• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How To Correctly Report A Player For Hacking (Please Read)

StanMiniShow

Career
Reaction score
Hello there! I, along with my fellow moderators, am dealing with lots of abuse reports per day. With so many reports per day, it is not easy when one doesn't follow the correct procedures in reporting a player. May it be because of a hacker, spammer, or player abuser, one must correctly follow the steps in making a successful report. This is to make our job easier so that we can deal with more abuse reports, and so that unresolved reports will be lessened.

Step 1: Record the player that may be hacking in-game.
Things to remember:
1. Video must show the player performing/using his hacks.
2. Refrain from typing in chat words such as "Noob!", "Hacker!", and the like.
3. Focus on the player that you'd like to report.
4. Even if you saw a player hacking, we will not be able to ban them without sufficient proof.

Step 2: Upload your footage to www.youtube.com
Things to remember:
1. Please do not edit the footage. We do not want fancy text, background music, slow-motion effect, color grading, and so on. Simply upload the raw footage. Also, please do not add intros. Intros make the video longer which means longer time to process on YouTube. Which, also, means more and longer "This video is unavailable" errors. We really just need the video as "raw" as possible.
2. Make the video "unlisted". Please do not make it private as we will not be able to watch the footage. Also, please do not make it public because that can be abusive to the hacker. We do not need to show the world that the said player is a hacker; we must simply take the right actions towards them.

(Note: We highly recommend you to upload the footage to YouTube rather than on other sites because:
1. We are able to download the videos quickly without having to download the entire stream.
2. We can mark the videos as 'unlisted'.
3. It is more efficient to deal with ban disputes, which there are tons, if evidences were to be uploaded to YouTube.
4. We've encountered several problems before with evidences uploaded to another site rather than YouTube.)

Step 3: Go on to the "Report Abuse" section of the forum. (http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/Report/)
Things to remember:
1. DO NOT post your abuse reports anywhere else. There is a "Report Abuse" section in the forum for a reason.

Step 4: Click on "Post New Thread"

Step 5: Type in the needed information
Things to remember:
1. The title must be "The player name - Hacks being used"
2. Make sure to follow the correct template. The correct way to report a player is like this:
  • In-game name: The name of the player
  • Reason: Hacks being used
  • Proof: Link to the video of the hacker. Take note that it must be on YouTube
  • Key Times on Video [Optional]: The time in the video in which we can see the player hacking.
  • Gametype: Survival Games, Survival Games Classic, Quarter Quell, etc.
3. Please input the correct name of the player. Please do not mistake a lower case "L" with an upper case "I" and so on.
Step 6: Finally post your report by clicking "Create Thread"
Things to remember:
1. As soon as you've posted the report, we will be able to see it. Please do not bug us and say "Did you ban him already?", "Please ban him now!", and so on. We will perform the right action accordingly.

Step 7: If the evidence you've submitted is not sufficient or is not following the guide, such as "No cropped images", "No edited footage", and so on, we will have to close the report, informing you that you need to report again with what the moderator asked you. Please make the report with the correct files as soon as possible so that the player can be dealt with as soon as possible.

It's that simple, guys! Nothing extreme. If you follow these steps, we will be able to deal with more of your problems and moderate the server better. If you are reporting for a player other than a hacker, such as players abusing others, upload the screenshot to www.imgur.com. Make sure not to make your photos private. Also, DO NOT crop screenshots as we will not be accepting these. Thank you for reading. I hope this will guide you into correctly reporting offenders. I hope you have a great time at MCGamer Network. Have a nice day!​

Last edited:

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice! Listen to this guide everyone, it helps us staff members deal with more reports in less time.

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Nice! I made a thread exactly like this a few months ago, but it was hidden within all the pages of general support queries. Maybe if we ask one of the sir staff, we can get one of the threads placed in the report abuse section to be the official thread xD

StanMiniShow

Career
Reaction score
Nice! I made a thread exactly like this a few months ago, but it was hidden within all the pages of general support queries. Maybe if we ask one of the sir staff, we can get one of the threads placed in the report abuse section to be the official thread xD
Aww. That would be a great idea! That way, reporters will actually read it. :p

Lieutenant

Survivor
Reaction score
Very nice thread, but I do agree with Pieter. If this isn't placed in the "Report Abuse" forum, it's practically rendered useless.

StanMiniShow

Career
Reaction score
Very nice thread, but I do agree with Pieter. If this isn't placed in the "Report Abuse" forum, it's practically rendered useless.
Yeah. I tried to get it noticed as much as possible, but you're right. Someone with a higher rank must do it though. Also, I love your legit comments. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci