• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't let it consume your life.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
u kinda played more games than the majority of people...
That's the point he's trying to make, he obviously sees that he has spent too much time on the game and wants to inform everyone else to not do the same, although my opinion on the matter is it is completely fine as long as you have balance .

J

Jojo

See that big yellow thing in the sky? It's nice isn't it? To bad the majority of you guys don't get to enjoy it enough...

This is going to be a bit of a rant about addiction to gaming/ online life. The reasoning behind this... Well this morning my 9 and 10 year old cousins called to my house.
I thought ohh this will be nice I'll mess around and play some football with them. I come down stairs... One is on his tablet... The other on a laptop... Seriously!!!

Now I am bit older than the majority of people here but when I was that age it would be rare for me to be inside.

Okay so with that covered lets talk about you guys. I am certain that a lot of your days consist of school eat MCSG and bed. Now if that is you... Take a reality check. What are you accomplishing by spending hours sat in front of a computer... Nothing but destroying valuable social skills that you will need to get you through life.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with playing video games. But in moderation.
Just think about it, if you spend to much time on this game what will you do when you its all over? You will have no friends. You will be lonely. You will have achieved nothing. Is that the way you want to live?

Now for something a bit controversial but something that annoys me. Online relationships...
Unless you can see the person IRL Fairly regularly then just stop. Go outside and get a real girlfriend/ boy friend. It's actually frightening that today's youth would rather get an online girlfriend than go outside into the real world and actually find someone you like. After all what are you going to do have a wedding over Skype?
Haha I used your headline in my English exams conclusion today :D
Forgot to quote you, tho :///

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh Gosh, this one is always a toss up with me.

Having a girlfriend/Boyfriend (Bf and GF in this post later on) IRL is great, you can actually see them and talk face to face, the feeling is a lot better. Having a GF and BF online, is a little less great. Sure you can like them a lot, but you cannot actually love a person until you truly know who they are. IMO.

What i do is, if you date on the internet Idc, if you date IRL idc. It's just a matter on if you like it, it's fine.

Last edited:

GhostOfQualia

Experienced
Reaction score
nerds are the smart ones in life, who in 20 years are going to be your boss.
Not necessarily. People who go out and play sports are generally motivated and dedicated for the long run. You speak like being someone's boss means you're further along than them whereas in reality people tend to focus more on goals that make them happy, using money as a mean to get there (more and more as time moves on).

On top of that, nerds aren't the only smart people in real life....contrary to your belief. I don't even need to support this one.

Oh Gosh, this one is always a toss up with me.

Having a girlfriend/Boyfriend (Bf and GF in this post later on) IRL is great, you can actually see them and talk face to face, the feeling is a lot better. Having a GF and BF online, is a little less great. Sure you can like them a lot, but you cannot actually love a person until you truly know who they are.

What i do is, if you date on the internet Idc, if you date IRL idc. It's just a matter on if you like it, it's fine.
You're sending the message that you believe your opinion is objective - it's not, it's an opinion. Who are you to speak for someone you don't know and say that they don't 'love' their internet partner, they just 'like them a lot'?

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Honestly I am pretty social irl but I am not the most social person when it comes to online(I kind of have no online friends ;-; )

CodSoGood

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes. Go out and play in the sun. When I was 7-8 I used to play cricket with grade 7ers, I used to loose. But it was fun.
Anyway a stupid idiot would be in a online relationship.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
The online thing is over done, like online should only be done if you truly love the person and have know them for 6+ months, but if you just think someone is hot or a little nice or something and that's why you date them? That's pretty pathetic. I know this from experience. It's a waste of time, play minecraft or any other game, have friends while you do so, but keep it at that. There is a real world to get out and explore, stop making a fake little convenient one on here.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Not necessarily. People who go out and play sports are generally motivated and dedicated for the long run. You speak like being someone's boss means you're further along than them whereas in reality people tend to focus more on goals that make them happy, using money as a mean to get there (more and more as time moves on).

On top of that, nerds aren't the only smart people in real life....contrary to your belief. I don't even need to support this one.

You're sending the message that you believe your opinion is objective - it's not, it's an opinion. Who are you to speak for someone you don't know and say that they don't 'love' their internet partner, they just 'like them a lot'?
Im not sending any message saying my opinions is right and all else is wrong, the beginning of the post i said "Oh Gosh, this is always a toss-up with me" This is me saying that either way works. Im not being forceful or in anyway did i say that i was right, you're perspective was different then mine, and i respect that.
*Edit* Your right, i left off the IMO. Sorry,

And to add on to your Nerds post.

Your right, Not always will a nerd be my boss or yours, me and some kids on my school basketball team are very smart (3.4 GPA), im not saying we will own a company and be a boss, but we aren't nerds either.

Last edited:

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Adding to this, being smart doesn't mean you're a nerd, and vice-versa.
A 'nerd' is defined as being "a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious", meaning that a 'nerd' can be a gullible or unwise type of person, which again shows how a nerd isn't necessarily intelligent in general. The second option, listed as being "boringly studious", shows that a nerd can be a person who takes school is an almost dreary kind of seriousness, however that also does not necessarily mean they are intelligent as I have met plenty of people who were overly serious with school and were still kind of a bit dim in general.
Sometimes stereotypes aren't really the way to go ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci