• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hackers on MCSG

Is the Australian Community being destroyed by Hackers?

• Total voters

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly agree with all of this. The developers are spending most of their time trying to advance through mcsg without realizing if the players enjoy it. I do understand that the developers have a life outside of mcsg. ( Just saying this as I know theres someone out there going to reply with that. ) Hackers, obviously they are everywhere and new clients are being developed as we speak, this is why we must reinforce the plugin. Although I do realize that the developers are working hard to improve other things, but hackers should be the main priority. At some point, everyone has experienced a hacker and you know the pain of running, then fighting, then running, then fighting, then dying. It's just a pain. In a hackers perspective, all they do is run around with thousands of alts putting on their hacks and getting everyone enraged. They obviously have no consideration over others. In the regular player's perspective, they are not happy at all now realizing who they're up against. Its just not right. I personally agree with this thread, but many are just too quick to dismiss this as another person complaining. The truth is, he is complaining, we all are. I do not imply the fact that the developers are lazy. They do listen to people to some extent. This needs to be put to a stop at once. Please try to advance your no-cheat system along with the Anti-Hack plugin. If you are going to reply to this, please take some consideration to not just do this to correct something I said wrong. Regards.
this

Dragongirl10188

Survivor
Reaction score
I understand your points, but the person who i quoted told him to leave, which isn't what you're saying. I'm with you.
I said to leave if they think the community is being destroyed. If he/she really thinks MCSG is being ruined, why not move to another server and leave this one if they will have a more 'enjoyable' game?

Maybe they shouldn't hack.
We can't stop hackers, however we can make ways to prevent them. Do you think the developers / mods / admins will just let people hack? They are trying, thank you very much, to make an enjoyable game. The developers already work on anti-cheat programs and there are mods to poke in TS or the hub, also things to record.

HELP PREVENT HACKERS, DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM.

Dave | Rev

Platinum
Reaction score
I said to leave if they think the community is being destroyed. If he/she really thinks MCSG is being ruined, why not move to another server and leave this one if they will have a more 'enjoyable' game?
I'll have you know, I was a mod who did my best to prevent hackers. I'm not complaining, but if he moves to another community, what? Are the hackers not going to be there? The solution would be move to a different game, but even still, there will be people who ruin the game. There is no solution to this problem.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Being an old AU player I've seen every era, this is probably the worst when it comes to hackers, however 25 servers balance it decently. And 6/7 is either a bad day, or a terrible exaggeration. I hardly see that number, majority of hackers are easy to kill anyway, you're a decent player so you should know how to cope.

Also, I'm fairly sure making a plugin to check players files is impossible without being illegal.

Dragongirl10188

Survivor
Reaction score
I'll have you know, I was a mod who did my best to prevent hackers. I'm not complaining, but if he moves to another community, what? Are the hackers not going to be there? The solution would be move to a different game, but even still, there will be people who ruin the game. There is no solution to this problem.
I did not know that, thanks for the input.
So there's no use making threads if they won't stop.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Also, I'm fairly sure making a plugin to check players files is impossible without being illegal.
I think he means doing what they did with BSM. Make you download the official 'mcsg' client that sends a message to every server you join saying ' HEY I USE MCSG CLIENT' and alongside that mcsg have a plugin that checks for said message. If you don't have it, 60 second ban giving you the link to the download

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think he means doing what they did with BSM. Make you download the official 'mcsg' client that sends a message to every server you join saying ' HEY I USE MCSG CLIENT' and alongside that mcsg have a plugin that checks for said message. If you don't have it, 60 second ban giving you the link to the download
And decrease MCSG's population much lower to prevent hackers? no, lol.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
And decrease MCSG's population much lower to prevent hackers? no, lol.
I see where your coming from, but the population decline would take away every single hacker that ever set foot in mcsg, and all it takes is the same installation as optifine or any other mod/client and believe me, not many people play without a sort of modded client, so they'd know what to do

Dragongirl10188

Survivor
Reaction score
But I sometimes use TechnicLauncher for some Shaders Packs and Optifine, so if we used this program we might be falsely banned / kicked for using a client that wasn't even hacked.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
I see a hacker about once in every 20 games :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci