• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Increase the punishment for hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscarreadwin

Tribute
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that the punishment for first time hackers is a 7 day ban. I believe that this is a ridiculously low number, as it will not teach them a lesson, and it really isn't worth going to the hassle of uploading a recording of a hacker (takes a decent amount of time), when you know that they will be back at it in a week!
I do not know what the punishment is if they are caught again (I would assume a permanent ban), but I think that the ban time for a first offence should be increased to somewhere between 14-20 days. This would be just over half a month, and would give the hackers time to think about what they've done, and they would be less likely to try hacking again. It would also decrease the number of hackers greatly, as people would be scared of hacking. I know that some people feel that a first offence isn't that big of a deal, but rules are rules. Hacking is hacking, no matter how many times you've been caught. I think that they should also lose a certain amount of wins (for example 20% of their wins), which will again cause them to think twice about hacking for a second time.
The only cons that I can think of would be if someone was falsely accused of hacking, and ended up losing their legit wins, but since you need proof to ban someone in the first place, it will most likely not happen.
Thanks for reading and please consider this :D
P.S: If you are going to leave a comment below, please make sure it's constructive criticism, and be sure to tell me the cons! (In other words, don't just say it's a bad idea. Explain why.)

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I think the ban time should be increased but they should not loose their wins.

Domilz

Career
Reaction score
Why not? It's very likely that those wins were a result of cheating, so they didn't really earn them in the first place!
But then once again people gets banned unfair when they actually do not hack and then they will get their wins taken away even though they were not hacking.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Why not? It's very likely that those wins were a result of cheating, so they didn't really earn them in the first place!
Just because you hack does not mean you are invincible and you win every time. You dont know how many wins they got because of hacking therefore you cannot take away any wins.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Just because you hack does not mean you are invincible and you win every time. You dont know how many wins they got because of hacking therefore you cannot take away any wins.
That's like saying you can't get a NFL player in trouble for steroids because you don't know how long he was taking them. That's just stupid, hackers have an unfair advantage over other players, so any win they get does not count, therefore, reset.

oscarreadwin

Tribute
Reaction score
They are still hackers, however. This means that they have broken the rules, so they can and should be punished in any possible way. Just because they might have won a few games without hacks doesn't mean they did. The evidence would be against them and you wouldn't be able to take their word for it either. If someone has been caught hacking, it is safe to assume that most of their wins are as a result of it, else they wouldn't be hacking in the first place.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
That's like saying you can't get a NFL player in trouble for steroids because you don't know how long he was taking them. That's just stupid, hackers have an unfair advantage over other players, so any win they get does not count, therefore, reset.
You dont know when they started hacking. An example is: A hacker could start hacking after they get 100 wins, they hack for a few games and they get caught but they didnt win because of hacking. Does that mean he looses his 100 wins or some of it even though he won those fairly before he started hacking. He should be temp banned. If you take away wins for hacking you have to take the same amount of wins away from everyone. Not everyone has the same amount of wins. If a hacker has 0 wins how many do you take away? Its not fair to take away wins and it is very hard to make it fair for everyone.

oscarreadwin

Tribute
Reaction score
It's a punishment for hacking. It doesn't matter how many games you won legit, once you've been caught it's over. If I had it my way, hackers would be permanently banned first offence. Good players will not hack, and if they do then they deserve to lose wins and be banned.
Oh and by the way, we can prove that they were hacking, which counts the same as if they had been hacking on every game.
I don't understand why someone who is so against hackers and constantly reports them would defend them so much.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
It's a punishment for hacking. It doesn't matter how many games you won legit, once you've been caught it's over. If I had it my way, hackers would be permanently banned first offence. Good players will not hack, and if they do then they deserve to lose wins and be banned.
Oh and by the way, we can prove that they were hacking, which counts the same as if they had been hacking on every game.
You can prove they were hacking but you cant prove they won all their games because of hacking. Just because a player hacked once does not mean they shouldnt be given another chance to prove them selves. They could learn their lesson and never hack again. If a player gets caught hacking for a second time they should be perm banned. People make mistakes and they should be given a second chance.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
You can prove they were hacking but you cant prove they won all their games because of hacking. Just because a player hacked once does not mean they shouldnt be given another chance to prove them selves. They could learn their lesson and never hack again. If a player gets caught hacking for a second time they should be perm banned. People make mistakes and they should be given a second chance.
I honestly have a feeling that you're a hacker and you want to keep your wins if banned.

oscarreadwin

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, but the first ban should be longer. That's what I want. Also, the additional punishment of losing wins would discourage hacking even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci