• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
Every version of Breeze but the original. I honestly don't understand MCSG and its obsession with Breeze Island.

Hell Games. I'm sorry but this is just a really cluttered and bad map. Mabye if it wasn't just a bunch of trees gobbed together it wouldn't be bad... Ehh.

Asia games. What else needs to be said?

I really think MCSG is seriously lowering its map standards. i also think newer maps are straying waay too far away from the original idea of a survival games map. If you don't know what I mean, these newer maps don't even give me the feeling of "Survival."

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
How about instead of just telling us the maps are bad, you name the maps you are speaking of and provide information as to why the maps are bad? Just telling us 'the maps suck' isn't helping with anything at all, and doesn't provide anything constructive or show anything other than you are unhappy.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
How about instead of just telling us the maps are bad, you name the maps you are speaking of and provide information as to why the maps are bad? Just telling us 'the maps suck' isn't helping with anything at all, and doesn't provide anything constructive or show anything other than you are unhappy.
Alot people are doing that on this thread...

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bouncing off duckluv321 idea;

'test1.mcsg.in'

Test all the new maps on there and boost it out to the public, just like what the PMC servers are like now.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
My post :rolleyes:

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Alright, I'm just going to write out what maps I think should be removed, too lazy to go into detail, most people in this thread have said enough.

I mean no offence to mapmakers, creating a map is a very hard thing to do.

Ancient Japan, haven' tplayed it in 3 months just a forgotten map that people la la lag on.

Freeze Island, I compare this to Demon's Breeze. Freeze Island is just a few World Edit changes to the normal Breeze and some minimal building. Not to mention that most of the vines on my route are cut off, quite annoying.
Another thing, Demon's Breeze has completely new chest placement, while Freeze does not.

Fortress Pyke, the castle is okay looking but the rest of the map is just bare and empty, not worth playing at all/

Moonlight Lake, just a somewhat decent but unfair corn and randomly placed buildings that have no theme or anything to do with each other around it. GuyK is a great mapmaker (love Snowkrill) but Moonlight is just not to my taste.

Insanity Cause, the corn is hard to escape and the vines and shrubs make PVP I would say impossible. Also the water.

Asia Games, the map has way too much water and is vanilla terrain, also contains really scattered buildings that have nothing to do with Asia.

and even though I'm apart of Team Elite, Hell Games, most of our members had nothing to do with this one, I think it's a good creation for the Hell Games but not MCSG, not that many landmarks and the trees are unbearably close together. Sorry.

Honorable Mention goes to Lost Ridge. I was the co-creator along with maxlupus , I think it is beautiful in every way and all the builds are fantastic (most of Team Elite worked on it) but if it crashes 70% of the time, let's not bother.

Again this is just my opinion please don't hate.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Juan pretty much summed up my thoughts. I actually like the newest maps that were added though. I'm going to make a feature suggestion about what I think would help with the sheer amount of maps soon.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
There should be a poll with all the maps, and the one which gets the most removal votes should be removed. I'll see if I should be the one to make that thread :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci