• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Human nature good or evil?

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally disagree. Technologies, even though they can be dangerous, are probably not going to end humanity.
Say that to the thousands of nuclear weapons that are in the world.
Also in a couple decades you're going to be able to 3d print at home whatever you'd like to end humanity (Watch Vsauce's video on this)

Reaction score
Also in a couple decades you're going to be able to 3d print at home whatever you'd like to end humanity (Watch Vsauce's video on this)
Nucleair weapons dont necessarily have to be used against humans and therefore do not have to be bad against humanity. They can be used against comets and stuff, to make comets get out of their orbit when they strive to earth or something, or against aliens xp

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nucleair weapons dont necessarily have to be used against humans and therefore do not have to be bad against humanity. They can be used against comets and stuff, to make comets get out of their orbit when they strive to earth or something, or against aliens xp
Yes. This could be considered true, but it only takes 1 nuclear bomb placed on New York to easily wipe out millions.
Comets yes can be blown up to deflect them, but it would be much safer and effective to push them away via a spacecraft's thrust.

Also tell that to the fact that in World War II what I persume to be yours and my country used two of them

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Might as well answer Tenebrous12321 .

It has been proven that at this rate, humans will likely die within 150 years. Why? Global warming, caused by us.
It has been proven that nuclear weapons are capable of killing about 10,000,000 people quickly. Nuclear weapons were made by us.
It has been proven that humans have always had criminals, terrorists, pirates, hackers, and more. They are us.
It has been proven that although ISIS has beheaded Americans, some Americans still join forces with them.
It has been proven that humans abuse, kill, and eat animals, and even other humans.

So is there even a barrier stopping humans from figuratively turning into monsters? Yes, it's called prison.
But if there's any way to drive someone insane, it's sending them to a small, nasty, boring, and guarded cell.
Some of us are punishing humans by killing them.
But who is the monster: the killer, or the killer of the killer?
The answer is both.

Here's the positive outlook: humans have been extremely successful. But is it worth having evil in the world?
That's up for you to decide, because I'm probably going to ask myself this question for the rest of my life.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
You cannot just 3D print things to end humanity. There is no way someone will be able to 3D print Ebola. Nuclear weapons, though, are a slight threat.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
How slight?
They can do a lot of damage, yes, but it's slight because the chances of someone setting one off are rare. Yes, humanity can destroy humanity. Yes, technologies are what we'd use. Yes, technologies can do bad. But, no, humans are born to destroy humans. And, no, humans aren't making good progress on anything normal everyday people could buy (that could destroy the world).

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
This is heating up to be a great thread. =)
Also, here's a thing on nuclear warafare.
At the very end, Michael talks about how keys can open things that can be beneficial to us or not. And I think that is embedded in every choice, no matter what. It's not the things we create, it's how we use them that matters.
It's what we decide to make out of these decisions that shape our future and show everyone, everything, how good or evil we might be.
Yes, you can say humans are evil, but why do you think they are doing what they are doing is nothing anyone else is able to even come close to comprehending. Is our nature bad? Yes and no, but what is for certain is that our choices often make a huge impact on everything. Since we have the power to control these to the maximum, we are the fist, brains, of the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci