• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Faction Survival Closing Announcement

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
I need help on one thing in the hunger games so i am asking u and it is i do not know if i can craft in hunger games so can u or anybody?
You can craft, either with the 2 by 2 grid in your inventory or by finding a crafting table in the map.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
I myself have never played MCGamer factions, as I enjoy MCSG much more, but I know people who liked it a lot. I hate to be judgmental, but you would really think a large, reasonably well staffed community wouldn't have a problem so large it makes them shut down and redo a section of their server. This isn't intended as a knock at staff. It's just surprising.
It's not the number of staff that is the problem. Staff can not ban or even punish for things that are said or done outside of the MCGamer community. (Off the server or website(s)) I also wouldn't view it as a "shut down" or a "redo", it was a test, and the community could not keep their emotions under wrap. I'm not placing the blame on anyone, but it was most definitely not the staff's fault.

(I know you said it's not a knock at the staff, I'm simply saying that they have no control over stuff like this)

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That one time when I killed Simone accidentally... the whole server was like WATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I havent played much recently, but I have been on faction servers many times and it always came to this same thing told here, so thats why I never really did use the MCSG Survival server much... the fact that it was faction based disencouraged me to use it because I knew it was always this hostile. On most faction servers I've played, I could never keep a base just because some decided out of no where to be my enemy and harass me.

Im glad we'll see a change in this, thank you for that, I hope with the new survival server I will be able to play there. :)

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love this, and have rooted for a collaborative, happy place for us to go in a server that is already all about killing each other since before who knows when. There was a project to make a Panem like server (for MCGamer), and I'm hoping there's something like that up Chad's sleeve.

Reaction score
That's too bad, but I think it was a bit of a forgone conclusion. This is just what happens to faction servers. People take it too seriously and divide apart and crumble rather than working together and building up.

I've always preferred cooperative survival because things get done, look nice, and a sense of community really arises, quite the opposite of a faction server.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not the number of staff that is the problem. Staff can not ban or even punish for things that are said or done outside of the MCGamer community. (Off the server or website(s)) I also wouldn't view it as a "shut down" or a "redo", it was a test, and the community could not keep their emotions under wrap. I'm not placing the blame on anyone, but it was most definitely not the staff's fault.

(I know you said it's not a knock at the staff, I'm simply saying that they have no control over stuff like this)
Honestly, it was more of a knock at the community. When someone hacks, I might accuse once, but then I record and get them banned. Accusing in chat and starting flame is pretty immature. Still, I wasn't there, so I may be misinterpreting what happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci