• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Dystopian/futuristic City...

Do you like the map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Yes lots of world edit for general shapes especially circles. Detail will be done by hand...

I can see why you would be worried about it's similarities to Icarus. But I when it is done it should be quite different...
Stop putting ellipses...

UnderSeaGirl

Diamond
Reaction score
It looks kinda really plain and too white and as people said before, there is a lot of world edit, which makes it look even more plain :s
Concerning the corn, are there 2 ways of getting out of corn? For the middle, maybe have a spiral kinda thing going up, instead of the stairs on the side, because the stairs can be very annoying (Icarus + hard to get away from spawn)

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
It looks kinda really plain and too white and as people said before, there is a lot of world edit, which makes it look even more plain :s
Concerning the corn, are there 2 ways of getting out of corn? For the middle, maybe have a spiral kinda thing going up, instead of the stairs on the side, because the stairs can be very annoying (Icarus + hard to get away from spawn)
Like I said before it is plain ATM... The reason being is right now I am just doing general shapes and such... Later I will do detail... Right now there is in fact only one way out of corn (if you include the stairs 2 but right now they don't lead to an exit...) later there will be more exits......

PS: one of the main reasons I posted this so early in the build phase was to get ideas for names... Anybody got anything???

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well from the extremely limited gallery of screenshots, it looks a lot like Red Forest's Fallen Haven, and aspects from both Icarus and TSG3. I can see that you're trying to build a more dystopia kind of map, so I'm interested to see how it will turn out. I'm just worried that there's not going to be much detail, since there isn't much you can really do with iron blocks :/

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
Well from the extremely limited gallery of screenshots, it looks a lot like Red Forest's Fallen Haven, and aspects from both Icarus and TSG3. I can see that you're trying to build a more dystopia kind of map, so I'm interested to see how it will turn out. I'm just worried that there's not going to be much detail, since there isn't much you can really do with iron blocks :/
First of all i am sorry there are so few screenshots... soon hopefully there will be more... As far as its similarities to other maps goes it will obviously have it's own layout and such but the build style/general feel should be similar to TSG3, Avaricia, Icarus Moon base 9 and mortal skies... true there is not much you can do with just iron blocks but there will be more :)... i plan on using the subtle contrast between quartz and iron as well as cyan stained clay, coal blocks, stone bricks and clay...

PS: also stone slabs and double stone slabs

K

KiDD

Looks nice, although it also looks a bit like TSG3. Maybe it's just me, but still, nice map!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci