• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Human nature good or evil?

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well the original role of humans, and still is today, is to survive and reproduce. Everything else, including our actions, emotions, etc. shouldn't really get into the way of this reason of existence. I personally don't think that all humans are default good or bad natured(?). We are influenced more than we think by what we see around us, which can effect us in ways we aren't aware of yet. It is also a good point to mention that the way we are currently living, in proper settlements in cities with electricity and machines that do everything for us, governments, money, etc., is rather new and may be the reason why we might consider people to be good or bad natured.

Tranquilityy

Career
Reaction score
im confused that ur asking a bunch of block people this :/
This is a forum, you can whatever you want (that is appropriate) :p.

Anyway, we have to take into account the fact that everyone's way of thinking about themselves and their nature is different, it all depends on what and how they think. You can't say Human nature is good or evil, there's no one side to it. However, one thing is for certain:
My Humanity teacher said:
Human nature has never changed, and most likely never will
But Humans (just like every other animal. I mean, let's face it, we're all desperate to keep ourselves alive) when it comes down to, will rely on our survival instincts alone. For example, if someone went 2 and a half days without food and are stranded on an island with one other person, most likely they would be desperate for food and would just kill each other for food, if no other food could be found.
After progressing forward in the world, they may or may not change their perspective on things, and may stay as they are; e.g someone who thinks abuse is ok may learn their lesson, and stop it. But either way, Human nature is pretty hard to change, but it will through evolution. c: (ok it may not change through evolution, but there is chance it will... I guess... You get the point. :p )

Last edited:

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Humans and inadvertently all multi-cellular organisms are inherently self destructive.

As we stare down the timeline which has been out past, it becomes appearant that we have almost destroyed ourself as a species several times.
Examples of these include
-Cuban Missle Crisis
-The Black Death
-The Cold War
-Development of Biological Warfare

Humans will always try to destroy themselves as well as the animals that we share our home with. Laws, order, rules, and society are truly the only things that are keeping people in check. Without them, people will decend into a kind of primitive, savage state. This state is akin to the evil that we define in our world today.

But why is this? Does it have anything to do with whom we're around? Where we are? How we look at life?
The answer is that those things affect people's outlook on life but below it all everything and everyone is evil.

But where does this evil come from you may ask. The answer lies not in our surroundings but within us.
The Medea Hypothesis theorizes that all multi cellular life self destructs naturally in order to return earth to the microbial state it has been in for billions of years. I would like to type this all out but for now it's finished.
Let us get some opinions? Shall we?
StaticReach Scott Ceroria Electrix

Reaction score
This states it all;

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

To answer Tenebrous12321 s question of why this is; because of power, almost every single person wants power, and the more power you have, the more you can do, and the more power you have, the more power you want.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Humans and inadvertently all multi-cellular organisms are inherently self destructive.

As we stare down the timeline which has been out past, it becomes appearant that we have almost destroyed ourself as a species several times.
Examples of these include
-Cuban Missle Crisis
-The Black Death
-The Cold War
-Development of Biological Warfare

Humans will always try to destroy themselves as well as the animals that we share our home with. Laws, order, rules, and society are truly the only things that are keeping people in check. Without them, people will decend into a kind of primitive, savage state. This state is akin to the evil that we define in our world today.

But why is this? Does it have anything to do with whom we're around? Where we are? How we look at life?
The answer is that those things affect people's outlook on life but below it all everything and everyone is evil.

But where does this evil come from you may ask. The answer lies not in our surroundings but within us.
The Medea Hypothesis theorizes that all multi cellular life self destructs naturally in order to return earth to the microbial state it has been in for billions of years. I would like to type this all out but for now it's finished.
Let us get some opinions? Shall we?
StaticReach Scott Ceroria Electrix
So what you're saying is that every human is inadvertently trying to destroy humanity, including themselves?

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that every human is inadvertently trying to destroy humanity, including themselves?
No, not everyone. However our strive towards technologies will eventually be our demise.
I could provide some evidence for this, or for the fact that every life form is like this, be it not from technologies, but rather by attempted survival

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
No, not everyone. However our strive towards technologies will eventually be our demise.
I could provide some evidence for this, or for the fact that every life form is like this, be it not from technologies, but rather by attempted survival
I personally disagree. Technologies, even though they can be dangerous, are probably not going to end humanity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci