• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Hamlyn - A Survival Games Map

Would you like to see Hamlyn added to MCGamer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordz_

Survivor
Reaction score
I really think the gameplay could be great on this map. You didn't utilise too much water, yet you added enough + the lilypads should help out with that. There is plenty of flat land while still maintaining a nice terrain. The custom trees are well done.

My only problem with the map is the depth and detailing in the walls. For example, take this image..:

There isn't much detail to the walls, and the palette is a bit strange (just the stained clay). Perhaps some stone bricks, stairs, and fences could really help to add detail to the walls.

Overall, it's nice. I can envision good gameplay on the maps, but I think the buildings need some more detail.
We tried keeping away from fences etc, due to the fact that they make people with not the best pc's lag.

Reaction score
I really think the gameplay could be great on this map. You didn't utilise too much water, yet you added enough + the lilypads should help out with that. There is plenty of flat land while still maintaining a nice terrain. The custom trees are well done.

My only problem with the map is the depth and detailing in the walls. For example, take this image..:

There isn't much detail to the walls, and the palette is a bit strange (just the stained clay). Perhaps some stone bricks, stairs, and fences could really help to add detail to the walls.

Overall, it's nice. I can envision good gameplay on the maps, but I think the buildings need some more detail.
I believe this was suppose to come off as a run down more on the plain side of things village and simple village where people use to live. Nothing to exciting.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
We tried keeping away from fences etc, due to the fact that they make people with not the best pc's lag.
Yes what swordz said, fences and slabs look extremely good on a building but as this map is based for a good PvP experience we tried to avoid or limit the use of them.

LieutenantIV

Experienced
Reaction score
Mm, good point. Anyway, just try and add a bit more detail to the walls, mostly just to those buildings. Everything else looks really nice, though.

Frazzli185

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yay Sean! The map looks great and you put so much effort into it! :3 Hope it gets accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci