• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hive Phishing Scam is Back

Has this happened to you?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

JJSnacks

Diamond
Reaction score
This happened to me as well, a guy claiming he was the owner of hive did the exact same thing to me. :/

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Same thing happened but it was girls trading pics for ip's......

YoureGhetto

Spectator
Reaction score
Someone named "Dennis Varreide" added me and said that I knew straight away it was a scam.

Reaction score
Yep...it's back. If any Hive Sr.Mod (specifically one named FabricJason) says that you randomly won a free pass to be a Hive Mod...DENY IT.

I remember this being something a few months back. They would give you a link and you would include your Minecraft information, and they would just steal it.

It's so stupid. Here's the evidence: http://i.imgur.com/efLaLpi.png
I went on the hive forums from a skype post and entered in my username and password turns out thats how my account got hacked

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Overall, we gotta keep safe, if any random individual you certainly do not know of gives you a link, then don't click it. Also, if they are famous in a way, or just well known, make sure that what they give you is safe. Do not give any personal information to anyone, even if it is supposedly for something free. :)

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Overall, we gotta keep safe, if any random individual you certainly do not know of gives you a link, then don't click it. Also, if they are famous in a way, or just well known, make sure that what they give you is safe. Do not give any personal information to anyone, even if it is supposedly for something free. :)
Yep...that's the phishing scam...

jcten

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello.

This is a message to you all that doesn't have much knowledge on phising. This guy probably used spear-phise which is a hacker method developed in Python. This is normally used in a virtualbox which means it's harder to trace. Phising is very illegal if you pull it off successfully. Hackers uses these methods to steal civil's bank information.

How to know when it's a phise

Let's say that I got an email from a guy where it says, "Is this you on Facebook?" with a link. This is just a fake link that looks like Facebook's link, but with a slight difference, www.facebookk.com. There's an extra k. If I were to open a Facebook phise link it would ask me to log in. When you log in the password is saved in a txt file in his web-database. Well, if the user is clever and knows what he's doing, he's using spear-phise in the SET Toolkit. If he's doing the phise over a web hoster, you can report the link to the provider if you find out, and he will most likely get caught.

You need to be careful with links that looks fake.

Also, some of those users who send you these links may have a RAT virus on their computer. All the pro-hackers is not using their own skype, they use their slaves (Victims of their RAT virus). Be aware for these type of things.

I hope I helped you guys so you can prevent getting phised! And please, do not do these things, they're illegal.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello.

This is a message to you all that doesn't have much knowledge on phising. This guy probably used spear-phise which is a hacker method developed in Python. This is normally used in a virtualbox which means it's harder to trace. Phising is very illegal if you pull it off successfully. Hackers uses these methods to steal civil's bank information.

How to know when it's a phise

Let's say that I got an email from a guy where it says, "Is this you on Facebook?" with a link. This is just a fake link that looks like Facebook's link, but with a slight difference, www.facebookk.com. There's an extra k. If I were to open a Facebook phise link it would ask me to log in. When you log in the password is saved in a txt file in his web-database. Well, if the user is clever and knows what he's doing, he's using spear-phise in the SET Toolkit. If he's doing the phise over a web hoster, you can report the link to the provider if you find out, and he will most likely get caught.

You need to be careful with links that looks fake.

Also, some of those users who send you these links may have a RAT virus on their computer. All the pro-hackers is not using their own skype, they use their slaves (Victims of their RAT virus). Be aware for these type of things.

I hope I helped you guys so you can prevent getting phised! And please, do not do these things, they're illegal.
An absolutely incredible description to how the phishing links work. I would definitely recommend the staff to acknowledge this post and pin it to where people can see so they can raise awareness if this happens to anyone. I have two questions though, where does the "facebookk'' link lead to? I hope it isn't an actual phishing link. C:

Secondly, since this is capable of accessing to things like bank accounts, why target people who play games or use social media?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci