• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I may be in a state of mini-crisis.

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
This is what I did:

-Find one friend that has similar hobbies as you
-After a while, they will introduce their friends to you, and hopefully, you will make a group of friends.
-If all else fails, play more video games and hide

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
teach me how not to laugh, please. i've been aching to learn how to be a statue for so long.
Ikr this one time I was thinking about not laughing and then my teacher started talking about my friends funeral preparations. It got really awkward cause like I can't just say "I was thinking about not laughing!"

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Definitely join a club or after-school activity that interests you, because you meet people with similar interests. That's easily the best way to meet people you won't hate.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
This kinda depends... Ive actually done this a couple times not yelling it of course but asking a couple of people and ive made alot of friends this way :p
Yah man children's block games are the peak of popularity.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I completely understand your scared-ness. I was terrified to go into the place. Something that eased my anxiety was marching band. I understand you can't just jump into something like that, but try to find some organization or school activity that you like, you'll meet people that relate to you and are nice to you.

Now I understand we are very different in real life, you coming from being home-schooled and being slightly shy, and I am the kind of person that kind of just talks way to much and used to be SUPER DUPER annoying in my earlier years, but I can still relate.

The most important advice I can give you is to be yourself. Don't get into something you're uncomfortable with and if this means you have to sit very quiet in class for the first month until you can find people you want to get to know, then do it. People are less scary then they appear :)

Don't over-approach people and don't under-approach them. If you want to make friends/make acquaintances just approach in conversation and find people with similar interests, like I said before.

Be confident. People aren't out to get you and if you don't give them a reason to dislike you, you'll be fine.

Trust me, you will find friends :)

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Why does everyone always ask for life advice in a Lego for the uncoordinated forum

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
I felt the same way when I went into my Freshman year of high school. I'll give you some tips that I learned throughout that time:
  • Be sure to make friends whenever you can. I didn't have many friends that went to my HS since it was very small compared to the others. All (or most) of my friends went to different schools. Just ask questions and get to know people.
  • Find the easiest way to get dropped off and picked up. If you're impatient like me, then you'd have a hard time dealing with school traffic. It's pretty bad, especially in the first week or so of school. Find an easy way to avoid the after and before school traffic.
  • Prepare for a lot of work, if you're taking honors classes especially. Work really picks up in high school compared to what it did in elementary and middle. I found it to be a hard adjustment
So, those are some of my tips for someone who is starting their freshman year. Hope this helped, man. :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
For the first semester of highschool, I was literally a loner that always wore a black hoodie through the school, barely talked to anyone and all that :p In the second semester I had 3 classes with another person I had sort of gotten to know over the first semester, and sort of joined the social group of nerdy gamers in my grade. That worked out pretty well :p It was a painful start, but as long as you can get through your classes you're fine. The rest will just fall into place on it's own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci