• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hive Phishing Scam is Back

Has this happened to you?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

jcten

Diamond
Reaction score
An absolutely incredible description to how the phishing links work. I would definitely recommend the staff to acknowledge this post and pin it to where people can see so they can raise awareness if this happens to anyone. I have two questions though, where does the "facebookk'' link lead to? I hope it isn't an actual phishing link. C:

Secondly, since this is capable of accessing to things like bank accounts, why target people who play games or use social media?
Hello, Miner!

I am currently writing a "How to defend yourself from hacking" post. This can hopefully be pinned.

Anyway, that link I just wrote was just a fake link I could think of. When you're clicking on a phise link, you're not getting hacked right away. When clicking for example a Facebook phise link, it'll ask you to log in to facebook to see the content. The link I wrote is completely fake, and it's just a blank page. It could contain for example www.Faceboook.com with three "O's".

I think that people would target people over a game or forum to cause havoc. With access to adminstrator accounts, you can mess up the database pretty badly. Some people just do it for a laugh. Please, check out my "How to defend yourself from hacking" post. It's almost done :)

-Jcten

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello, Miner!

I am currently writing a "How to defend yourself from hacking" post. This can hopefully be pinned.

Anyway, that link I just wrote was just a fake link I could think of. When you're clicking on a phise link, you're not getting hacked right away. When clicking for example a Facebook phise link, it'll ask you to log in to facebook to see the content. The link I wrote is completely fake, and it's just a blank page. It could contain for example www.Faceboook.com with three "O's".

I think that people would target people over a game or forum to cause havoc. With access to adminstrator accounts, you can mess up the database pretty badly. Some people just do it for a laugh. Please, check out my "How to defend yourself from hacking" post. It's almost done :)

-Jcten
I'd be honoured to check it out, I will definitely hope that it gets recognition so it could cause awareness to the situation, and I'm glad the hack isn't immediate. :)

jcten

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd be honoured to check it out, I will definitely hope that it gets recognition so it could cause awareness to the situation, and I'm glad the hack isn't immediate. :)
It's in community guides :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci