• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Dystopian/futuristic City...

Do you like the map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
OK GUYS I NEED HELP. At the moment i have the edge of the map just dropping into the void. I need an idea for the border. As it is i am thinking of a "Fence" with a mountain range on the far side. But there are problems with that. the biggest being this: I have almost finished the airship and i have imported it into the main world, right now i have it overlapping the edge of the map (part of it is over the void) and people on it would be able to see over the mountains. Now i can't move the ship all the way into the map because it would end up inside some of the "Skyscrapers". ANY IDEAS

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
OK GUYS I NEED HELP. At the moment i have the edge of the map just dropping into the void. I need an idea for the border. As it is i am thinking of a "Fence" with a mountain range on the far side. But there are problems with that. the biggest being this: I have almost finished the airship and i have imported it into the main world, right now i have it overlapping the edge of the map (part of it is over the void) and people on it would be able to see over the mountains. Now i can't move the ship all the way into the map because it would end up inside some of the "Skyscrapers". ANY IDEAS
SOLVED: The previously mentioned problem has been solved... I think... My plan is to remove the current airship reason being it is too big (200 blocks long in a 400 block wide map). Yes i am sad to be giving up on it but it is way to big and is causing more problems than anything else. In it's place i will be building a considerably smaller "Command ship". The old aircraft carrier will be kept in the test world for later use (not on this map).

PS: still need ideas for names ;)

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
Please guys i need names... i am close to just calling it QWERTYUIOP... no JK but i do need names

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The builds are lookin nice but there is one thing I cannot stress enough.
Block Variation
Where is it? All I see is quartz, iron, and a few other different type of blocks here and there. Use some wool or clay that would make it still look futuristic such as when TSG3 made everything futuristic-looking with cyan wool.

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
The builds are lookin nice but there is one thing I cannot stress enough.
Block Variation
Where is it? All I see is quartz, iron, and a few other different type of blocks here and there. Use some wool or clay that would make it still look futuristic such as when TSG3 made everything futuristic-looking with cyan wool.
Ok i am not sure i know what you are saying. In my mind there are two meanings for "Block Variation".

1. The use of multiple blocks. using many different blocks in different areas to create diversity.
  2. The use of a "Scatter Brush". For instance using flecks of cobble in a landscape of stone for texture.
I will be using #1 as much as i can in this build (while keeping the general feel). I will be using mush less of #2. A large portion of the city is going to be "pristine" (without the "textured" feel). With this said i plan on making part of the city "destroyed" with broken buildings and ravaged landscape, this will lend itself greatly to block variation #2.

BiscuitCrisp

Survivor
Reaction score
You need to know the theme you are building for your sg map and then just get into the theme of the map start building and just get some ideas on what it looks like what you can make it look like and see what you can do to make this map much more better such as : colour, detail and buildings. What it looks like to me is a futuristic military base with the ship so you could do something like that with a name maybe like "Commando's Wrath" just names like that can fit to the theme will make the map more nicer with a nice catchy name to go with it.

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
You need to know the theme you are building for your sg map and then just get into the theme of the map start building and just get some ideas on what it looks like what you can make it look like and see what you can do to make this map much more better such as : colour, detail and buildings. What it looks like to me is a futuristic military base with the ship so you could do something like that with a name maybe like "Commando's Wrath" just names like that can fit to the theme will make the map more nicer with a nice catchy name to go with it.
Thanks, most likely i will not use that name exactly (I think you are seeing the map slightly more militaristic than it is, although other than that spot on.) but i do see what you are saying and you methods for developing a name..... THANKS!!!

BiscuitCrisp

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks, most likely i will not use that name exactly (I think you are seeing the map slightly more militaristic than it is, although other than that spot on.) but i do see what you are saying and you methods for developing a name..... THANKS!!!
No problem!

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ok i am not sure i know what you are saying. In my mind there are two meanings for "Block Variation".

1. The use of multiple blocks. using many different blocks in different areas to create diversity.
  2. The use of a "Scatter Brush". For instance using flecks of cobble in a landscape of stone for texture.
I will be using #1 as much as i can in this build (while keeping the general feel). I will be using mush less of #2. A large portion of the city is going to be "pristine" (without the "textured" feel). With this said i plan on making part of the city "destroyed" with broken buildings and ravaged landscape, this will lend itself greatly to block variation #2.

Please look at this picture and tell me that a lot of different blocks are used. Unless this is changed by now, then this would be very bland.

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score

Please look at this picture and tell me that a lot of different blocks are used. Unless this is changed by now, then this would be very bland.
Yes I know... And no it hasn't changed much (yet). I have said this many times already, right now I am in the first stages of building. I am going through the entire map and building general shapes and stuff. Later I will go back through and do detailing. There will be plenty of variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci