• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Heart of the Mountain - MCSG

Is this map good enough for MCSG?

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I love the cornucopia :) Never seen anything like it. The map looks amazing so far, I may want to actually download it and look around later :p (That's new, never done that before except when SG3 came out :p)

I think there might be a bit too much lava, which could lag people, but I don't know. It looks amazing, especially in the areas with the water around it for a bit of contrast.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I love the cornucopia :) Never seen anything like it. The map looks amazing so far, I may want to actually download it and look around later :p (That's new, never done that before except when SG3 came out :p)

I think there might be a bit too much lava, which could lag people, but I don't know. It looks amazing, especially in the areas with the water around it for a bit of contrast.
Thanks for the support! I was actually worried about the lava myself, as far as lag goes. My computer is very new so it plays minecraft really well, I've got to try it on my wifes laptop to really test the lag haha.
The download is small so feel free, and get back to me on anything you like or dislike! Thanks again for the feedback :)

Ember

Survivor
Reaction score
it ate my post.
MCSG freaking ate my 45-minute, essay-long post.
I'm depressed now x_x. The thing had like six sections and I put a lot of work into the review.

God, you STUPID FORUMS. I'm just going to sit here and cry.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
it ate my post.
MCSG freaking ate my 45-minute, essay-long post.
I'm depressed now x_x. The thing had like six sections and I put a lot of work into the review.

God, you STUPID FORUMS. I'm just going to sit here and cry.
I take it your post was a fairly thorough review of my map? That sucks!! How did the multiplay go???

Ember

Survivor
Reaction score
I died early both times. Map was fun, though.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I died early both times. Map was fun, though.
Any lag caused by the map? I don't have any means of trying it online so I'm not too sure how it plays! I'm glad you enjoyed it though :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
After watching the video, it seems WAY too easy to knock someone into the lava. I'd recommend at least a slight railing, like half slab or something.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
After watching the video, it seems WAY too easy to knock someone into the lava. I'd recommend at least a slight railing, like half slab or something.
You may be on to something but really there are only a few bridges where there are no rails. And they are pretty out of the way and there is no requirement to travel on them. A few more lava deaths wouldn't hurt lol. Download and do a fly though!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You may be on to something but really there are only a few bridges where there are no rails. And they are pretty out of the way and there is no requirement to travel on them. A few more lava deaths wouldn't hurt lol. Download and do a fly though!
I might after school today :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I might after school today :)
Ok, I've downloaded the map and flown around on it a bit. It looks like an AMAZING map, and all the buildings are beautiful! But there are a couple things which would annoy me. There is nothing I can say that's wrong about the map itself, but in a game of Survival Games, here are some things that I would say need changing:

For example, the soul sand in the cornucopia. That would make corn looting at night difficult, and running to corn to get your loot at the beginning of the game a bit more annoying for some people.

The wolves in one of the corners of the map seem a bit overpowered. If you manage to get a couple bones and tame the wolves, there is a higher chance you can win the game just because of that. (Screenshot of wolves wouldn't upload)

Some little things that annoy me about the map itself, not in a game of Survival Games are:

There is a sign I found that was spelled wrong (Screenshot included). I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but it's little things like these that annoy me too :p If there are more than this I don't know, I don't feel like flying around looking for signs :) (Vegetable Crops if you didn't know)

2013-02-05_15.44.49.png

Another thing is the doors. In every building I saw, the doors were on the inside swinging out. That annoys me, whether it's a problem or not is for you to decide. But every door to a house I've seen in real life swings inwards, and it looks so much better "flush" with the outside wall of the building in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci