• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hackers on MCSG

Is the Australian Community being destroyed by Hackers?

• Total voters

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
MCSG is finally getting to the point where it is now unplayable. This morning I woke up and played 7 games, 6 0f which had hackers in them. Every game im in now there are people commenting on how excessive hackers are throughout MCSG and how unplayable the servers are becoming, now I know theres not to much you can do to fix this. But how about taking a look at it, why don't staff members sit down and play a few games of MCSG and just take a look at how bad the Australian community has become. I honestly think that having 12 servers with a stronger no-cheat plugin would be so much better then 24 servers in which there is about 1 server running at a time with no hackers in it. MCSG has become so much more then a battle between players it has become a battle of who can play a game without hackers. I have actually seen a few servers that have custom clients that players have to use to play the server and every time they login it checks for modified files inside of the version, now I know this would not to excessively hard to do because of the fact that MCSG has amazing developers, how about mcsg slows down on updating the servers for a bit and focus on the real problem on hand, and that problem is destroying the community of MCSG quickly. I know your probably going to comment something like "Oh but plugins like that would cost us a lot of extra money to run alongside our large amount of servers" The AU community would much rather a cheat free experience with half the servers and im dead sure of that.

Now you can all sit back and not give a crap about how bad this community has become and just keep the money rolling in from your constant donations.. Because hey, lets face it.. People are still going to donate to your servers regardless of how many people hack on it or not. Whats more important though? A cheat free and happy community, or your high sum of money. Actually don't answer that last question, its kind of obvious. You would be surprised how much better the community would become with just a little anti-cheat, sadly the staff members are kind of useless, I have a recording that clearly shows that although im kind enough to not start another useless debate that will start another mini warfare between the senior staff and I.

So in advance I would like to apologise for my poor sentence structure but I kind of wrote this in 15 minutes due to the fact I have a bit more to do today then rant on about the poor Australian community. So come on, do something about this. MCSG is becoming poorer and poorer when it comes to fixing things that actually count. Even if you just half the hackers, there is so much you could do to get rid of a large variety of cheaters on your servers. If you want I could help you with ideas, I may not be the best when it comes to thinking of realistic ideas. But even so the two I listed above are quite possible and would leave us so much better off. Now please don't sit there and shrug off everything I have said by picking out one thing I said wrong and therefore changing the whole topic, because as I just stated.. I wrote this quickly. But I mean every word of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HI468

Diamond
Reaction score
I strongly aggree with you in this case I am finding it hard to play as well. I would like this to be enjoyable and playable again!

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yup. Played 3 games today and 3 of them had hackers in and also I had the annoying ghosting thing which killed me against the hackers, I've quit till this point now. 60% of the community is full of hackers and it's getting beyond a joke now... and you're right, it seriously is unplayable.

I don't blame Gravey4rd for leaving, I don't see the point in playing a game because it's just going to be the same thing over and over again. Ghosting and hackers, Ghosting and hackers.
I can make a rant about this which can be 3 pages full, rant is over. DONE.

And also, EU is just the same.

Atomic_

Experienced
Reaction score
This is all true. I used to play hive because it was a very popular server and I "was" a noob. I left hive because it had so many hackers and MCSG barely had any hackers. I moved to MCSG and it was amazing to play and be part of a great community! But now their are more hackers on MCSG then hive now. Hive reduced hackers and MCSG has even more hackers. Just do the thing ChadTheDJ or Forairan when you made the plugin so people that use BSM can't join. Just make it so if they have files that are misplaced or show that they are hacking. Then they can't join the servers. It's ok if you guys have a lot more important things to do but just put this on your check list. I can wait but that doesn't mean I'm going to wait 6 months and play with tons of hackers. Good Day - ATOMICSHIELD

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Have to agree, everything is wrong with the server at the moment, needs to be fixed asap.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Before you all comment saying "Oh just record them and upload it" I have tried this, but it is physically impossible for me to do this all the time, I have a 0.80 upload speed and 95% of Australia has the excact same (People that don't have NBN yet) This takes me 20 minutes to upload a 1 minute video of a hacker in which I wait a whole day for them to be banned and what... They get banned for 1 week then their back to hacking again, I have gotten so many people banned for hacking and then they just come back again, and again and again.. When they are finally permed they move onto an alt, for example "sheepy246" i got him banned for regen, yet he is running around on the servers with regen hax again right now.. As well as "Blury96". Honestly MCSG your servers are becoming seriously unplayable.

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok, so I thought I may as well put in my input

MCSG is finally getting to the point where it is now unplayable. This morning I woke up and played 7 games, 6 0f which had hackers in them. Every game im in now there are people commenting on how excessive hackers are throughout MCSG and how unplayable the servers are becoming, now I know theres not to much you can do to fix this.
6/7 games with hackers? That's either bad luck or a bit of an exaggeration. I play around 15-20 games a day and see a hacker maybe once every 3 days (Not including the ones that get reported to me). This could just be because I'm a mod and they hide their hacks, or I could be extremely lucky but it still seems odd how large the difference is. And if you see someone hacking, record them or get a moderator to. And with people complaining, sometimes people are just bad sports and complain if someone kills them.
But how about taking a look at it, why don't staff members sit down and play a few games of MCSG and just take a look at how bad the Australian community has become. I honestly think that having 12 servers with a stronger no-cheat plugin would be so much better then 24 servers in which there is about 1 server running at a time with no hackers in it.
We play plenty of games, from the top of my head just 2 AU staff together have played around 10k games, with the rest added in that's a lot of games played. We like to sit in the hub because it needs to be moderated a lot more than the individual servers, that is because a lot more rules are broken there than in a single server. I do personally agree with you about the AU community, people are becoming more aggressive and rude towards one another but it gets moderated, like I said before most of the chat offenses occur in the hub. And if you increase the No-Cheat Plus it won't necessarily be better. Sure some hacks may be prevented, but some will still bypass it. And when No-Cheat is increased it becomes a lot worse for the playing experience. Constant lagging back, not being able to hit people and other problems.
Now you can all sit back and not give a crap about how bad this community has become and just keep the money rolling in from your constant donations.. Because hey, lets face it.. People are still going to donate to your servers regardless of how many people hack on it or not. Whats more important though? A cheat free and happy community, or your high sum of money. Actually don't answer that last question, its kind of obvious. You would be surprised how much better the community would become with just a little anti-cheat, sadly the staff members are kind of useless, I have a recording that clearly shows that although im kind enough to not start another useless debate that will start another mini warfare between the senior staff and I.
We do care about the community, that's why we work to fix it where it has it's faults. Money is not the first priority at MCGamer, the players experience will always come first. Think about it in a business sense, if a businesses customers are unhappy they go elsewhere, no matter what profit they make. We don't want to lose our players, they are what forms this community and without them the servers wouldn't exist either. I might also add, the staff members aren't useless, we work towards helping you, not ourselves. We have donated our time and effort to make this a better place for the players, we don't get paid, we all became mods to help.

So in advance I would like to apologise for my poor sentence structure but I kind of wrote this in 15 minutes due to the fact I have a bit more to do today then rant on about the poor Australian community. So come on, do something about this. MCSG is becoming poorer and poorer when it comes to fixing things that actually count. Even if you just half the hackers, there is so much you could do to get rid of a large variety of cheaters on your servers. If you want I could help you with ideas, I may not be the best when it comes to thinking of realistic ideas. But even so the two I listed above are quite possible and would leave us so much better off. Now please don't sit there and shrug off everything I have said by picking out one thing I said wrong and therefore changing the whole topic, because as I just stated.. I wrote this quickly. But I mean every word of it.
The staff team work to improving the servers, but we prioritise what is demanded the most. We want to do whats best for the community and help them out in any way we can. Sure it may look like nothing is being done, but it is. You don't see everything that happens, whether is be kicking a player in the hub, or muting them.

This is all true. I used to play hive because it was a very popular server and I "was" a noob. I left hive because it had so many hackers and MCSG barely had any hackers. I moved to MCSG and it was amazing to play and be part of a great community! But now their are more hackers on MCSG then hive now. Hive reduced hackers and MCSG has even more hackers. Just do the thing ChadTheDJ or Forairan when you made the plugin so people that use BSM can't join. Just make it so if they have files that are misplaced or show that they are hacking. Then they can't join the servers. It's ok if you guys have a lot more important things to do but just put this on your check list. I can wait but that doesn't mean I'm going to wait 6 months and play with tons of hackers. Good Day - ATOMICSHIELD
The BSM auto detect system can't be replicated to work for hacked clients ;-;. BSM sends a message to the server which we can use to tell whenever someone has it installed so we can deal with it easily.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, so I thought I may as well put in my input

6/7 games with hackers? That's either bad luck or a bit of an exaggeration. I play around 15-20 games a day and see a hacker maybe once every 3 days (Not including the ones that get reported to me). This could just be because I'm a mod and they hide their hacks, or I could be extremely lucky but it still seems odd how large the difference is. And if you see someone hacking, record them or get a moderator to. And with people complaining, sometimes people are just bad sports and complain if someone kills them.

We play plenty of games, from the top of my head just 2 AU staff together have played around 10k games, with the rest added in that's a lot of games played. We like to sit in the hub because it needs to be moderated a lot more than the individual servers, that is because a lot more rules are broken there than in a single server. I do personally agree with you about the AU community, people are becoming more aggressive and rude towards one another but it gets moderated, like I said before most of the chat offenses occur in the hub. And if you increase the No-Cheat Plus it won't necessarily be better. Sure some hacks may be prevented, but some will still bypass it. And when No-Cheat is increased it becomes a lot worse for the playing experience. Constant lagging back, not being able to hit people and other problems.

We do care about the community, that's why we work to fix it where it has it's faults. Money is not the first priority at MCGamer, the players experience will always come first. Think about it in a business sense, if a businesses customers are unhappy they go elsewhere, no matter what profit they make. We don't want to lose our players, they are what forms this community and without them the servers wouldn't exist either. I might also add, the staff members aren't useless, we work towards helping you, not ourselves. We have donated our time and effort to make this a better place for the players, we don't get paid, we all became mods to help.

The staff team work to improving the servers, but we prioritise what is demanded the most. We want to do whats best for the community and help them out in any way we can. Sure it may look like nothing is being done, but it is. You don't see everything that happens, whether is be kicking a player in the hub, or muting them.

The BSM auto detect system can't be replicated to work for hacked clients ;-;. BSM sends a message to the server which we can use to tell whenever someone has it installed so we can deal with it easily.

This is no were near an exaggeration ask anybody I have played with and they will agree that I come across hackers extremely often, most frequently regen hackers, they are destroying the community. I understand as the moderator you are your trying to protect the server. Although words is not what we need right now, we need the confirmation that the server will actually be worked on.

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Its not a run of bad luck blakew, when there are 6+ of us who find the same problem in different lobbies, I just played last game and a hacker just killed half the lobby with aimbot and all my friends. So its not a run of bad luck, the server needs to bet a better anticheat system in place like awesomecraft. As it stands the server is very unplayable at the moment. If u played on an alt blake, you will find almost all the games are unplayable because of hackers. Heck yesterday i filled my 3tb hard drive up with hacker reports and for me alone i cant upload all these vids over a whole week yet alone one day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci