• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

Sup3rT0nyRocks

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't like Freeze, because it's too uncertain where someone is. I was playing on it once, my friend and I saw someone about 80 blocks away, running towards us (I had optifine). I went to check my inventory and make some soup. I gave it to my friend, and I look to my right. Him, as well as 4 other people are coming our way. They all weren't teamed, but...

You know what happened next... ._.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the Demon's Breeze's gameplay is ok, but the lava lag is just INTENSE. When I play with 3 other people over skype, my computer is the only one capable of functioning near the lava. It means we always have to camp at corn, and I think everyone knows that they're luck turns sour when they're around lava...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really haven't had much gameplay with all the other 'new' maps, but Lost Mine is just a lot of caves, and Asia Games' spawn is just weird. Rugged Lands I played once, and I got 13 kills because I was the first one to climb out with a weapon. I just knocked everyone off. Loads of fun for me, but I bet no one else liked it.
If you don't want lava lag, turn off your sound, and I mean fully.

Tyson_Chicken

Survivor
Reaction score
Most of this is based on opinion. I personally don't like a lot of the new maps, I also have felt the quality drop on some maps, but other people may like those maps. Just because a few people don't like them doesn't mean they should just be totally removed. There would still be a lot of people upset about the maps removed.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
I feel like it may become one fast....
Ugh, another thing I need to talk about.

#ReqLock is really irritating for staff members to see. It's almost always used on a thread like this, where some people will think they're being helpful by pointing out that this could become a flame war. If it does, it's fine to report it; we always handle reports quickly.

If we feel that it may end up with a flame war, we'll lock it. We have a strong sense of judgement; this is crucial to being a staff member. This is also why we have a staff member on pretty much every single thread these days. Yeah, we're watching, and we can tell when things go wrong.

I've also heard other staff members lecturing about this recently; almost nobody seems to listen. I still hope that you will, and even tell others about this as well.

Thank you for your time.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hell Games is pure forest. That's honestly it. There are so many easily-accessible double-chests as well.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Imo mcsg has waayyy too many maps atm, it feels like they are adding new maps every day...I think that some of the maps that are in mcsg are of low quality. It feels like mcsg's map quality have gotten worse. Or should I say sparatic? compare maps like valleyside university and moonlight lake theres a big difference in quality.

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Neither has Moon Base 9 and Treacherous Heights! Woop :D
I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Moonbase 9, but Treacherous heights brings bad memories... thats the map that my clan got destroyed on, 3 fell to death, 3 basically starved, and the last 2 without any sprint or gear murdered, lol.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I find calling the thread "Maps that stink" and making the poll choices "maps that stink" to be very general, biased, and impossible to take seriously. Whether or not you think they truly do stink is your opinion, not one to be forced on others.

Now personally, I love that there are new maps. It's about time we get some variety in MCSG. I love the oldies don't get me wrong, but I was really getting tired of playing SG4, Solar Frost, Breeze Island, and Drybone Valley on basically a completely predictable cycle. For so long it was so rare for a new map to be added. I don't care if their quality is not the best, all I care about is their gameplay, and even more so the variety they add. And anyway, not one of these new maps that I've played do I feel like the gameplay is anything short of decent; and on some it's amazing. And I have not played Hell Games but yes, I do believe that it looks like a bad one just from spectating and watching videos. But I really don't find it fair for all of the new maps to be attacked like this.

ugle99

Experienced
Reaction score
I think that MCSG shoul put together a set of maps that have different theme. I think 1-2 maps that have a similar theme is enough and to get a map accepted you have to make a map with a new theme. As it is now it is too many forest maps and maybe too many winter themed. It should only be 1-2, not 4-5. I think that many of the maps are very similar and why would you play a map that is nearly identical to the one you played last round.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Another one of these threads. Well I guess this is the perfect opportunity to speak out about the maps that have been added to MCSG. I do agree that their standards have significantly dropped. They need to realize that Quality > Quantity. I'd rather have like 5 maps that are amazing than 20 decent-ish maps. Here are the ones that should be removed. Note that this is my opinion, and in no way is supposed to make anyone feel bad. Here it goes:

1. Hell Games
    Honestly, this map is just a cheap spin-off of SG1. The whole map is pretty much forest (with the case of some occasional boats and houses), which makes for not very exciting gameplay. There are chunk holes everywhere, which makes the map very difficult to play. There's nothing special about this map, and "Hell Games" is not a very good title for this map. It should be SG1.5 because that's what it is. I know a map like this was used for the Hell Games, but whatever is used in the Hell Games should stay in the Hell Games.
  2. SG Ancient Japan
    This map gets played next to never, and I honestly doubt anyone would like this map for any reason. It's just a bunch of buildings clustered in one area, and the rest is hills. Though, this map actually has a theme which is decent. Other than that, definitely not a fan-favorite in my opinion. It also lags like crazy for many people (including myself), and there's also an annoying inescapable fountain.
  3. Asia Games
    The same problem as Breeze Island; way too much water. You have to swim to get everywhere, and unless you have a boat, that task is very time-consuming. Many builds, like spontaneous platforms with water on them, are irrelevant to the "Asian" theme of the map. Also, I could tell it is a normally-spawned world because the terraforming is not amazing, and there are tons of little holes and imperfections in the hilly areas.
  4. Insanity Cause
    This map is absolutely horrid. The whole map is jungle, which makes navigating a lot more difficult and stressing than it should be. The outside is just water, which, just like Breeze, makes for very boring and annoying water fights. The cornucopia is hard to get in and out through (since you only escape in holes) and could make running away nearly impossible. People camping on top of jungle trees is also a problem. To sum it up: A big no-no.
  5. Fortress Pyke
    Last but not least; this map. Oh god, where do I get started? Similar to SG1, it's all forest. The main attraction (the castle) is not very appealing, and not worth stealing all the attention of the map. There's also an abundance of water, and the map theme doesn't really work. Like other maps, it's just buildings placed around and a few boats and that's it. The cornucopia is kinda skimpy and this map in general is not a showstopper.
As I said before, I apologize if I offended any map makers in this post. I am not offending you personally, I'm just speaking my mind about the maps. I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but I just wanted to get my opinion out there. Have a nice day :)

Kthxbai
-Mamiamato24

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci