• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Evading Punishment Policy Change (or, "Evading a ban = an even bigger ban.")

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Of course we're strict when it comes to rule-breakers; not being strict with them would only encourage them to break more rules, and for others to do the same.
Well it wasn't as strict in the past is what I was saying :p. That was something I thought needed changed way back when I was a mod. I suggested it a few times. I am happy with these changes and the no tolerance hacker change we had not too long ago. Both I think were great steps forward :).

So long as you aren't breaking any rules, or using any alts to evade punishment for your breaking of rules, you'll be fine. Right, Reven?
Well I have never been banned(except the one time I successfully disputed), so yes, i'd say you're 100% right :D.

GoudAlmighty

Platinum
Reaction score
Generally the people evading bans are the ones who are already permanently banned. So do they get like the death penalty or something?

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Generally the people evading bans are the ones who are already permanently banned. So do they get like the death penalty or something?
They'd just receive a permanent ban on the account they're evading on.
A permanent ban is the highest level of punishment able to be given to someone. You can't argue that there's a more absolute way of denying someone access to our network (well, an IP ban would do the trick, but they're easy enough to circumvent and are usually reserved for more serious matters).

EtherealEU

Survivor
Reaction score
Isn't it like, kinda really easy to evade any perma? Buy a new account, play some smaller servers, start playing mcgamer, join a clan and don't reveal your disguise...
You might say IP ban people, yet people's IP's change all the time.
There is no real solution to this problem.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
If this were to happen, I think reporting a user's alt account should require less proof, because at the moment you pretty much need them to blatantly admit to being another player. It seems as though the Sr. Staff try to push away users requesting IP checks, I'm not sure why it is but it does seem like it.

Avaline

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested sooooo many times, it's odd how all of these old suggestions made by members months ago are just now getting discussed.

Another point to bring up, will the staff even NOTIFY you if they think you are bypassing, or will you just get banned on both accounts?

Note to Col_StaR , please edit the rules, to prevent any arguing between staff and user.

i thought u said u can force a house to the lake, i was like wtf.

u must be opposed to 1.8 :p gotcha
It's ans experience :p What I mean with it is, that you make the rules harder, but you can't stop people from doing what they want, even though there can be consequences c:

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
IP checks and other simple investigations can prove that somebody is ban evading rather easily.

Well seeing as sharing accounts in the first place is against the rules, we can see you run into issues quickly. The bans that occur to an account are for what the account does. If you share your account with somebody and they get it banned, it's your fault for giving them your account in the first place.

We are starting to get around to all of the suggestions that have compiled over the times due to the fact that we have a sliver more of free time as a result of the less hackers, and the fact that the initial 1.8 craziness is over. Regarding your second point, what would be the point of notifying you if they think you're bypassing? You either are or you aren't and this can be proven.
The whole issue of shared accounts, if your ip was associated with the account, will someone who gets banned on their normal account, bypasses it on their shared account, will the other people who use the account be notified of the account being banned and such.

Or say someone used to use account "Dog" and they sold it to account "Cat". The seller has another account named "Wolf" so if the "Wolf" account gets banned, will the "Cat" person be notified about the account "Dog", since both ip's of "Wolf" and "Cat" are on account "Dog"

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The whole issue of shared accounts, if your ip was associated with the account, will someone who gets banned on their normal account, bypasses it on their shared account, will the other people who use the account be notified of the account being banned and such.

Or say someone used to use account "Dog" and they sold it to account "Cat". The seller has another account named "Wolf" so if the "Wolf" account gets banned, will the "Cat" person be notified about the account "Dog", since both ip's of "Wolf" and "Cat" are on account "Dog"
Ahh, that makes more sense now :p

I think that would be, then in that case, a good idea. It gives somebody a heads-up so that they can compile evidence to prove that they aren't Wolf, who was banned :p

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Ahh, that makes more sense now :p

I think that would be, then in that case, a good idea. It gives somebody a heads-up so that they can compile evidence to prove that they aren't Wolf, who was banned :p
Good, since it has happened to a friend of mine, and he wasn't warned, so when I see this, I thought they can get REALLY bad if the people aren't warned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci