• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea on Rewards for Reporting Hackers.

Good Idea?

• Yes, the concept is good.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Nope, I do not like the concept.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Yes, with tweaks.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Ondre

Experienced
Reaction score
Did you know you are actually rewarding the entire community? You eliminating a hacker, which benefits many people. In fact a lot of players.

:)

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Did you know you are actually rewarding the entire community? You eliminating a hacker, which benefits many people. In fact a lot of players.

But some players need an incentive to help out their community, many people don't care about others these days. :(

Waffles

District 13
Reaction score
Well, they were thinking of implementing an MCGamer credit system. 1 hacker = 2 credits?

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score

Let's be real. People would be more motivated for a reward.

iJuke

Quantum
Reaction score
You should just report hackers. A reward is extremly unethical, because you should do It for the love of the server.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with this idea with the new MCGamer credits. I believe it'd help a lot.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
You should just report hackers. A reward is extremly unethical, because you should do It for the love of the server.
Really. Do you even know what ethical means? This would be more of a reward, I mean do you disagee and say that a reward would make less hackers get banned? It is not about being ethical it is about what would benefit the server more.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Firs of all , fizz is the best.

Second I really think this is a great idea and have no clue why people are comparing this to communism when it literally has nothing to do with communism. Let's be realistic here, now there are probably a lot of people that already report hackers but there could be people like me that it takes 30 minutes to an hour to upload a 15 second video of someone hacking, or people are just lazy and it's almost impossible to run into the same hacker twice so in the end someone else might ban him. That probably means that that hacker was able to terrorise 5 other games before he got banned. I've uploaded hundreds of hacker reports but now I don't anymore seeing as it barely affects me and is not worth the time and effort to upload a hacker video when I want to do something else with the internet. However with this reward, I'm sure that the amount of hacker reports would be close to tripled seeing as now we have an incentive to report hackers. Let's face the facts , some people let hackers go free. People aren't going to report hackers for "the good of the community." No , if you want an improvement (even though a lot of hackers get banned ATM) people want a reward. Think of it this way, why do the government out bounties on criminals that have committed serious crimes and have gotten away? And how many people would report or hunt the convict without a reward, let alone knowing him/her.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Firs of all , fizz is the best.

Second I really think this is a great idea and have no clue why people are comparing this to communism when it literally has nothing to do with communism. Let's be realistic here, now there are probably a lot of people that already report hackers but there could be people like me that it takes 30 minutes to an hour to upload a 15 second video of someone hacking, or people are just lazy and it's almost impossible to run into the same hacker twice so in the end someone else might ban him. That probably means that that hacker was able to terrorise 5 other games before he got banned. I've uploaded hundreds of hacker reports but now I don't anymore seeing as it barely affects me and is not worth the time and effort to upload a hacker video when I want to do something else with the internet. However with this reward, I'm sure that the amount of hacker reports would be close to tripled seeing as now we have an incentive to report hackers. Let's face the facts , some people let hackers go free. People aren't going to report hackers for "the good of the community." No , if you want an improvement (even though a lot of hackers get banned ATM) people want a reward. Think of it this way, why do the government out bounties on criminals that have committed serious crimes and have gotten away? And how many people would report or hunt the convict without a reward, let alone knowing him/her.
Exactly my point.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The mods just add points, I mean they do not have to tell them how long they were banned for.
We do not tell players whether a player has been banned or not for privacy reasons. Because of that I don't see how this idea could work.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Speaking as a former mod, I don't like the idea of rewarding people for reporting hackers. Many are just going to be reporting players as hacking specifically for the purpose of getting the rewards. They'll start searching servers for hackers as if they're moderators and record even the slightest suspicious activity (which I learned usually isn't actually hacks). This in turn will lead to countless false reports and will cause the moderators to waste valuable time going through the report abuse section determining which videos are legitimate evidence. I just don't see a reward system increasing the amount of hackers actually getting caught, even if it increases the amounts of reports posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci