite rarely, however I do not see what should be an issue among others if it is a relationship between them. I would believe that they may continue at their own risk, but I do not think it would be worth our time to talk them out for something that should not necessarily matter. It is indeed true, that the word "love" is misinterpreted among society, as if it is something that is alright to break and shatter.
But out there in the world, there are people who do love. Who do wish to grow old and eat a lot of pie together until they die together. There are people out there in the world who wish to go to the fullest extent of their capabilities, just for the one they love. I do not see why it is worth looking upon those who treat love as a joke, let them speak of it as they wish. But in the end, it is you who decides your own fate, not them.

Taking to account towards the last point of the youth not willing to be active within their lives, which also includes your cousins not willing to play football with you, I do understand how unpleasant it can be towards the realization that children are willing towards using their devices rather than having family bonding. It has happened to me in various occasions, but at the same time, I was the individual who chose to stay on their computer.
From viewing both sides of the situation, I would believe that we should encourage people to play a game with us, possibly being hide and seek, or even chess.
When it comes to the responsibility of parenthood, they must understand what they provide their children and how they are influencing them. The youth of society should not be blamed due to the influence of what others have taught us. If people let the children watch T.V or go on a screen most of the time, simply viewing advertisements or shows or films that encourage the youthful mind that life is like Hollywood, is most definitely result on their habits and sometimes, their personality in the future.

To my conclusion, people are usually asking for us to leave a better world for the children, but what we have not realized is that we must leave better children to the world. The choices, and influence of adults will result in what the children do in the future. We should encourage them to be more active, to influence them for the better.
Also, the era of technology is something worth looking upon when it comes down towards my opinion, this being due to how many uses, how much it will help us in the future, like rocket ships carrying people to mars, or even new hover-boards. Technology is indeed a great aspect of human knowledge, because it provides us the development of the future. But the attitude of the future will entirely depend on the attitude and influence of the past.
I cannot emphasize my appreciation for this post enough.

Reaction score
You are right don't let gaming consume your life. It ruins your chances of getting girls or socializing. It also ruins your eyes that has a big effect in real life. When you grow up you will regret playing games and seeing a beautiful girl that was in your class and said all you had to do is ask while you were playing games and dating online. Online dating never makes sense as you might never see your girlfriend or it might be a fraud. Never let games consume your life spend that time playing sports, hanging out with family. For me I only really play 10 games in a week, only 50 minutes because I suck at the game. I play cricket on Saturday my parents are home on Sunday I hang out with them, I never want to be in a dating online, I actually want to see the girl. I see people going to the school liabary at lunch and playing on their iPads. Girls don't like nerds that play games 24/7 even if they have good personality (that may not be true 10% of the times. People that play games rarely are not nerds. (No offense if you do). That's all I am going to say.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
You are right don't let gaming consume your life. It ruins your chances of getting girls or socializing. It also ruins your eyes that has a big effect in real life. When you grow up you will regret playing games and seeing a beautiful girl that was in your class and said all you had to do is ask while you were playing games and dating online. Online dating never makes sense as you might never see your girlfriend or it might be a fraud. Never let games consume your life spend that time playing sports, hanging out with family. For me I only really play 10 games in a week, only 50 minutes because I suck at the game. I play cricket on Saturday my parents are home on Sunday I hang out with them, I never want to be in a dating online, I actually want to see the girl. I see people going to the school liabary at lunch and playing on their iPads. Girls don't like nerds that play games 24/7 even if they have good personality (that may not be true 10% of the times. People that play games rarely are not nerds. (No offense if you do). That's all I am going to say.
nerds are the smart ones in life, who in 20 years are going to be your boss.

Rexmanx

Platinum
Reaction score
If a girl doesent like you because you like palying games she's not the right one xD

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Miner9823 Mooclan Amen to your posts. Each day when I turn to the forums as a simple distraction from my everyday unusual life I find myself indulging in your posts and really finding some insight into my own life. Thank you both!

As for the topics at hand allow me to elaborate further~

Let's talk Internet, shall we? I have yet to complete a full "MCSG Story" but when the time finally comes for me to pick up myself and move on from this community some things I have hidden will become apparent in my words. However, in order to prove my points here I will uncover some secrets I have not let out of the darkness until now.

Considering what my IRL friends would say about my personality now- I would say that I have done an exceptional job hiding the scars of my past by finding things that make me happy. As a child my parents liked to pick up the household and move us from place to place... Each time I would loose my friends and the general routine of how my life went on each day... As a kid this was a challenge. While I was quite young this didn't effect me much but as I came into my teenage years each move pushed me closer to the edge... I dealt with different levels of depression multiple times with each move to a new life slowing strangling my emotions more and more. That is when, nearly two years ago I discovered MCSG. My younger cousins were playing Minecraft and I saw it one day- the game immediately enticed me to play- continue and excell.

I won't get all specific with details as it is not necessary to prove my points; but as I became more active in the community and discovered all the things the staff team had to offer me- the intenet became my escape as I would assume it has for many others as well. A month after I discovered the game and had gotten Skype for the first time to begin communicating with some new people- my parents dropped the bomb again... My tenth move... Here we go again. But this time it was different- I didnt fall into a depression state where I sat home all day alone listening to dark music to keep in tune with what I was dealing with inside which was a common occasion in the past. Instead I found myself moving into the MCSG community further and further- the point is... I will go as far as to say that by taking what many people will call "a ridiculous amount of time" and investing it into the Internet.. This MCGamer community saved my life. Yes, I mean this very literally. My life has not always been a ray of sunshine as many people would assume it to be.

Do I spend too much time on the Internet?

Many people would say that I do. But this is a place that I can truly be myself. No matter where I go in this world there is always a peice of myself I never have to let go of. It is the peice of myself that I have invested into the Internet; into this community. The people here are my second home- the friends I have made here I would go as far as to say that they are considered family in my book.

So how do I feel about people putting their lives and efforts into an Internet environment?

I say do whatever makes you happy. You only get one life and you should love how you live it.

As for online dating... I bet you can guess how I feel about that by my previous statements... To reiterate if it is 100% necessary...

Do whatever makes you happy. You only get one life and you should love how you live it.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
I have to say that during a good portion of my time here, I was a major, MAJOR no-lifer on here. (Mainly during 2012-2013) I played far too much and I basically neglected the real world, my studies and my friends. I've been trying my best to balance out my time here because I don't want to end up addicted again.

In spite of this I don't find being part of this community a waste of time, this place has helped me grow from an immature troublemaking pre-teen/teenager to a developed and normal human being. (I might try to be funny, but that's part of personality.) So, I guess you could say that in spite of my addiction, I became a more mature person.

...and well freaking said Lemonz87

Last edited:

GESM25

Diamond
Reaction score
100% agree, which is why I don't like tryhards who no-life the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci