• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Evading Punishment Policy Change (or, "Evading a ban = an even bigger ban.")

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
How do you even prove that someone is bypassing a ban? .-.

Avaline

Platinum
Reaction score
You can force a horse to the lake, but you can't force it to drink.

I like the idea, but due to how easy it is to get a new account and the evidence it will require to prove, that it is actually the same person, I don't think it would keep people from using alts to avoid bans.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested sooooo many times, it's odd how all of these old suggestions made by members months ago are just now getting discussed.

Another point to bring up, will the staff even NOTIFY you if they think you are bypassing, or will you just get banned on both accounts?

Note to Col_StaR , please edit the rules, to prevent any arguing between staff and user.
You can force a horse to the lake, but you can't force it to drink.

I like the idea, but due to how easy it is to get a new account and the evidence it will require to prove, that it is actually the same person, I don't think it would keep people from using alts to avoid bans.
i thought u said u can force a house to the lake, i was like wtf.

Ahhh. I don't always like change, but when I do, it has to do with punishments on MCGamer >: D
u must be opposed to 1.8 :p gotcha

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How do you even prove that someone is bypassing a ban? .-.
IP checks and other simple investigations can prove that somebody is ban evading rather easily.
What if the alt account that is banned or used to evade a ban is a shared alt account?
Well seeing as sharing accounts in the first place is against the rules, we can see you run into issues quickly. The bans that occur to an account are for what the account does. If you share your account with somebody and they get it banned, it's your fault for giving them your account in the first place.
This has been suggested sooooo many times, it's odd how all of these old suggestions made by members months ago are just now getting discussed.

Another point to bring up, will the staff even NOTIFY you if they think you are bypassing, or will you just get banned on both accounts?

Note to Col_StaR , please edit the rules, to prevent any arguing between staff and user.

i thought u said u can force a house to the lake, i was like wtf.

u must be opposed to 1.8 :p gotcha
We are starting to get around to all of the suggestions that have compiled over the times due to the fact that we have a sliver more of free time as a result of the less hackers, and the fact that the initial 1.8 craziness is over. Regarding your second point, what would be the point of notifying you if they think you're bypassing? You either are or you aren't and this can be proven.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci