• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Heart of the Mountain - MCSG

Is this map good enough for MCSG?

• Total voters

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Let me start off by thanking the community for being so helpful and active. I really enjoy these games and hopefully the time and effort I've put into this map will be a way of showing my appreciation.

I like to think of this as the Underground Breeze Island. Where breeze has water, this has lava. Where breeze had a nice scenic view, HotM has traps, unreasonable heights, and some pretty killer structures.

This map was designed to really make the player think about their next move, and it gives you the freedom to get anywhere you need to go without to much trouble. But when you do find a troubling spot, look down, there's more than likely a fall and some lava to be aware of. The map has many redstone traps and secrets so be sure to find them all before playing it or you'll get caught off guard.

Though I'm submitting this to finished maps, please let me know if there are flaws or if there are areas that could be improved. I would love to see this playable on the MCSG servers.

If you like this map and want the locations of all chests, please send me a message and I'll give you the notepad with all 115 chest coordinates.

Corn (ignore out of place netherbrick - its been taken care of)

Overwalk and Lumber Mill/ Agricultural Area

Business Square

Undermountain Town

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Just a bump for some feedback, lets hear what you think!

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Looks good, but there are too much glowstone ;)

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks good, but there are too much glowstone ;)
Thanks for the quick reaponse, I really felt like the map was too dark, so I may have over done it. I have a couple ideas to make it look better if it becomes an issue. I appreciate the feedback!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
This is nice to wake up to, a couple of planetminecraft diamonds and some good feedback! Thanks guys, any where that you think could be improved or changed that would help its playability?

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Looks great, I've always wanted maps like solar frost!
What i love more about this map than solar frost is the space. Its a similar concept, but Solar Frost has so many tight passage ways, while this one is so much more open which makes it much more appealing.

Just some thoughts, the dispensers behind the lava that shoot arrows are actually accessible, so people will learn about these and steal all the arrows. Either put them back further, or set it up so that they are blocked by pistons, and only when the arrows are shot out will the pistons retract very shortly before this.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks static, I thought that dispensers were inaccessible in Survival Games that's the reasoning behind that lol. Ill definitely add that to my list and maybe throw up a new link tomorrow!

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks static, I thought that dispensers were inaccessible in Survival Games that's the reasoning behind that lol. Ill definitely add that to my list and maybe throw up a new link tomorrow!
Are they? In that case, it's fine how it is, but I couldn't confirm with you on it.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Dispensers cannot be opened in MCSG ;)

This looks like a great map! Good job ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci