• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Helios - Kingdom of the Sky

Do you think this map should be added to MCSG?

• Total voters

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
It means relating to or connected to astronomy.
Ready farther down on dictionary dot com xD
Astronomically: extremely large; exceedingly great; enormous:
It takes an astronomical amount of money to build a car factory.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
he did but he has to do it again back to the origional xD
Well, the maps are exactly the same in terms of layout and chest placement/tiering. So... the only difference would be the builds, which have only improved (which in unarguable).
So, your problem is intolerance to change. I could not possibly understand what you like better about the old one seeing as everything you could find wrong with the map was actually done correctly in the updated version. Change is not bad young grasshopper, it is infact the only way to move forward. :p
It's nice, reminds me of Mortal Skies, which I didn't play much.

Boy, I wish people came up with new themes for maps.

What the heck does this even remotely have to do with astronomy?
If the only way you know how to critique maps is by comparing them to other maps, then it is best you leave this section of the forums. It won't go over so well with other builders; however, I am willing to have a friendly debate about your point.

Yes, Mortal Skies and my map share a similar style. Steampunkish, medievalish, floatyish... I could go on. However, just because of the similarities doesn't mean the theme is unoriginal... let me explain:

Mortal Skies is a floating, ship-constructing community. From what I can tell, the map has some houses and a lot of industrial sectors where you can see air-ships being built, and probably the most important piece of my argument: modern airplanes. My map has nothing modern about it, my map is a medieval kingdom with a castle and airship technology. Also, there are certainly no industrial/building areas which Mortal Skies mostly consists of.
I could stop here, but it is also important for me to point out that it is a floating structure and my map consists of skylands. The difference? Skylands are floating islands of earth, Mortal Skies is a wooden structure floating above the earth.
Now, I've made my point.

Yes, they share similar style, they even share similar builds. However, for you to be so rudely sarcastic with me... "Boy, I wish people came up with new themes for maps."... is not the way to critique a map. A map that I think is actually quite good and took me hours upon hours of work. Also, the fact that this is a different theme which I thoroughly explained above.

Feel free to respond to me, but anything you say can be rendered mute at this point. Probably best you just leave the
thread.
DatPikachu

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Well, the maps are exactly the same in terms of layout and chest placement/tiering. So... the only difference would be the builds, which have only improved (which in unarguable).
So, your problem is intolerance to change. I could not possibly understand what you like better about the old one seeing as everything you could find wrong with the map was actually done correctly in the updated version. Change is not bad young grasshopper, it is infact the only way to move forward. :p

If the only way you know how to critique maps is by comparing them to other maps, then it is best you leave this section of the forums. It won't go over so well with other builders; however, I am willing to have a friendly debate about your point.

Yes, Mortal Skies and my map share a similar style. Steampunkish, medievalish, floatyish... I could go on. However, just because of the similarities doesn't mean the theme is unoriginal... let me explain:

Mortal Skies is a floating, ship-constructing community. From what I can tell, the map has some houses and a lot of industrial sectors where you can see air-ships being built, and probably the most important piece of my argument: modern airplanes. My map has nothing modern about it, my map is a medieval kingdom with a castle and airship technology. Also, there are certainly no industrial/building areas which Mortal Skies mostly consists of.
I could stop here, but it is also important for me to point out that it is a floating structure and my map consists of skylands. The difference? Skylands are floating islands of earth, Mortal Skies is a wooden structure floating above the earth.
Now, I've made my point.

Yes, they share similar style, they even share similar builds. However, for you to be so rudely sarcastic with me... "Boy, I wish people came up with new themes for maps."... is not the way to critique a map. A map that I think is actually quite good and took me hours upon hours of work. Also, the fact that this is a different theme which I thoroughly explained above.

Feel free to respond to me, but anything you say can be rendered mute at this point. Probably best you just leave the
thread.
DatPikachu
This. I was going to respond to it first, but I couldn't think of very many things to say that would put the argument in my favor, mostly because I only helped build the map. Also, at the end, I thought you were telling me to leave the thread, Andrew, until I saw the period. :p

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
This. I was going to respond to it first, but I couldn't think of very many things to say that would put the argument in my favor, mostly because I only helped build the map. Also, at the end, I thought you were telling me to leave the thread, Andrew, until I saw the period. :p
No, I was just making sure that you saw that since you responded to him too. :p

Seth

Career
Reaction score
Good luck, this definatlly deserves being a part of the MCSG map rotation. So far, how many maps have you been a part of xD?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good luck, this definatlly deserves being a part of the MCSG map rotation. So far, how many maps have you been a part of xD?
His signature says Zone 85, Zone 85 Revamped, Helios (this), and Shady Hollow.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
So many. My main ones are in my signature... I helped with Turbulence and Dracrys. Then I have had some minor roles in other non-accepted maps.

And then 6 other maps I made while I was getting good at building. It took a lot of work to get to the point I am at.

I would say somewhere around 20 I've worked on here and there.

BlackTyde

Spectator
Reaction score
Looks like a laggy map, but I can trust you because of your previous builds :D love to see this on the MCG network. Nice Job!

BlackTyde

Spectator
Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around it, but it looks so reminds me so much of Icarus... I love it :)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So many. My main ones are in my signature... I helped with Turbulence and Dracrys. Then I have had some minor roles in other non-accepted maps.

And then 6 other maps I made while I was getting good at building. It took a lot of work to get to the point I am at.

I would say somewhere around 20 I've worked on here and there.
I can't wrap my head around it, but it looks so reminds me so much of Icarus... I love it :)
Please use the "edit" button instead of taking up extra room on the page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci