• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm getting a bit tired of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The Team Elite.
It's growing annoying that they're basically the unofficial build team of MCSG. I've constantly read their bragging about how they're one of the best build teams. To be honest, Team Elite hasn't brought us much good, in fact they've brought strongly unpleasing things.

-The Hell Games: One of the few maps that was so bad it was removed
-Solar Frost Revamp: I get this one was because of the "Eshan Debates", but they didn't have to nuke the whole joint, they could have just added some rooms.
-The Lobby Revamp: I love the beta lobby, but Team Elite didn't do any helping. They only lowered it in quality, and just about anyone can agree with me on this one.
-The First Lobby: Sure, it's pleasing to the eyes at first, and it's brilliantly crafted, but it's mostly filled with impossible parkours that can't possibly be beaten in a reasonable time and a few easter eggs that are basically a room with a head and some sign that contains an annoying hash tag.

In no way am I saying Team Elite is a bad build team, I quite enjoy The Fallen Empire, but I don't like how they're immediately brought in on the job whenever something is being renovated. If MCSG is looking for a top of the line build team, they're going to need to do some more searching. Team Elite is starting to get spoiled by unprofessional builders. I had one of the builders who was bragging about being in TE on my server to help with my map (Not saying names) He couldn't build anything, and whatever he tried to build was awful. He then claimed that he did nothing in TE, he just built a few trial builds and then screwed around on their server.

I'm just going to ask that this thread isn't locked for "Going after Team Elite", I feel that this should be discussed. I won't appreciate it being locked right away, but if a senior staff member were to find this thread that offensive than you may proceed, but understand that it's not fair that I'm having my opinion basically locked off.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I have got to agree. On fallen empire they made a creative move by just adding mountains around the map, this looks nice but is is pretty easy to use vines to get out of the map.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I think fallen empire is the second worst map IMO be cause its just the same already big map copy pasted twice with uninteresting land marks

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like the revamps, but that's just my opinion. Although we do not need professional builders, where is the soul in that? We stand here for the community not for professionalism.

My opinion on Team Elite is not biased on anything but my own building preference and I must say I love most of their work, the floating lobby was amazing (you also have to take in account that the map was built for the old lobby time limit, but completing the parkour is still possible in the time). Fallen Kingdom is amazingly detailed, innovative and creative and is by far one of my favourite maps besides the problems it's had in the past. This new lobby is nice, if it was in it's original form then it would just be pure nostalgia and no innovation. Nostalgia is just the feeling everyone is feeling, but figure it might not be the right choice for new players, but take into consideration that I've yet to see this new lobby it can't be as bad as everyone is cutting it out to be as I've heard both "good" and "bad" thoughts. The Hell Games was a nice map, in my opinion of course but many beg to differ, and the revamp of Solar Frost is awesome, I love it.

We don't need to be perfect, we don't need to be professional, more importantly nostalgia... this is not a competition, this is a Minecraft community, a game of creation. We need creativity and soul to give both old and new players a great time here.

Some of the posts I've been reading about Team Elite are actually quite disrespectful and I do warn people to avoid saying anything offensive, the rules apply even to a group of people let alone individuals.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think we need an official build team as of yet. But, I do agree, Team Elite is a bit full of themselves.

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Almost every other build team that has built something for MCSG>Team Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member