• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hackers on MCSG

Is the Australian Community being destroyed by Hackers?

• Total voters

theflappybird

Spectator
Reaction score
Honestly hackers have no strategy.... If you can get their food down they can't regenerate, and then you go in for the quick kill while he can't run and if he eats and starts running then you get the last hits with a bow. I've won some and lost some to hackers. So many recordings of hackers to count on my Mac, but in a way they make you a better player /:'

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly think that having 12 servers with a stronger no-cheat plugin would be so much better then 24 servers in which there is about 1 server running at a time with no hackers in it
I don't see how the number of AU servers has anything to do with the strength of no-cheat

I may not be the best when it comes to thinking of realistic ideas. But even so the two I listed above are quite possible and would leave us so much better off.
I disagree. Just turning up the no cheat is not a feasible solution, as that would ruin the balance of normal gameplay. Mandating the use of an MCSG client is also not feasible, as that would turn off a large number of players due to it being an invasive security measure.

I understand that some regions are understaffed, and that's really the issue here. It's not no cheat, not staff activity, just not enough staff in the right places. Despite that, I believe the estimations of some of you are a bit off. I though hackers were much more prevalent when I was a normal member, but it's shocking how little of them were actually hacking after I was educated on how to find illegal actions. I don't mean to sound like I'm insulting your intelligence, but the vast majority of cheating complaints we receive are false, no illegal actions, no sufficient evidence. We have a huge playerbase compared to most servers, so relatively, we also have a lot of cheaters, but not nearly as many as some would assume.

Also of note, things are getting better. Just in the past few weeks, we've staffed EU (one of the more understaffed regions) with eight new, active moderators. We're also constantly processing the applications looking for qualified applicants who can fill the empty spots.

Last edited:

DuoFoldReborn

Spectator
Reaction score
I understand that some regions are understaffed, and that's really the issue here.
Could you have a system/table of where to staff at what time? This may help solve the problem. A lot of cheaters will always be a problem, so was smallpox (example), smallpox was wiped out - not saying it was the same here, but using a organised system may help. Not saying I'm one to tell the entire server what to do, but it's a start.

I do agree with the point on turning up no-cheat, that would certainly ruin a lot of players experiences. E.g. On a server I used to play on, no-cheat was so crazy that you couldn't so much as move in PvP. Gameplay for many players would be essentially ruined.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
Could you have a system/table of where to staff at what time? This may help solve the problem.
That would be fantastic. Issue is, not all moderators have the internet that they can play and record well on other regions. Some can, and we definitely encourage them to visit other regions in peak times, but for the most part, they have to be staffed with local moderators.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't see how the number of AU servers has anything to do with the strength of no-cheat
Well I have experience with knowing that a more intense nocheat plugin could mean more lag and so therefore I was stating that we would all be happier with less servers but a more cheat free experience.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
Well I have experience with knowing that a more intense nocheat plugin could mean more lag and so therefore I was stating that we would all be happier with less servers but a more cheat free experience.
I don't think that would be an issue with our network, if you mean lag in a general sense of making the servers sluggish. What I'm referring to is that, with stronger no cheat, common actions are more likely to be mistaken for illegal actions, causing normal players to struggle with being kicked and rubberbanded by the plugin. It probably wouldn't cause latency issues though.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
I don't think that would be an issue with our network, if you mean lag in a general sense of making the servers sluggish. What I'm referring to is that, with stronger no cheat, common actions are more likely to be mistaken for illegal actions, causing normal players to struggle with being kicked and rubberbanded by the plugin. It probably wouldn't cause latency issues though.
Very true. As we balance No-Cheat Plus, we pull the values closer and closer to the fine line between 'legal actions' (i.e. how quick you can eat, draw a bow, move, etc) and illegal values (sprint hacking for additional movement speed). If we become too strict on these values, other uncontrolled variables will begin to affect the outcome, and cause the player to be detected as attempting to cross what we've set as the fine line of legal moves within an unmodified client. In game, we already get a large number of NCP reports from players who are doing completely valid actions during the course of a game.

Xestros

Survivor
Reaction score
Very true. As we balance No-Cheat Plus, we pull the values closer and closer to the fine line between 'legal actions' (i.e. how quick you can eat, draw a bow, move, etc) and illegal values (sprint hacking for additional movement speed). If we become too strict on these values, other uncontrolled variables will begin to affect the outcome, and cause the player to be detected as attempting to cross what we've set as the fine line of legal moves within an unmodified client. In game, we already get a large number of NCP reports from players who are doing completely valid actions during the course of a game.
Is it possible to detect how fast someone is speeding up the process of normal tasks, such as eating and regenerating health. Because regen hacks are quite annoying. From what I have seen regen hax speed up all of that stuff, I enountered a hacker earlier today who jumped into the water and started drowning almost instantaneously..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci