• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Final Arguments: Make 'eZ', 'Rekt', 'L2P' Punishable

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Truthfully, I do look forward to this talk regarding this topic Col_StaR is organizing. I'd hope to attend as a participant, but I'd be fine with even watching. It'll definitely be great to listen to a variety of people speak and present new information. It's a date I'll mark on my calender.
For the record, I'm not officially planning anything yet. I just really liked the concept and started throwing around some ideas. If enough people are interested in listening to such a discussion, great! However, what I would need are informed, mature, polite, and influential people on both sides of this argument who would be willing to speak out for their respective sides. That... and I would need the time...

Brigade

Career
Reaction score
I dont think this should be bannable. to many people say it.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Perhaps the gaming slang doesn't intend to offend anyone, but the people using it have the intent to belittle other's playing ability, or their character as a whole.

Words and context can easily be flexed and bended to give different connotations to different people; different strokes for different folks, if you will. While you may not necessarily take offence to it, I think it's clear by this point that people apparently do. Believe me, I share the exact same view as you and most others that this shouldn't be a big issue, but it is. It can't be helped because the community is so diverse and everyone views everything differently. You have to cater to the majority (whether or not the majority is concerned about the issue, though, is something only the administration could answer.)

I never said that conceitedness wasn't a factor - I only said that it shares credit with the attempt to stir an unnecessary reaction.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, so I'll wait for you to clarify. However, I believe you're saying that players who are offended by this could get others banned from it as a result...?

And yes, this is something I can definitely agree with. The whole argument, in general, is entirely subjective... there really is no right-or-wrong regarding whether these terms are bad or not. No doubt they're cocky, unnecessary shots at someone, but whether it's actually worth punishing a player over is subjective.

However, some people simply can't ignore it. Whether it's a mental function or something entirely irrelevant, some people just find that they cannot ignore these subtle digs. And it's really not fair to force them to have to re-structure their thinking or views just to satisfy a problem that can be solved in a much better way.

Truthfully, I do look forward to this talk regarding this topic Col_StaR is organizing. I'd hope to attend as a participant, but I'd be fine with even watching. It'll definitely be great to listen to a variety of people speak and present new information. It's a date I'll mark on my calender.
You're trying to focus on negativeness while I'm trying to give you a reason why this is just silly.

And, as far as the part you don't understand, I'll try to elaborate more:
People tend to impose something which they regard as harassment, when it's literally not even close to that. For example, imagine someone getting in trouble because the following subject said something which really wasn't intended as harassment. I don't think that it is okay to condone a punishment for something that really doesn't deserves the minimum attention.
And I find this a loop-hole in the rules since not everything is harassment. Someone could impose harassment as an excuse and get someone banned for just something insignificant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci