• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How will the 1.9 update affect MCSG? (Or in MCGamer in general)

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
Here's the thing - Mojang understood what the players wanted, and actually frequently took suggestions and ideas from them (pistons, for example) and made them into the actual game.

Now that Microsoft is in charge, they as well understand that they have the responsibility of keeping the game enjoyable for all branches of the Minecraft community.

My theory is that the 1.8 PvP wonkiness is a result of the new boss bottles that were introduced, which affected the way combat worked. I believe this was an accident, hence the following update being about fixing up the combat.

As for the actual combat update itself, I highly doubt that Microsoft will screw it up. They know what the players like, and there's an extremely low chance of them adding shields, duel wielding, stamina, etc. They understand that the community sticks around for the confusingly pleasurable simplicity of the game, and they don't want to ruin that. I trust in Microsoft, they've done well with games in the past.

Don't be worried guys. I'm excited, personally.
I hope so..........

Reaction score
I prefer as less changes as possible in a PvP game. I quit the game I played before playing Minecraft because it changed severely. As with the arrows and shiels, I think MCG can simply not use them or not put them in chests if they affect PvP in a negative way.

I also heard they might add a crossbow, that would be something I look forward to see.

(with the shiels and arrows, I think Minecraft in general is changing to Minecraft Hexxit a bit)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
More is what killed Minecraft, and no one understands that.
Eh, I would say that's highly debateable and no part of that statement can really be treated as a fact. Some people like more and I think most would say it's not really dead.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
it's not really dead
Sorry, I meant More is what will kill Minecraft, it overly saturates the game, and players like myself don't enjoy tycoon games like what I feel like Minecraft 1.9 will become.

4t4

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant More is what will kill Minecraft, it overly saturates the game, and players like myself don't enjoy tycoon games like what I feel like Minecraft 1.9 will become.
Yeah, Minecraft used to be a simple and fun game. But, that was before the plague hit.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Exactly, but at least we should give 1.9 a chance, unlike some people who are like:

"1.9 WILL RUIN EVERYTING SDHHGDFKJJ M RUN".
xD Like I say, if we stopped complaining and dealt with things and moved on, we would be on mars by now

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Eh, I would say that's highly debateable and no part of that statement can really be treated as a fact. Some people like more and I think most would say it's not really dead.
The people who wanted more generally played stuff like FTB/Tekkit.

RedstonePi

Spectator
Reaction score
See the thing about the combat mechanics in 1.9 are that they have a problem: ATTACK SPEED. The thing about attack speed is that it can only be turned off by one way (that I know of): by adding the Attribute Attack speed, which if set high enough it will make it so there will be no Attack delay. Everything else in 1.9 is amazing ( especially The elytra, potion arrows, and shield).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci