• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If MCGamer could host anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers! I been recently on our social network profiles getting some information on searching for a new possible location for our community. If we could host an additional Minecraft network location anywhere in the world, what location would you want us to host at and why? We appreciate your feedback by posting here or sharing in our discussions on Twitter and Facebook:

https://twitter.com/MCGamerNetwork/status/588458604966989824
https://www.facebook.com/mcsgservers/posts/714035778719650

Updating you all on our existing locations:

For Australia, we are still working out details on why the AU location keeps dropping during peak times. It's gone to the point where the NOC (network operation center) is doing an investigation on our servers to see why. We only hope it will improve from here but will be monitoring for any new issues.

Our Canada network had an issue a few days ago that was resolved. Everything is back online and normal.

Thank you everyone and appreciate the feedback.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
From the title, I'd say Asia, considering that was the frendliest part of the SG community back when I was a serious player who'd go on till midnight when US was usually drying up, now to read...

edit: alright, still haven't revised the links, but seems like nothing against AS revival, so to whittle things down, I feel it'd be ideal in Singapore, not sure why, but Singapore.

edit 2: Okay, links are just continuations to the questions, no biggie, and I am aware Asia was removed for financial and play demographic reasons, but I feel AS has gotten it's demand again, proving there is dedicated players, and I'm sure there's enough money in the bank to ensure a good future for MCGamer to bring it back and sustain it for an extensive period of time, can't be 100% sure since my mind is a tad rusty since 2013 and early/mid 2014.

edit 3: blatantly obvious, but first c:

Last edited:

e

Career
Reaction score
For this topic, South America should have a server so the people living in the Amazon rainforest to could play as well ^-^

In my opinion, there should be one server called NA instead of 2, US and CA to save some money. The NA server should be hosted in Texas or somewhere central so everyone gets good ping, people living in the US, Canada and Mexico.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We had an Asia network before yet was never used. Not sure if there is more of a demand since a year ago but we need to see it based on our members feedback. Hosting a new location is expensive and we need to be sure our members would support it if we do.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
We had an Asia network before yet was never used. Not sure if there is more of a demand since a year ago but we need to see it based on our members feedback. Hosting a new location is expensive and we need to be sure our members would support it if we do.
I'd gladly support that one in an instant ^_^

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New Zealand, or Asia? Because New Zealand I'd get good ping xD
Asia everybody wants it back :p
For New Zealand, our AU location would be the best. (Located in Sydney)

In my opinion, there should be one server called NA instead of 2, US and CA to save some money. The NA server should be hosted in Texas or somewhere central so everyone gets good ping, people living in the US, Canada and Mexico.
We considered branding our current US location as "WNA" (West North America) and our CA location "ENA" (East North America) due to the locations of those servers.

We wanted everything in our current US location to move to Texas, but that has proven to be very costly and time consuming to do. I would have to go on a road trip from CA to Phoenix, AZ to pick up the servers then drive them to Dallas, TX. During that entire time, the US network would be down unless we rent backup servers.

I'd gladly support that one in an instant ^_^
We may consider this again but again 1 person can't support it alone. :)

itsbeny

Quantum
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers! I been recently on our social network profiles getting some information on searching for a new possible location for our community. If we could host an additional Minecraft network location anywhere in the world, what location would you want us to host at and why? We appreciate your feedback by posting here or sharing in our discussions on Twitter and Facebook:

https://twitter.com/MCGamerNetwork/status/588458604966989824
https://www.facebook.com/mcsgservers/posts/714035778719650

Updating you all on our existing locations:

For Australia, we are still working out details on why the AU location keeps dropping during peak times. It's gone to the point where the NOC (network operation center) is doing an investigation on our servers to see why. We only hope it will improve from here but will be monitoring for any new issues.

Our Canada network had an issue a few days ago that was resolved. Everything is back online and normal.

Thank you everyone and appreciate the feedback.
I wish the AU was hosted in Melbourne ;c Or closer to me :eek:

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish the AU was hosted in Melbourne ;c Or closer to me :eek:
We want to host in Melbourne originally. Possibly in the future if AU is more supported, we would just convert out of SAU to make our own network. Something I wish we can do but we would need a lot of help from the community to help pay for that upgrade.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
We want to host in Melbourne originally. Possibly in the future if AU is more supported, we would just convert out of SAU to make our own network. Something I wish we can do but we would need a lot of help from the community to help pay for that upgrade.
You could release more Quantum ranks and get more moneeeys for more servers ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci