• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How will the 1.9 update affect MCSG? (Or in MCGamer in general)

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward for change. The game has been the same for so long and its kinda getting boring.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I'm fine with whatever is to come, I mean hey, a new way of combatting, that makes it throwback to early v2 and v1, where we were all learning to master our PvP, so that means more fair competition and more chances for people to rise to the top.

But pls mojang....fix the hit registry.. ;-;

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
But one good thing about 1.9, there are rumours of death messages, which is awesome! It's better than just putting it in the chat. I hope it's something like what they use in Team Fortress 2. (On top right corner)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'd like to see some patched up mechanics, and maybe some type of new secondary, as mentioned a shield might be cool but overall I just see it as being annoying >.<

I really wish Mojang would implement a feature in which servers can disable the sprint key, as I feel like it took away a lot of previous skill to PvP like managing your sprint and whatnot. Even though new tactics like 8-blocking and improved strafing have come out of it, I'd still much more like to see people have to manage their sprint because it causes much more even fights. Plus, we have a kickass BSM detector so cheating won't be as much of a problem there. Back in the double-tap days ping wasn't as much of an issue, because nobody really noticed hit range. Without the sprint key to go getting these mad combos, it didn't matter who got the first hit, it was all about who knew what they were doing, and I miss those days.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Plus, we have a kickass BSM detector so cheating won't be as much of a problem there.
ToggleSneak (the mod used for toggling sprint by players from all other competitive networks)?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
ToggleSneak (the mod used for toggling sprint by players from all other competitive networks)?
Ruh roh Raggy!

Edit: This may be nullified by the elimination of the sprint key. Guess we'll never know unless it happens.

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd like to see some patched up mechanics, and maybe some type of new secondary, as mentioned a shield might be cool but overall I just see it as being annoying >.<

I really wish Mojang would implement a feature in which servers can disable the sprint key, as I feel like it took away a lot of previous skill to PvP like managing your sprint and whatnot. Even though new tactics like 8-blocking and improved strafing have come out of it, I'd still much more like to see people have to manage their sprint because it causes much more even fights. Plus, we have a kickass BSM detector so cheating won't be as much of a problem there. Back in the double-tap days ping wasn't as much of an issue, because nobody really noticed hit range. Without the sprint key to go getting these mad combos, it didn't matter who got the first hit, it was all about who knew what they were doing, and I miss those days.
Yeah, but some of the hardcore players in MCSG may not like having to double tap anymore.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
All I want is 1.7 pvp back, there was no reason at all to change anything in 1.8. If shields arrive that will be annoying.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Here's the thing - Mojang understood what the players wanted, and actually frequently took suggestions and ideas from them (pistons, for example) and made them into the actual game.

Now that Microsoft is in charge, they as well understand that they have the responsibility of keeping the game enjoyable for all branches of the Minecraft community.

My theory is that the 1.8 PvP wonkiness is a result of the new boss bottles that were introduced, which affected the way combat worked. I believe this was an accident, hence the following update being about fixing up the combat.

As for the actual combat update itself, I highly doubt that Microsoft will screw it up. They know what the players like, and there's an extremely low chance of them adding shields, duel wielding, stamina, etc. They understand that the community sticks around for the confusingly pleasurable simplicity of the game, and they don't want to ruin that. I trust in Microsoft, they've done well with games in the past.

Don't be worried guys. I'm excited, personally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci