• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCSG digging their own grave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah I agree that I have voted simply because the fact is that I've worked very hard on my stats, call that selfish if you wish but I don't find it selfish considering people are doing it for an 'easy ride' on the leaderboards. For example, people are voting yes to make it more 'fair' however the fact is that the most 'fair' way is to not reset considering we all start at zero.
If everyone starts with zero, how isn't that fair? Literally everyone is at the same level. That's the definition of fair. And only one or two people are going to get easy rides. Besides that, I think people genuinely want to give other's a shot at actually getting somewhere decent. The leaderboards have been pretty static for awhile now.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
If everyone starts with zero, how isn't that fair? Literally everyone is at the same level. That's the definition of fair. And only one or two people are going to get easy rides. Besides that, I think people genuinely want to give other's a shot at actually getting somewhere decent. The leaderboards have been pretty static for awhile now.
No I mean it'd be the most fair to keep it as it is because we all started at zero. It's unfair to a whole bunch of players to get their stats reset and are forced to start at zero again. But whatever anyways, my replies have been deleted for absolutely no reason on this thread so I'm done here.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
For one, it would be better to Reset now then later, but considering everyone is voting "yes" for the pure purpose of getting a free stat reset, it is kind of pointless because the point of the stat reset is to update them and make it better. No one cares for the new leaderboards lol.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
No I mean it'd be the most fair to keep it as it is because we all started at zero. It's unfair to a whole bunch of players to get their stats reset and are forced to start at zero again. But whatever anyways, my replies have been deleted for absolutely no reason on this thread so I'm done here.
So it's totally fair if underrated people like Volcomort and DayDuskDawn never get their shot at being in the top 100 because everyone else has been able to rack up such a ridiculous amount of wins? I agree with Theoretical (and NOT just because my stats are horrible :p ).

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
But we all started at zero at different times. That's not exactly fair. :3

Shu

Tribute
Reaction score
Well I just joined the community today and I find it great and amazing, the staff seem nice and people are so kind and loving, I really hope it won't die :(

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Well I just joined the community today and I find it great and amazing, the staff seem nice and people are so kind and loving, I really hope it won't die :(
Kind and loving....I want some of this kindness and love. If I had to say who's been the friendliest to me since my return, I'd have to say it's been Bcuzimbored1243 , Tzazon , and Saydimon . Well that and Huahwi and I actually had a short but surprisingly civil conversation of pokes on Teamspeak the other day. Who knows? Maybe I'll eventually forgive him for "gg l2p"ing me on CA. ;-;

Shu

Tribute
Reaction score
Kind and loving....I want some of this kindness and love. If I had to say who's been the friendliest to me since my return, I'd have to say it's been Bcuzimbored1243 , Tzazon , and Saydimon . Well that and Huahwi and I actually had a short but surprisingly civil conversation of pokes on Teamspeak the other day. Who knows? Maybe I'll eventually forgive him for "gg l2p"ing me on CA. ;-;
Well everyone has been through things in the past and since I'm new I didn't surface any of that negative actions from others, So I guess I didn't feel what it's really like :(

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hackers, teamers, tryhards, spammers, trash talkers.

Hacks
Fraps is free is you record in 20-second intervals, enough time to catch hacks in a fight. Also, check this out: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-to-stop-the-hackers.137586/

Teamers
Run like.

Tryhards
Run like.

Spammers
Screenshot and report if you are mad about it.

Trash Talkers
In the multiplayer settings, go to chat scale and turn it to 0%.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
So it's totally fair if underrated people like Volcomort and DayDuskDawn never get their shot at being in the top 100 because everyone else has been able to rack up such a ridiculous amount of wins? I agree with Theoretical (and NOT just because my stats are horrible :p ).
Yes that's exactly fair in my eyes. I worked my way up so should they. The only real good reason I'd vote yes is the new leaderboards however I just feel like most people are voting for themselves, I guess including myself, rather than MCSG.
But we all started at zero at different times. That's not exactly fair. :3
What's your point? The fact is that we all did infact start with zero wins. Even with new leaderboards you're going to get new players who start with zero after you've built up wins. Is that fair for them? Yes it is. I'm sorry but saying that people starting later is unfair, no it's not.

Yes it fair, why is it not fair? I worked my way up, why can't they? If they're great at the game they'll get recognised, of course it's easier to be recognised at the top but the people at the top have worked to be at the top. If they want to be known then they can work to be at the top. Like I, and many others did.

WookiePack101

Experienced
Reaction score
For your comment on the stats reset, I am all for it. Seriously, what's the harm? New players will have a chance to get out there and become as famous as the highest ranked players were. As for those people, they only have two options: the first is stay on MCSG and fight for the top spot and prove their skill from the beginning, or leave and find a new community (which will most likely be Hive) and fight for the top starting 4,000+ wins behind. Which would you do?
CreeperFart got his fanboys to vote yes for global stats reset... i bet half of the people voting have never voted on a straw pole before and they only did it this 1 time because CreeperFart told them to do it, MCSG is really digging their own grave.
Not only him.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
My opinion on it is I think they should do it I quit about a month ago now and I think its time for someone else to have a turn being in the top 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci