• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Has Ping Warped Our PvP Mindset?

What matters most in a fight?

• Total voters

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
Good ping is good,
PvP experience is better,
PvP experience and good ping = Godlike.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ping means nothing, if you have a good ping you can use that to your advantage and play agressivly and if you have a bad ping you can play defensively. For example Gravey4rd is number 1 in the world and I know that he gets terrible connection.
I wouldn't say it means nothing but yeah, it's a pretty small factor, especially since as Chobski said the difference between people's pings on EU is pretty small. For example, when someone with 35 ping calls someone with 20 ping a ping abuser, as you said, there's practically no difference between their connections (0.015 secs).

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
For those of us who have been labeled as "ping abusers", my question is, what should we do otherwise?
I'm not going to stop playing or intentionally hinder my internet connection or performance, just because I live closer to the physical servers. That's just ridiculous.

Latency has a presence in games ranging from decades ago. Certainly we can live with ping differences, especially in a game like Minecraft where one is not at a huge disadvantage for having a higher ping, compared to popular FPS games. Huahwi, a player that lives in New York, gets a pretty "meh" connection to the US servers hosted over towards the west coast. Rather than blaming the connection of other's for his mistakes and personal errors, he compensates and adapts to how his game plays - That being said, he's a great player.

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
As much as it frustrates me when someone beats me with better ping, it's only my fault. I mean, a fishing rod, bow and an FnS and they would be a piece of cake. Strategy is a major factor, but a little bit of ping always helps.

Unless they say rekt. Then they're dead to me.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
For those of us who have been labeled as "ping abusers", my question is, what should we do otherwise?
I'm not going to stop playing or intentionally hinder my internet connection or performance, just because I live closer to the physical servers. That's just ridiculous.

Latency has a presence in games ranging from decades ago. Certainly we can live with ping differences, especially in a game like Minecraft where one is not at a huge disadvantage for having a higher ping, compared to popular FPS games. Huahwi, a player that lives in New York, gets a pretty "meh" connection to the US servers hosted over towards the west coast. Rather than blaming the connection of other's for his mistakes and personal errors, he compensates and adapts to how his game plays - That being said, he's a great player.
If Huahwis ping is considered "meh" then I don't know where to begin with mine.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score

even the greatest of us can't escape the inevitable

cold hands

Reaction score
Ceroria, I think I remember having this conversation with you on Trivium ts a few weeks back. This post makes me want to give you a big fat high five. I rant and rant and rant and rant about people that have completely no idea what true skill is and I would travel miles and over mountains to wait for the day that people finally realize that sometimes these players are more experienced and know the right moves in a fight at the right time to get bigger combos then you can even imagine. This topic is one of the things that really gets me fed up about how people say that type of stuff. I have started to getting used to people saying on the daily and I don't like to hear it at all, because in the end, I get 90 ping to MCSG average. When someone calls me a ping abuser, they get to feel my wrath and don't ever bother to call me a ping abuser again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci