• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm getting a bit tired of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This community is just looking for something to complain about, notice how every time one of these mini-dramas is resolved, another "magically" pops up, not a coincidence. This needs to stop.
I'm not looking to complain or argue. In fact I was trying to prevent arguments by saying that The Team Elite is a fairly good build team, but I don't appreciate some of the work they've done. I only complain if I find something unfair, do you think I like complaining? Honestly, think before saying something like that. I don't try and bring up something unless I truly am not happy with it. I don't get joy out of discussions like this, but I say what I feel needs to be said.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
The Team Elite.
It's growing annoying that they're basically the unofficial build team of MCSG. I've constantly read their bragging about how they're one of the best build teams. To be honest, Team Elite hasn't brought us much good, in fact they've brought strongly unpleasing things.

-The Hell Games: One of the few maps that was so bad it was removed
-Solar Frost Revamp: I get this one was because of the "Eshan Debates", but they didn't have to nuke the whole joint, they could have just added some rooms.
-The Lobby Revamp: I love the beta lobby, but Team Elite didn't do any helping. They only lowered it in quality, and just about anyone can agree with me on this one.
-The First Lobby: Sure, it's pleasing to the eyes at first, and it's brilliantly crafted, but it's mostly filled with impossible parkours that can't possibly be beaten in a reasonable time and a few easter eggs that are basically a room with a head and some sign that contains an annoying hash tag.

In no way am I saying Team Elite is a bad build team, I quite enjoy The Fallen Empire, but I don't like how they're immediately brought in on the job whenever something is being renovated. If MCSG is looking for a top of the line build team, they're going to need to do some more searching. Team Elite is starting to get spoiled by unprofessional builders. I had one of the builders who was bragging about being in TE on my server to help with my map (Not saying names) He couldn't build anything, and whatever he tried to build was awful. He then claimed that he did nothing in TE, he just built a few trial builds and then screwed around on their server.
Team Elite are only humans, not super robots that know exactly what you want. Team Elite is usually the team that is called when something needs to be built, and fast. Team Elite are the ones called in to build things because it has the most members so we can do it fast. Now, in the case of the revamped lobby, Team Elite had 2 days to completely revamp it. If you haven't realized The original version of the lobby was lost, Chad only had the copy without the Call Me Maybe lyrics and everything else thats missing. Team Elite DIDNT take anything away, all we did was change some old blocks with newer ones. As I have said in MANY posts before this, The new lobby HAD to be revamped in some sort of way, Minecraft has changed its way it loads chunks so if you wanted it with no revamp, everything back, your result we be poorly loading chunks. In your eyes the solar frost revamp was bad, is our eyes it looked good. Everyone has their own opinions, yours doesn't necessarily have to be right. If anyone is to blame in this situation its Chad. ( dont really blame him) He is the one they wanted to beta lobby revamped, not us. Chad was the one with the old copy, not us. Chad was the one who told us to. Dont blame Team Elite. Now, the hub. The hub was literally told to us 2 days before it was needed and we had no warning what-so-ever. Dont blame Team Elite for everything. Team Elite does EVERYTHING in its power to make things look good.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What's the "valid community issue"? Is it that The Arena Master doesn't like a majority of Team Elite's works?
It's that a majority of people don't like Team Elite's work and we don't think they should be basically labeled as the "official MCSG" build team because they haven't built many good projects in the past. They're one of the few teams that built a map so bad that it was removed, they also have gone down the gutter with the quality of the members. The reason for this thread was for me to express that I don't think Team Elite should keep taking over whenever renovations are needed.

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Team Elite isn't bad, lost ridge & Their lobby is fantastic!! I just don't like the Fallen Empire.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
What's the "valid community issue"? Is it that The Arena Master doesn't like a majority of Team Elite's works?
No, if you would actually read the post you realize the issue is that Team Elite is the basically the build team of MCSG even though most of their work isn't well-liked with the community.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's that a majority of people don't like Team Elite's work and we don't think they should be basically labeled as the "official MCSG" build team because they haven't built many good projects in the past. They're one of the few teams that built a map so bad that it was removed, they also have gone down the gutter with the quality of the members. The reason for this thread was for me to express that I don't think Team Elite should keep taking over whenever renovations are needed.
Actually, only a percentage of the small forum community don't like Team Elite's work. I have heard no complaints in-game about the old or new lobby. Perhaps an in-game poll could decide the opinion of the whole community :)

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually, only a percentage of the small forum community don't like Team Elite's work. I have heard no complaints in-game about the old or new lobby. Perhaps an in-game poll could decide the opinion of the whole community :)
We already did have a poll, which resulted in 80% of the community asking for their map to be removed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci