• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How will the 1.9 update affect MCSG? (Or in MCGamer in general)

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok guys, the 1.9 update has been announced and has been called the "Combat Update". There are rumours flying everywhere on the internet, including a new boss, shields, new arrows, quiver, corn, etc. Now, how will this affect MCSG (Or MCGamer in general)? Will MCSG have new items like new foodstuffs, weapons, items, etc. How will this affect MCSG playing style? Will there be new strategies like, (For example) a shield and hit tactic or poison and flee? I think we should have a talk now in the MCSG community about how this will affect MCSG.

Remember, your opinion matters and everyone is welcome, don't tease anyone about their ideas and things just because it's weird. Feedback is welcome.

P.S: I shall be updating this thread regularly and will be responding to ideas. Watch this thread if your interested.

Update: Check on Logdotzip's news on 1.9,

(Corn and Roads)

(Shields and New Arrows)

Last edited:

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
I know for a fact, that new arrows are going to be part of the update. Like many other people have said *cough* staff *cough*, if 1.9 is not suitable for PvP, or destroys the vanilla touch, MCGamer will only use the changes that are required. It can always roll back to 1.8 :)

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, that's comforting at least. But how about Map Makers? There are awesome features in 1.9 that can benefit Map Makers largely, such as roads! So, what do you think? Thanks for contributing anyways!

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
I know that they will think it through and do what is best for Minecraft :D

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, it will have some effect on MCGamer. Whether that be a positive or a negative one, that's out of MCGamer's control. If Mojang listens to the Minecraft community and strives to do what they want, then it will be positive and should bring a large portion of the community back from when they left due to 1.8. If they completely disregard and ignore what the Minecraft community wants, the community of our server can be controlled. For example, if the update is bad, we can just not update; HOWEVER, we'll have to update eventually (just like 1.8). Personally, I am just hoping they listed to us all and give us some of the 1.7 and 1.6 PvP mechanics...

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Even if ridiculous amounts of new combat items were introduced we could simply not include them. If new combat systems are introduced and the existing ones are changed it could change a lot if we decide to change over. Personally I think it would be interesting to see if they add more layers than hit and shoot, and I think people are looking too short when they simply want things to go back to the way they were.

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
i hope they add tanks andd airplanes and biological weapons =DD

in all seriousness tho i hope they dont mess up the game too much.
Wow, imagine MCSG with nukes................

K

KiDD

I don't think anyone can say really what will happen. But as always, there are pros and there are cons. Even if the cons are not obvious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci