• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I may be in a state of mini-crisis.

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Here's the thing, completely avoiding irl is a bad idea, but getting too active in it honestly sucks. There's a healthy medium. I recommend joining a group of people with similar interests. You seem like someone who enjoys technology, join a club based on it. You don't need to know everyone, just get yourself into ONE or TWO social groups. It's comfortable, easy, and gives you more variety than only the internet. Even if you dont know people, joining a club based on common interests makes you know people and is in the long run so worth it.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, the title was a bit misleading/over-exaggerating, but at least it caught your attention enough to bring you to this thread.
As you may be able to guess, I'm going to be facing a large issue. In this case, tomorrow. I need the help of you fellows, the MCSG Forums.
(I feel a little bit like MCGamerzism by creating this thread, LOL)

So, here's the situation:
I'm entering my Freshman year in High School (Grade 9) in a completely new place. I did not attend the local Middle School, and I haven't attended any public school in over a year, meaning I will know absolutely no one, have no idea what's going on, and to top it all off I've only seen the campus a few times when driving by.
I'm not a popular/social fellow, never was, and never will be, partially due to my shyness and the other part due to my lack of aesthetically pleasing features... (AKA, I'm ugly.) With that said, I'm fully expecting to be a loner right off of the bat. But not only that, I'm going to be stuck in all sorts of awkward situations, such as:
-Not knowing where to sit in class/lunch
-Not knowing who's a bully, jock, class clown, or otherwise. (Except for my assumptions based off of their appearance, which can be misleading.)
-Not knowing any of the teachers or students
-Being confused when trying to get to classes and navigate the school
And a whole lot more.
And to top it allll off, school has already been in session for one week. I'm starting a week late (I was out of state last week) and so I won't know aaanything about aaanyyything.
Oh, and I'm also going to be a year older than my classmates. GG-NO-RE.

HALP? ;_; Seriously, this is worrying me.
Tips and comforting advice would be great :3 I've always been an awkward weirdo in school, but this is taking it to the level of 9000+.
My younger sister went to grade 8 (same boat as me - hadn't been in school for a year) and the first day, she was completely lost and came home crying, according to my mom. Now, granted she looks like a 6th grader in an 8th grade world and also acts like one, but still...+ to top it all off, I live in a sort of not-very-friendly neighborhood.

Also, feel free to share your own stories about High School (or middle school) awkward situations! Maybe I can be comforted by hearing about the pain and struggles of other people...jk
;-;
It's an interesting dilemma that can be handled in a bunch of different ways, I shall use myself as an example:

First off, avoiding being bullied is probably a top priority, so that needs to stay in mind throughout all of this. Here are some different strategies:

1. What I did in this situation was go big or go home. I was stood out and I enjoyed it. I was confident, almost cocky, but I could back it up. In classes, I was always right, if you challenged me on a question, be prepared to get your face shoved in the dirt. I was a clown, and it made a lot of people hate me but at the same time a lot of people to respect me. I stood up to people a lot of people wouldn't have. I acted ballsy, went straight up to girls no fear, would talk to anyone no problem. I actually do not recommend doing this because it requires you to have a certain mindset your really only born with but this is what I did when facing a new middle school environment.

2. Be the nice guy. Make some friends with other kids who look shy, but also get your name slightly known. Be friendly with everyone, talk to both boys and girls, and overall be that kid that people appreciate being around. Kind, courteous, respectful, someone people want to talk to. People respond to this kind of thing.

3. Talk to people!!!! I know a lot of people are shy, but you have to conquer your fears.

4. Find a small group of friends and stick with them, this is most important.

5. If you are athletic and standout in a sport get in with that group; managing to get the support of older kids can be really helpful, though this only works if you are athletic.

Really its up to you what you do, but enjoy the new experience and the people.

-Demon

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey dude, maybe it could be difficult with adapting towards a new, mysterious environment towards a community of people in a place of education. Which is also in real life. But adaptation tends to take a long time. The MCGamer community AKA, us. Will always be by your side even when you are at your darkest hour. We're always going to be there for you, and if are stuck in any sort of situation, you can always rely on us if you want. But overall, do your best there, don't let anyone pull you down. This is a fresh, new experience to learn from. And the friends you make in real life, and the rest of the MCGamer community, will always be there for you. Just be confident about yourself, we know you're gonna make it through.

I'm beginning ninth grade as well, however... I am skipping the first week too, and a lot of different things are already changing or so I've heard in my school. So it is a little difficult for adaptation and catching up. But remember, when you're at your lowest times, there's always going to be someone, or some people in the world who do indeed care about you. You can do this, mooclan. We all wish you luck in 9th grade! <3

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
I am also starting a new school middle school first year but I'm moving to a different city were I will have no friends I was actually pretty popular back in fifth grade had a lot of friends even a girlfriend we broke up though as I am moving. |: I have all my irl friends on skype just try and keep in touch with them. My strategy for this year is don't speak unless spoken to which means I'm going to be very quiet unless some one talks to me also another make one main friend meet their friends and so on and so on. Just be confident don't lack in self esteem you're probably not ugly. I'm also going to try and find a friend who likes minecraft :D chances are they only have the xbox version or they like BajanCanadian -_- hopefully not though hope I helped probably didn't wrote that in about 2 minutes but yeah....
CONFIDENCE! :D

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
I am also starting a new school middle school first year but I'm moving to a different city were I will have no friends I was actually pretty popular back in fifth grade had a lot of friends even a girlfriend we broke up though as I am moving. |: I have all my irl friends on skype just try and keep in touch with them. My strategy for this year is don't speak unless spoken to which means I'm going to be very quiet unless some one talks to me also another make one main friend meet their friends and so on and so on. Just be confident don't lack in self esteem you're probably not ugly. I'm also going to try and find a friend who likes minecraft :D chances are they only have the xbox version or they like BajanCanadian -_- hopefully not though hope I helped probably didn't wrote that in about 2 minutes but yeah....
When the British forged the English language, they never were prepared for something like that...

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

YOU HAD A GIRLFRIEND IN GRADE FIVE?
WHAT THE FLIP?

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Remember why you are there. School. Just focus on school, keep a close circle of friends, make sure you join LOTS of clubs to stay active in the community. Make a difference. You will be fine. Be confident. Be yourself. Be YOU!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci