• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Heart of the Mountain - MCSG

Is this map good enough for MCSG?

• Total voters

Ember

Survivor
Reaction score
I definitely had no idea either hahah.
Thanks a lot raidium, I appreciate it :) maybe ill put my efforts elsewhere, like getting juiced on the survical server :eek:

I'm pretty sure they are blocked. I've tried to open them on a number of occasions.
nvm that was already answered >_>
The map itself is amazing. The concept, the style...I have a small group of friends to test maps with, this is going to be next. :)

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure they are blocked. I've tried to open them on a number of occasions.
nvm that was already answered >_>
The map itself is amazing. The concept, the style...I have a small group of friends to test maps with, this is going to be next. :)
That's great to hear! Definitely let me know how it goes, I love minecraft and this community but I've got no means of testing it myself! I really do appreciate the intrest!

Ember

Survivor
Reaction score
I can promise you that we'll have played 2-3 games by the end of this weekend. (Though I might be sulking then. Long story xP)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What i love more about this map than solar frost is the space. Its a similar concept, but Solar Frost has so many tight passage ways, while this one is so much more open which makes it much more appealing.

Just some thoughts, the dispensers behind the lava that shoot arrows are actually accessible, so people will learn about these and steal all the arrows. Either put them back further, or set it up so that they are blocked by pistons, and only when the arrows are shot out will the pistons retract very shortly before this.
You could put the dispensers behind lava so that they shoot flaming arrows though...

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
You could put the dispensers behind lava so that they shoot flaming arrows though...
They are! And they do! Check it out :) There is also a trap button on the side of the office building to burn drop people into a fiery hole!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They are! And they do! Check it out :) There is also a trap button on the side of the office building to burn drop people into a fiery hole!
Sounds fun! I hope I het the chance to play this map sometime.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I can promise you that we'll have played 2-3 games by the end of this weekend. (Though I might be sulking then. Long story xP)
Hahah good luck Ember, if you want a list of all chests for an unfair advantage, just let me know and I'll pass you the dl link ;)

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I've hit 100 downloads, and for the most part it's been a very positive feedback. Keep downloading, give me some more criticisms so I know what to work on!

Thanks guys!
aaaand sorry for the doublepost >.>

awesomedal14

Experienced
Reaction score
Great map, I'd love to see a lava/firey styled map on the server, but I do have some points to make:

1. Too much light. Make fire and lava the main sources of light, and use torches instead if glue stone. It just makes the map look a little darker and creepier, mysterious in fact. Make it look dark because its a cave In a mountain but glow stone looks unnatural, like creative-mode built it, but torches make it look a bit more survival like, just a small tweak can have a big impact.

2. Add a little detail and scenery here and there. Some parts of the map look stunning, while others just look like and overuse of cobblestone and stone. Give it more vines, holes, cracks, even parts where lava is flowing out. Give it more detail and make it look like a community that actually lives underground.

Don't take my feedback in a bad way, because this map is great already, but those few adjustments could give the map a whole new (and better) feel and look to it. Good luck, hope it gets on the servers.!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Great map, I'd love to see a lava/firey styled map on the server, but I do have some points to make:

1. Too much light. Make fire and lava the main sources of light, and use torches instead if glue stone. It just makes the map look a little darker and creepier, mysterious in fact. Make it look dark because its a cave In a mountain but glow stone looks unnatural, like creative-mode built it, but torches make it look a bit more survival like, just a small tweak can have a big impact.

2. Add a little detail and scenery here and there. Some parts of the map look stunning, while others just look like and overuse of cobblestone and stone. Give it more vines, holes, cracks, even parts where lava is flowing out. Give it more detail and make it look like a community that actually lives underground.

Don't take my feedback in a bad way, because this map is great already, but those few adjustments could give the map a whole new (and better) feel and look to it. Good luck, hope it gets on the servers.!
This is exactly what I was looking for and I'll address both points.

1. The light was something I worried about, mostly because I'm not too sure what the lighting settings are for everyone else. Personally I play on *bright*. The unnatural glowstone just strewn across the walls was sort of my way of making sure everyone could see, even though I knew it looked poopy.

2. I think I wanted a finished map too quick and pushed this download out. There are definitely some parts that could use some aesthetic tweaks. The hanging cobblestone though was my way of putting dried up lava spouts and the ground cobble slabs give sort of a rubble-like appeal, haha I stand by those!

So with that, I did not take this in a bad way; I just started tweaking it even more and now will probably have a beefed up new map download by the end of the day -- way more pleasing to the eye and while I'm at it, adding some more redstone devices/ traps, and chests.

-- Also going to include a changelog so you don't have to look too hard to find what's been changed.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it, Medal!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Well here's the extent of a few hours of tweaking and changing. You'll find that the lighting is now more natural -- I removed all of the old glowstone from the walls and either hung some glowstone lights or added some lava for lighting. Also added a few more redstone doo-dads and some more areas to go to. All of it is included in the changelog (in the zip or on planetminecraft).

Feedback! Thanks for the read!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci