• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Increased Gamma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
I MENT BRIGHTNESS: BRIGHT! http://imgur.com/1tEwr4Y THIS IS A UNFIR BAN. END OF THE STORY.
First of all, you can post a ban dispute if you think it is unfair. Second, you could have just gone in there right now and changed the brightness of over 100 to max. There is no way to prove that you didn't use bumped up gamma. End of story, eh?

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
I've got an idea. Download the Moonbase9 map, and then play it in single player with everything you had on in that recording, showing that your brightness is at max and that you aren't using increased gamma.

It's worth a shot.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
I've got an idea. Download the Moonbase9 map, and then play it in single player with everything you had on in that recording, showing that your brightness is at max and that you aren't using increased gamma.

It's worth a shot.
Unless he went to his settings in his video there is no way for them to know.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Unless he went to his settings in his video there is no way for them to know.
I mean that he proves that it isn't his fault that he has increased gamma, or that it might be his monitor for all we know. If he keeps switching between the options menu and flying around, he'll be able to prove that he gets increased gamma without modifying anything, thus not being his fault.

Pingochi99

Survivor
Reaction score
I mean that he proves that it isn't his fault that he has increased gamma, or that it might be his monitor for all we know. If he keeps switching between the options menu and flying around, he'll be able to prove that he gets increased gamma without modifying anything, thus not being his fault.
My monitor's settings are kinda messed up seeing as it is fairly new

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First of all, you can post a ban dispute if you think it is unfair. Second, you could have just gone in there right now and changed the brightness of over 100 to max. There is no way to prove that you didn't use bumped up gamma. End of story, eh?
There's also no way to prove that he did use it...

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
There's also no way to prove that he did use it...
If you have a bloody knife in your hand and there is a dead body but a hole in the window and then you say "he ran away!" They aren't gonna be like "ok there gonna think it was you. This is like what he has gotten into. Yes, he may not have used bumped up gamma, but it looks like he did.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
If you have a bloody knife in your hand and there is a dead body but a hole in the window and then you say "he ran away!" They aren't gonna be like "ok there gonna think it was you. This is like what he has gotten into. Yes, he may not have used bumped up gamma, but it looks like he did.
He's recording it, jeez. I personally always go with doubt, even if I'm 99% sure someone did cheat. If he did, then he's an idiot and has hopefully learned his lesson. If he didn't cheat, them I'm happy that I stood behind him and believed he didn't.

Pingochi99

Survivor
Reaction score
He's recording it, jeez. I personally always go with doubt, even if I'm 99% sure someone did cheat. If he did, then he's an idiot and has hopefully learned his lesson. If he didn't cheat, them I'm happy that I stood behind him and believed he didn't.
Why say "He" if I'm right here reading this?

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Why say "He" if I'm right here reading this?
Because I stereotype people and call anyone Male unless I have reason to believe otherwise. I could call you Pingochi99, or I could call you 'it'. What would've you liked me to call you?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
It could be just his texture pact. Texture pacts like shaders have full bright (looks like increased gamma) already in the texture pack.. I know plenty of them like this.

Rules clearly state that you can't increase your gamma, but somehow its allowed to use shaders and other mods that have it pretty much built into it. Dat logic?

I just don't see how they can prove that you increased your gamma instead of it being your texture pack that just has full bright in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci